Can't improve youth facilities

I don't have an option to improve my youth facilities since the start of the game. Is this normal? I played the same team in fm 21 and I was able to do it back then. There just is no option in the board demands menu. What can I do in order to correct this?

20220405145353_1.jpg

20220405145405_1.jpg

Edited by Blackwolfpt

• Blackwolfpt changed the title to Can't improve youth facilities

I think i had a simular issue with Blyth. If i remember correctly I had to get "develop players" into the clubs vision for the future (develop players or something like that). Then the board would accept my request to increase the facilities for youth.

38 minutes ago, H_a_a_k_o_n said:

I think i had a simular issue with Blyth. If i remember correctly I had to get "develop players" into the clubs vision for the future (develop players or something like that). Then the board would accept my request to increase the facilities for youth.

My problem is that I don't even have the option to request an improvement.

This seems to be a bug. A really annoying one too (at least for those of us playing youth-only). I can't upgrade them for years with £160m in the bank and develop youth as philosophy (ie I can't even request the upgrade, like you).

I raised it in the thread linked below. So far the bug is still there with the latest update. Might be good if you raise this as bug or reply to one of the existing threads (below). Who knows, maybe SI manage to fix it before FM23.

The reason I linked it to a new stadium was that this first occurred for myself and a player doing a long term Iceland save and both of us had just made new stadiums and never got the ability to upgrade youth facilities after that. My save in particular was victim of the 'council stadium expansion bug' that was fixed in the winter update, which is what also introduced this 'disappearing youth facility upgrade'. So I figured it didn't hurt to point the devs towards that being a possible culprit as when they fixed it so I could build a new stadium, maybe it bugged something else. 

Hello! I have tried improving my youth recruitment since the start of my save with a Swedish club without any luck. The year is now 2040 and it is still only “fairly basic”. The board refuses to improve it even if I threaten to leave the club. We play in Champions League frequently and have around 80 millions euro in the bank. The club's reputation is 3,5 stars and the league is ranked 7th in Europe. It is getting quite frustrating now. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks in advance. I will be thankful if you can help me to fix it. Here is the save: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qmhsni705ircv1i/Nisse+P+-+Sölvesborgs+GoIF.fm/file  

Can you please fix it and send it back to me so i can keep playing on this magic save? 

Mvh FMonside 

• Administrators

The option won't be available to ask the board if they have no current interest in doing so - after building a new stadium it's often unlikely partly due to the expenditure.

If you have specific examples where you feel you should definitely be allowed to make the request, please do provide a save game and let us know the file name so we can take a look. Details on how to provide a save game here -  https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Would say best place to do so would always be our Bug Tracker

Thanks.