How to combine multiple nation rules with continental rules

Ominous77

Hello everyone!

I'm planning to start a new mod for FM21 that basically changes everything in the game (teams, players, awards, staff, competitions, etc) to completely fantasy (100% fake data, I'll be deleting everything prior to start).

Thing is, I don't know if it could be possible, for example, to create a continental competition and add the national leagues of every country in said contintent, in the same editor file. Do I have to make one editor file with the continental competition, other with country 1 league and another with country 2 league, and load them together when starting a new game?

Thank you!

You can’t create competition rules for more than one nation at a time in the editor.

By exporting the rules for each nation to xml, you can copy the rules and paste them into one big file. When you import that xml the editor does work with more nation competition rules. It’s still a bit tricky to copy and paste and put everything together.

Oh! Ok, so I would just make the competitions for each country (League & Cup), save and export and just stack them, right? Same with continental and every other competition I want to change? Just make it, save it and export it.

Thank you very much!

On 14/04/2022 at 22:13, Ominous77 said:

Hello again!

Quick question aboout the XMLs, is there a guide to what each term in each line refers to?

That way I'd know where I'd need to paste each new competition that I've created.

Thank you!

You can use notepad ++ because it will highlight sector(from opening to closing sector symbol) that you choose. 

Anyway - every xml have 3 main parts.

1.rule group sector - could be continental rule, international or nation rule sector. Its sector created by basic editor.  You dont need this sector at all when you have advanced editor files. All files will work without this - only thing you cant do it anymore is validation with editor. 

2. Advanced editor part - its called "files" in xml. As you can see when i click on that line - notepad ++ will make red line all the way down where that part ends.

Screenshot_210.png.a4e22ec3347bb1e7dfb0fde562f2923a.png

Screenshot_211.png.b634690018bf14f217a9228994eef4fc.png

3. database section part - its called "db_changes" in xml. You can use same method to find out where it ends. 

When you want to combine multiple files you need to delete basic editor part. Also you need to copy/paste all files from part "files" to 1 file and to do same thing with database changes. Of course database changes can be problem if you have some clash with changes. 

Best thing is to make file as 1 file from the beggining. You can make some nation rules file and finish everything that you need. After that you should delete basic editor part. Next thing is to add new nations and league system with add button on advanced list section. You can also use copy/paste option if this is faster. Also all database changes will be in one file so you cant have any clash or order problem. For this you need good knowlege about advanced editor because dont have editor test anymore.

On 16/04/2022 at 15:58, krlenjushka said:

You can use notepad ++ because it will highlight sector(from opening to closing sector symbol) that you choose. 

Anyway - every xml have 3 main parts.

1.rule group sector - could be continental rule, international or nation rule sector. Its sector created by basic editor.  You dont need this sector at all when you have advanced editor files. All files will work without this - only thing you cant do it anymore is validation with editor. 

2. Advanced editor part - its called "files" in xml. As you can see when i click on that line - notepad ++ will make red line all the way down where that part ends.

Screenshot_210.png.a4e22ec3347bb1e7dfb0fde562f2923a.png

Screenshot_211.png.b634690018bf14f217a9228994eef4fc.png

3. database section part - its called "db_changes" in xml. You can use same method to find out where it ends. 

When you want to combine multiple files you need to delete basic editor part. Also you need to copy/paste all files from part "files" to 1 file and to do same thing with database changes. Of course database changes can be problem if you have some clash with changes. 

Best thing is to make file as 1 file from the beggining. You can make some nation rules file and finish everything that you need. After that you should delete basic editor part. Next thing is to add new nations and league system with add button on advanced list section. You can also use copy/paste option if this is faster. Also all database changes will be in one file so you cant have any clash or order problem. For this you need good knowlege about advanced editor because dont have editor test anymore.

Hi!

You know, I must be doing something wrong because I'm just editing one nation at a time, saving it in xml, copy just the "db_changes" part to the AIO file and then loading it up in the game, just to the nation not showing up at all (says error not finding teams for competitions I deleted).

Could you help me out?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Send all nation rules files and i will join them for you. 

Thank you!

Also, could you tell me what I was doing wrong with my intent (AIO)?

And how could I add to this the continental competitions that these countries' leagues and cups qualify for?

AIO.xml arg.xml bol.xml bra.xml chi.xml col.xml ecu.xml par.xml per.xml uru.xml ven.xml

1 hour ago, Ominous77 said:

whats AIO?

Btw all these nation files are basic rules - you need to convert them to advanced and test. Only advanced files can be joined.

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

whats AIO?

Btw all these nation files are basic rules - you need to convert them to advanced and test. Only advanced files can be joined.

So that was it! I thought you could merge them before going in to advance rules!

The AIO file is the one that I made by joining each country file.

So I just convert them (even if I am not needing to do anything in advanced) and then join? 

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

yeah you need to delete basic part of file that you want to keep. 

copy all database changes from other 9 files to this one.

copy all "files" content from all 9 files to this one. 

thats it.

Thank you! Now I can see the leagues I created!

I have another issue though, the teams that win the league and cup don't qualify to the correspondant continental competitions. I also have errors in the number of teams getting pulled for the Cup Winners Cup-like competition that I've set up.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

test4.fmf

• 1 year later...
Am 16.4.2022 um 20:58 schrieb krlenjushka:

What exactly is that part?
Just the part from <record id="continental_rule_group"> (or whatever rule you have in your file) onwards until the belonging /record?
Or everything from <list id="verf"> until the AE part starts with <list id="files>?