[Suggestion] Organizing Competition Statistics

seabas3

Hello all, before I begin if this has been mentioned before I do apologize. I have brought this up before and I would like to bring this up again, if it does exist in some form in the game, please let me know because I’m clearly an idiot then.

FM is a plethora of information and statistics, but sometimes it can be presented in a “bulk” like manner rather than sorted or refined. For example; both Player and Club statistics when viewing a competition (whether domestic league, cup, confederation or international tournaments).

·         The first point here is I want to divide the competition statistics that is given to us. For example, when viewing either the Champions League, Europa League or Europa Conference League – the player statistics include matches from the qualifying rounds. Now this information is of course important, however it should be divided in my opinion. I believe there should be a little side menu which will divide the stats across several fazes of a competition.

o   Per Phase Division - “Overall”, “Qualifying Stages”, “Finals Stages”. We should be able to separate between the different “phases” of a competition, because when I look at player statistics in the champions league – there are players whom don’t even make it to the group stages who top the charts for goals scored and clean sheets kept. Of course the rewards don’t go to them at the end of the season, but still, I want to flush out those who have been knocked out or did not qualify.

o   Per Round Division While the first point covers an entire phase, why not get specific. What if I just want the top goalscorers from the group stages of the World Cup? Or maybe scout top scorers from just the Preliminary, First and Second Qualifying Round of the Champions League? This to me is very important, especially when I want to see how shortlisted players or even my own players are doing in a competition.

o   Per Reputation Division – I will touch on this in more detail in the next point as it is more applicable to a “league scenario”, but could I divide my statistics on whom I have faced? I see three areas but for more clarity, really it should be five; “Less Reputable” “Equal Reputable” “More Reputable”. So essentially, bigger clubs, lesser clubs or clubs of an equal standing. This would be fantastic to find out as I take a look at chances created for example – and all of them have come from facing smaller teams while a player doesn’t produce well verses equal or greater teams.

·         So, the first point was coming across cup competitions – the second point tackles League statistics. This avenue can be approached in several manners, but generically there should be some form of division when it comes to looking at player and/or club stats.

o   Time Basis – Rather then a “phase division” which with some leagues is actually applicable; “Promotion/Relegation Playoffs”, “Champions Phase”, “Confederational Qualification Phase” (see Belgium), “Opening and Closing” (see South America and Mexico in general) so it should be added – can we divide statistics for a course of a season? First half and second half for example, this can be helpful to see the impact of a congested winter and the impact of the mid-season transfer window if applicable. What about quarterly or third phases? Or heck, why not on a monthly basis?

o   Versus Basis – In my personal opinion this is my favorite option. I would like to categorize both club and player statistics on whom they face. Now we could get very specific and select specific clubs – sort of how you are able to compare club positions over a season already in the game. The more realistic option in my opinion could be dividing a league into “top half” and “lower half”, how one’s fare against clubs competing in confederational competitions, or maybe a specific collective based on in-game reputation “Top 6 in England” for example. For scouting and seeing how your own players perform, you can gain a better understanding of how to approach and whom to select for certain matches.

That's all I have for now, I'm sure more could be explored on this topic. But in general, I believe competition-based statistics can be divided and organized in a better manner.

I'll add one to this in terms of statistics.

I'd like to be able to see a players statistics split when playing certain positions.

If there's a player who has played multiple positions you get his statistics across the board and overall may seem quite poor. But actually if he's played say 30 games as a FB then 3 games as a CB and 2 as DM.

The players overall statistics are skewed. If I'm looking to sign a FB I don't want the odd appearances in other positions skewing his data.

Also when on player search we can search by number of appearances in the player search, why can't we search by appearances in position, this is already if you go into a players tactics screen so it should be able to be added into the search screen.

Also in the data hub having FB and CB represented in the same graph really messes up the data and doesn't give a clear position. Same as having Wingers in with Center Midfielders. 

The data hub will show FB and CB on the same graph for example on the defenders possession and it will show the average for both positions but they are completely different positions and do completely different things.

On my current save the premier league average for FB pass completion when looking just at FB in the league in the game is around 91% (the blue line in screenshot) and the CB pass completion is around 95% (red line in screenshot). But because they are compared together the average is around 93%. So looking at that I see a player Ronnie Edwards (yellow in screenshot) who is above the average line and think ok he looks good, above the average 93% pass completion great, but actually he is below the pass completion average for CB in the league.

Currently my FB's in the screenshot look like they give the ball away terribly compared to the average but if it was FB's represented then 2 of them would be roughly on the average line and 2 below the line which is ok for me because I like them to be direct and cross more so I know they are going to give it away more than normal

Screenshot (13).png

I completely agree on this as well. It's very difficult trying to organize data and information per position. Especially when trying to train players or try out new positions based off attributes and roles that they can perform, I would love to see how they do specifically in that one area.

• 5 months later...