Maximum Number of Child Competitions

nielsoncp

Is there a maximum number of child competitions that you can have in a game? I'm working on a US database that has 23 youth divisions, but several of them can't be set up. I'm curious if there's a maximum number the game can handle. Thanks in Advance!

And that's why you never post right before you go to bed. 

So, I have 1 youth level, and there are 23 child competitions within that level. The child competitions are all identical, except that seven of them won't load. I was curious if the game has a limit on the number of child competitions that can go into a single level, but it sounds like it may be higher than I thought. 

1 hour ago, nielsoncp said:

And that's why you never post right before you go to bed. 

So, I have 1 youth level, and there are 23 child competitions within that level. The child competitions are all identical, except that seven of them won't load. I was curious if the game has a limit on the number of child competitions that can go into a single level, but it sounds like it may be higher than I thought. 

You should be fine with 23, I’ve got many more at some of my levels. How come seven of them aren’t loading?

That's my question. I'm attaching the four files I'm building (in case you want to take a look.) What happens is that the individual levels has a screen pop up that says "this competition has not been scheduled yet." It happens with the Catawaba, Choctaw, Hunipui, Kickapoo, Muskogee, Osage, and Winnebago divisions. I did a copy/paste on the divisions, so I don't think there are any major differences in the editor files that would cause them not to load, but I may be missing it. 

CONCACAF Club Competitions - CEUD.fmf Mexico try 1.fmf USA - 10 Tier - CEUD.fmf Canada Try 2.fmf

18 hours ago, nielsoncp said:

That's my question. I'm attaching the four files I'm building (in case you want to take a look.) What happens is that the individual levels has a screen pop up that says "this competition has not been scheduled yet." It happens with the Catawaba, Choctaw, Hunipui, Kickapoo, Muskogee, Osage, and Winnebago divisions. I did a copy/paste on the divisions, so I don't think there are any major differences in the editor files that would cause them not to load, but I may be missing it. 

CONCACAF Club Competitions - CEUD.fmf 274.55 kB · 0 downloads Mexico try 1.fmf 288.84 kB · 0 downloads USA - 10 Tier - CEUD.fmf 364.56 kB · 0 downloads Canada Try 2.fmf 294.81 kB · 0 downloads

I've just had a quick look at your USA Tier 10 file and all those divisions you've mentioned run to 2024 on the test competitions with no issue.

Does that screen pop up on the editor or the game? There may be a conflict with the IDs if you're loading all four at once in game.

Thanks for the help Will. 

The problem is in game. When I load just the US file, all of the divisions appear. However, when I add any of the other files, those eight competitions appear in game, but show up with "this competition has not been scheduled yet" in the overview screen of the competition. All four files were built off of a shared database file - the leagues have the same unique ids and the same teams with the same ids. I'll try poking around a bit more and see if I can figure out what's going on. 

Edited by nielsoncp

Ok, I figured out a workaround. I went into the other files and removed the US reserve leagues, and everything loaded fine. Apparently there was a mismatch in the teams (or the number of teams) between the master database and the US modified version. Thanks again for the help Will!

10 hours ago, nielsoncp said:

Thanks for the help Will. 

The problem is in game. When I load just the US file, all of the divisions appear. However, when I add any of the other files, those eight competitions appear in game, but show up with "this competition has not been scheduled yet" in the overview screen of the competition. All four files were built off of a shared database file - the leagues have the same unique ids and the same teams with the same ids. I'll try poking around a bit more and see if I can figure out what's going on. 

4 hours ago, nielsoncp said:

Ok, I figured out a workaround. I went into the other files and removed the US reserve leagues, and everything loaded fine. Apparently there was a mismatch in the teams (or the number of teams) between the master database and the US modified version. Thanks again for the help Will!

No problem at all.

That does sound like you’ve tried to load competitions with the same ID and they clash with each other and then the game takes the one from the database that’s loaded first.

If there’s anything you need help with, give me a shout :)