Evidence Based FM's testing seems to show that Match Prep sessions increase the likelihood of losing the next match compared to no training at all. Is this a bug or something else?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using something similar but have included a few more Defending sessions to try to balance attribute growth a little. Anecdotally it works for me, nice balanced stat growth all round which really does question the in-game descriptions of the training cards. Would be good to see some clarification on this and confirmation whether anything has changed for FM 23.

Also eye-opening to me was that double intensity does very little for growth versus normal intensity, and in one of the comments he implied Recovery is not recommended over Rest. It's really nice to know these things when setting up a schedule.

In the future I'd like to see Max study the effects of Individual Focus, as I hardly ever notice stat gains in this area when I set it and actually feel it harms growth all round.

• 3 weeks later...

I have really been enjoying Max's videos, its great to finally see some data behind some schedules. Considering Zealand tried to say he had the best schedule out there I would love to see what he has to say about it. Maybe he can run some tests too with his larger team?

The whole thing has been very frustrating to see in general, we really cant seem to trust SI to give real information in game. I am still very disappointed to see them dodge the questions being asked about why certain training blocks do not train the specific attributes they say they do.

I also hope Max can do some more studies to debunk match prep altogether by adding all of the buffs within the same week. Also it would be really nice to see some data of these schedules running when matches are being played. Is there a growth cap as rumoured for example?

On 17/09/2022 at 06:50, ImDaWeasel said:

Having recently learned the ZaZ training routine, I'm currently testing that out for a season to see the results. 3 months in and it's more promising than any training routine I've used before for getting the most out of my players.

I have been looking at ZaZ training routine too, Im trying to run some tests but my potato of a PC makes it challenging to get any real solid data. Currently I am finding Max's to be more advantageous but that is probably just anecdotal .