Away Fans

I've been playing this game since its first incarnation. I buy it every year. Some years are better than others. I'm really enjoying FM22, but one thing has bugged me ever since you introduced the 3D match engine: away Fans. 

The number of away fans as represented in the stadium is simply unrealistic and somewhat ruins the immersion.

I've mentioned this every year for about the past five. Away fans do not occupy an entire end of one ground, unless perhaps in a cup game. I'm third, Southampton are 18th, yet they've brought, based on an estimate of my 48k-seater stadium, approximately 9,000 fans!

I cannot believe this can be that difficult to rectify. Use an algorithm or whatever it is you computer guys and girls do! Also, however many away fans there are, squeeze them together in a section of the stadium and put some guys in orange jackets down the edge to represent stewards. How good would that look?

Such a basic thing. 

It's funny but I agree but for the opposite reason. I played as Riga FC and somehow reached the European group stage and found myself playing West Ham at home. The database never figured that Riga would go so far so they didn't sell out their tickets. I can't believe that only a few hundred West Ham fans made the trip over to watch, especially since there should have been available tickets. That defies logic. Next game is vs Celtic. I suppose the same situation will play out again. 

Edited by Fredrik

On 18/06/2022 at 03:31, Fredrik said:

I can't believe that only a few hundred West Ham fans made the trip over to watch, especially since there should have been available tickets. That defies logic.

I'm not sure it's that unusual. Going to European away matches isn't cheap. It's not just buying the tickets, you also need flights, possibly a hotel and since the games are mid-week time off work too. Doing all that when it's a massive team is worth it, not many would do that to see their team play a relatively obscure team in Latvia though.

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I'm not sure it's that unusual. Going to European away matches isn't cheap. It's not just buying the tickets, you also need flights, possibly a hotel and since the games are mid-week time off work too. Doing all that when it's a massive team is worth it, not many would do that to see their team play a relatively obscure team in Latvia though.

Rigas lovely I reckon a lot would go, but I appreciate it's hard for the game to take all of that into consideration. 

6 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Rigas lovely I reckon a lot would go, but I appreciate it's hard for the game to take all of that into consideration. 

On a weekday night? I'm sure Riga is lovely, but it would probably be more appealing to people as a weekend trip rather than a weekday night. Who knows, maybe we'll get weekend European fixtures one day though?