Points system

Celtic501

23 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

You mean like this tab in the editor?

image.png.6b9a25bcd37b2928d05dddd96aad7c00.png

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I am familiar with the setting. I guess what I mean is does another point system work as well as the current one? I'm struggling to find a better alternative. 

4 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

If you just want larger numbers you could multiply it or something. Do 10x, so 30 for a win, 10 for a draw and 0 for a loss. It's basically the same, just with an extra 0 on the end.

Could do I suppose, is 3, 1, 0 the best system? I've been thinking of others like 4,1,0 or 4,2, 0 but it seems the consequence for not winning become too big over the course of a season. 

Edited by Celtic501

5 hours ago, Celtic501 said:

Could do I suppose, is 3, 1, 0 the best system? I've been thinking of others like 4,1,0 or 4,2, 0 but it seems the consequence for not winning become too big over the course of a season. 

You could have 8 points for a win, 4 for a draw and 2 for a defeat.

If you’ve only got 16 teams in your league you’d only need to win under half your games to get to 100 points with a few draws and defeats. Even if you lost every game you would get 60 points.

I don’t think you can do half points, they’ve got to be full points.

Edited by FCUtdWill

14 hours ago, Celtic501 said:

I personally think 3,1,0 is the best system. But it's purely a subjective matter. But I'm sure there are people out there who think the old 2,1,0 system is the best. 4,2,0 would effectively be the same as that too I guess. 5,2,0 could be an option too, draws would count for more than in 3,1,0 but wins would still be more valuable than in a 2,1,0 or 4,2,0.

I'm one of the old people that prefer 2,1,0 system. There is no benefit in an extra point for a win.

but for the the main questions I would go for a 4,2,1 system. You basically get a point for playing a game.

On 21/06/2022 at 19:44, FCUtdWill said:

You could have 8 points for a win, 4 for a draw and 2 for a defeat.

If you’ve only got 16 teams in your league you’d only need to win under half your games to get to 100 points with a few draws and defeats. Even if you lost every game you would get 60 points.

I don’t think you can do half points, they’ve got to be full points.

Thanks for the feedback, definitely made me think about that formula. Yeah I'm not really into half points but just entered my mind. 

20 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I personally think 3,1,0 is the best system. But it's purely a subjective matter. But I'm sure there are people out there who think the old 2,1,0 system is the best. 4,2,0 would effectively be the same as that too I guess. 5,2,0 could be an option too, draws would count for more than in 3,1,0 but wins would still be more valuable than in a 2,1,0 or 4,2,0.

Thanks for the reply. Your idea of 5, 2, 0 has made me think. 

19 hours ago, Onagan said:

I'm one of the old people that prefer 2,1,0 system. There is no benefit in an extra point for a win.

but for the the main questions I would go for a 4,2,1 system. You basically get a point for playing a game.

That's interesting, what do you prefer about the old 2,1,0 system out of curiosity? 

6 hours ago, Celtic501 said:

That's interesting, what do you prefer about the old 2,1,0 system out of curiosity? 

I don’t think it makes a big difference, maybe that a team  thats up 1 is defending more towards the end of the game, because they are afraid of two points.