In-Game Editor needs to be able to make managers unsackable

Martianduk

It happens so often that a team will sack their manager completely unrealistically especially in the early seasons.

If Man City finish 2nd they sack Pep, if Liverpool finish 4th they sack Klopp. Union Berlin are 8th placed in the Bundesliga in my save and sacked their coach Fischer, it's just ridiculous. I have to save and reload every other week just to stop things like this happening and ruining the immersion.

Just let us make AI managers unsackable like we could make ourselves. It's desperately needed 

It's also really bad with national team managers. After every tournament most coaches either get sacked or resign. It means you quickly end up running out of realistic candidates

Edited by Martianduk

7 hours ago, Martianduk said:

It happens so often that a team will sack their manager completely unrealistically especially in the early seasons.

If Man City finish 2nd they sack Pep, if Liverpool finish 4th they sack Klopp. Union Berlin are 8th placed in the Bundesliga in my save and sacked their coach Fischer, it's just ridiculous. I have to save and reload every other week just to stop things like this happening and ruining the immersion.

Just let us make AI managers unsackable like we could make ourselves. It's desperately needed 

It's also really bad with national team managers. After every tournament most coaches either get sacked or resign. It means you quickly end up running out of realistic candidates

Great idea, I would like an 'Won't leave club/NT' as well to stop them leaving for different clubs/NT 

On 02/07/2022 at 09:29, Martianduk said:

I would like this; obviously the longer-term improvement would be better chairman AI in terms of their patience attribute actually meaning something. Agree that the 1 season performance sacking is an issue exactly as you have described.

I do think there is a bit of an expectation issue in the game generally tho - smaller clubs having a decent season and suddenly being predicted to interject themselves between the huge clubs e.g. I finished 5th with Norwich & was taken over by a tycoon (v.lucky) - but rather than their expectations being a gradual improvement (top half, challenge for Europe etc over 3-5 years) they wanted a top 4 finish immediately. The media also saw me as the 3rd fav for the league? When Leicester won the league they were not predicted to win it again, Newcastle with their new found billions are not expected to win the league... this isn't mirrored in the game sadly