Who is the one player that you always get when starting a new save?

On older versions, Martin Odegaard. On the last few versions, it's anyone who has excellent corner/free kick taking attributes. Ward-Prowse, Demirbay, Eriksen -- they all flourish thanks to the preponderance of set piece success and the knock-on match rating effects. I also seem to be drawn to Simone Zaza's pressing forward attributes at a reasonable price.

David Raya has become my go to Goalie to replace McGregor at Rangers for the last few years. Also been signing John Souttar since he was about 17 but he has actually signed in real life now. I won't have to find that money anymore :lol:

Like gunner86, I try to avoid signing the same players over and over.  I want every save to be unique.  I even go as far as trying to avoid signing big name players (especially those that are on all the recommended lists) - I'd much rather make stars of my players, than buy star players.

For about 3 years of FM Eder Balenta was my go to.

However in one version of the game the saves I do are usually very different from each other which means I can't pick up the same players- for instance my first save in 22 was with Norwich and my second is with Meatlist Kharkiv in the Ukranian second tier so there is no overlap on players I can sign.

14 hours ago, FrazT said:

Funnily enough, I have just got this player to rotate with Gomez ( see above)

The great thing was I found him without reading about him in any website articles recommending players.

I had just scouted the whole Salzburg squad and came across him, scouted him further and begun to realise he was probably good. But I didnt know for sure he was going to turn out this good. Which makes it all the more satisfying now.

He also had a strike partner who was a bit like him but younger and not quite so good. I almost signed him too but decided against.

Edited by 2feet

8 hours ago, 2feet said:

The great thing was I found him without reading about him in any website articles recommending players.

I had just scouted the whole Salzburg squad and came across him, scouted him further and begun to realise he was probably good. But I didnt know for sure he was going to turn out this good. Which makes it all the more satisfying now.

He also had a strike partner who was a bit like him but younger and not quite so good. I almost signed him too but decided against.

Yep - had his strike partner on my list and had to buy one or the other- so far. so good.