Adjusting tactics for away games

Depends on the opponent but I will sometimes pull back the mentality by one position ( say positive to balanced ) and reduce the number of player attacking instructions to support.  I will mostly leave the formation alone.

When I’m using a team that isn’t expected to win most games, I will tend to have 2 tactics. Both will use the same formation, but I’ll adjust roles that focus more on being defensively sound, and go for instructions that are, again, that bit more considered. I will generally go for balanced mentality rather than positive, but don’t drop below that as I find going defensive invites too much pressure.

Fundamentally, I tend to have one way of playing - I like to play my own game even if I’m expected to lose, but I have to balance the risks a little more and not leave myself too open.

2 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

I have the same tactic in 3 slots. I never change anything before, or during a game, regardless of opponent.

Just out of interest.

If you have the same tactic in all 3 slots, and there all the same. How comes you have the same tactic in all 3 and not one?