I'd just like FM touch to return

Robocat

The title says it all. I have a job and I'm married. I can't invest more than 12 hours in a season. Full fat FM is too much.

FM touch was great, it was easy to access and use, and gave me (and still does!) some gentle escapism. It still had a really great database of players too.

I've been buying FM since 95/96, and FM 2023 may be the end of an era for me :-( 

1000% agree. Funny thing is that the player who are currently playing full fm will only grow older. Life commitments amongst other things will make them want a streamlined version. 

The xbox edition is available as well on desktops/laptops through the Microsoft store/xbox app. I do think were there to be some pre-set options for staff delegations and news item management within the main game (aimed at being more like the xbox version) can help get it to a more streamlined point as well. 

Very true, However I would say most FM players are dedicated to the Steam platform. I think they should also make FM Xbox Edition available on Steam or at least embed to the Full FM game like it was in FM13

Em 31/07/2022 em 16:23, santy001 disse:

A edição xbox também está disponível em desktops/laptops por meio do aplicativo Microsoft Store/xbox. Eu acho que se houver algumas opções pré-definidas para delegações de funcionários e gerenciamento de itens de notícias no jogo principal (com o objetivo de ser mais parecido com a versão do xbox) também podem ajudar a chegar a um ponto mais simplificado. 

we all want the Touch version on Android, iOS and PC (Steam) without that subscription to play. to depend on the internet? We want to be able to play a lighter version, anywhere without having a great PC. A suggestion, why not make a Touch version available for mobile? Today we have several cell phones with great processors. It would be a big hit. Much more than the Xbox version, I assure you.

You can purchase the xbox edition directly if you don't wish to have the subscription. There is already the mobile version which exists for android/iOS. I won't pretend to have enough interest in gaming on mobile devices to claim to have any knowledge of whether there are some out there which could handle running touch as it was last available. However, the issue Touch had was that there wasn't a big enough interest in purchasing the product to keep it viable as it was before. To bring it back with all the development costs again but for a niche line of mobile devices would not really make sense as a business decision in my opinion, based on what has been shared before.

In general of course no one can expect the community to come up with a plan that ensures the financial viability of it, but I think when there comes to suggestions and ideas of how Touch could manifest again in the future it has to be a consideration. Touch by the time it was announced it would be withdrawn wasn't a big hit. 

7 horas atrás, santy001 disse:

You can purchase the xbox edition directly if you don't wish to have the subscription. There is already the mobile version which exists for android/iOS. I won't pretend to have enough interest in gaming on mobile devices to claim to have any knowledge of whether there are some out there which could handle running touch as it was last available. However, the issue Touch had was that there wasn't a big enough interest in purchasing the product to keep it viable as it was before. To bring it back with all the development costs again but for a niche line of mobile devices would not really make sense as a business decision in my opinion, based on what has been shared before.

In general of course no one can expect the community to come up with a plan that ensures the financial viability of it, but I think when there comes to suggestions and ideas of how Touch could manifest again in the future it has to be a consideration. Touch by the time it was announced it would be withdrawn wasn't a big hit. 

I believe it would be viable to have both FM Mobile and FM Touch options for iOS and Android (Smartphone). This would eliminate the incompatibility problem and consequently increase the number of people interested in the game. To differentiate the two versions you could change the name of FM Touch to FM Classic, you would attract new players to both versions. Those who don't have as much time as before but want something close to Football Manager would have a lot of fun with the FM Classic version. And not to mention that kid who has grown up and wants to be at the next level, having an experience close to the PC version would be something surreal for many who don't have a tablet, iPad (when the game was available) or PC.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/07/2022 at 20:23, Robocat said:

I can't invest more than 12 hours in a season. Full fat FM is too much.

FM touch was great, it was easy to access and use, and gave me (and still does!) some gentle escapism. It still had a really great database of players too.

I've been buying FM since 95/96, and FM 2023 may be the end of an era for me :-( 

Hello, are you me?? 

If there's no Touch/the PC Xbox Edition goes backwards with the ability to edit data, it's done unfortunately. 

I can't get into FMM, but Touch was just brilliant. The changeover to XE was a disaster with the initial errors, and only really got going a few month in.

Edited by Malicious Penguin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hoping that with iOS getting FM Touch this year that the Android version will be back next year. I was personally shocked when FM 22 was released without the touch version. As someone who sits on a train for an hour going to and from work each day. FM Touch on a tablet was crucial. Especially without an app which integrates into Full FM to get my fix throughout the day.

Simply put, there is still a demand for the touch version. There doesn't have to be the development there is in the full game. Just the minimum set of features. Or just give us an updated database.

Having shouts and mentoring in the game was a massive plus and then the production just stopped.

Edited by James_Fraser

• 2 months later...

Sports Interactive, it'd be a really nice addition to have FM touch in the FM 24 series, it was a great option over FM mobile for a lot of FM users, there's a wider spread of Mobile devices to PC's and Consoles, FM touch's removal from the past two series on Mobile has been very tough, it would be really nice if it's added back for Android and IOS in the FM 24 series. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah i miss FM Classic/Touch too.  It was quick, fun, bug free for us family men.   The FM23 Console on windows has been full of bugs all season, and now we cant even play cause of the "save game bug".    Full game is to slow....    Wish atleast you added "instant result" in the full game so we all can play the same game just make it easier/quicker for us with little spare time.   Im also considering not buying the game next year because this current version is soooo bad.    Ive been playing since the early 90s, and that makes me a bit depressed.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

We've made a business decision to remove FM Touch on PC, and we have no immediate plan to change the availability of the current FM line-up. Our decision may change depending on the market demand in the future. If you want to play a streamlined version of FM on PC, we recommend trying Football Manager 2023 Xbox Edition on Game Pass PC.