Using opposition scout reports effectively

Sorry long threat title. 

I wondered how people make the most of these? Do you use them and adapt your game accordingly? 

I always find the information hard to digest. I really hate the positives and cons list as there is so much information and I probably only need a little bit. 

Do people look at how the opposition have scored goals and then adjust their defence? Changing formation etc. Or do you just scan it and only make a change if something glaring stands out? 

I have started to try and identify out of form players and targeting them directly, but it's hard to get a feel for their quality and weaknesses with hidden attributes. Currently playing lower leagues too so scouting and data isn't great. 

I feel your pain. I used to do that but I gave up flipping all over in 6 panels to get some info.. 

What I'm doing now is look at their formation and shape and :

- adjust the defensive width to narrow if they have inside roles on the wings, maybe set my DM on defense if I play a better team with an AM role.

-adjust the attacking width or focus play on the flanks if they are crowding in the middle of defense with 3 CD and/or a DM. But this is more of an in game feel, looking at the match for a little and see if there is a lot of space on the sides and we are struggling to open them.

That's it. No Data Hub, no who's who.. to much clicking around to find that info you want.

I think there is something in there and can be useful if someone wants to dig into them - but opposition report UI panels are so needlessly complicated.

You get a mail with some kind of summary from the scout

spacer.png

You have 3 buttons on the bottom and a hyperlink on top that will get you to :

A. Overview and Submenus in Data Hub - Next Opponent and

B.  Team Report and submenus on that opponent "page". 

And from A or B I'm flipping all over the place to find out that : they scored a lot from inside the box, that their manager kind of likes man marking , assists are x% trough balls  etc. 

I mean there is info, but it's all over the place. Some panels are ok, some of them are awful like the Data Hub/Next Opposition/ Scout report panel . And do not confuse this with  [ Team ]/ Team Report/ Senior Squad/ Scout Report . :herman:

And then you get the mail from the analyst who says the numbers are fascinating - but this you already know, because all numbers are fascinating :lol:.

spacer.png

For example I would love to have some precise information : "crossing is a strength of the squad overall " - all of them ? do they have an assist heavy winger ? Who?

I have to click : Team Report/ Senior Squad/ Report/ Select Scoring - Select Assists and see 10 assists on their right wing. Ok. Why don't you tell directly ?!

spacer.png 

And I still don't know who's the main assist guy on that side ! Is it the winger ? It's the fullback ?

It would be nice if we were able to customize our next opponent scouting overview page:

- I would want to see the most likely formation and style of play,

- some relevant info about the manager tendencies - marking, mentality,

- some info about goal scorers , assists - who? from where ? 

Then if you want more, dig deeper with some more organized panels.

Anyway.. sorry for my long post. Hope I didn't highjack the thread.

Edited by BuzzR

No that's actually really helpful and a similar experience for mine. I rarely change my defensive shape, but that's reminded me to look at it. I've been getting results on the whole this version other than a bad run last season with Welling, but think that was due to morale. Prior to that I had a quick play through with Arsenal which in the prem is a bit to easy anyway. 

Would like to mix up the play a bit more though to be more effective. Cheers! 

Edited by BristolCity1992