TCS 1.1 Skin but with FME Zealand in-match panels

dℍaisa

Make no mistake TCS skin even this year is wonderful, but apparently no effort is put on the in-match panels... 

Can anyone help me in putting everything in-match related from FME to the TCS skin?

any guidance will be much appreciated. 

FME Skin: https://www.fmscout.com/index.php?e=away&id=8030

TCS Skin: https://www.fmscout.com/index.php?e=away&id=8518

Thanks! :)

39 minutes ago, dℍaisa said:

Make no mistake TCS skin even this year is wonderful, but apparently no effort is put on the in-match panels... 

Can anyone help me in putting everything in-match related from FME to the TCS skin?

any guidance will be much appreciated. 

FME Skin: https://www.fmscout.com/index.php?e=away&id=8030

TCS Skin: https://www.fmscout.com/index.php?e=away&id=8518

Thanks! :)

but apparently no effort is put on the in-match panels... 

I think thats a bit rude, are you aware of how much effort it takes to make a skin ? 

Anyway, you'll find what you need in the Match folder.

9 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I think thats a bit rude, are you aware of how much effort it takes to make a skin ? 

Anyway, you'll find what you need in the Match folder.

Didn't mean to be rude, but he did said it was a week long project.

Anyways , will simply replacing work?

Also adding all graphics to each other too, that i know.

5 minutes ago, dℍaisa said:

Didn't mean to be rude, but he did said it was a week long project.

Anyways , will simply replacing work?

Also adding all graphics to each other too, that i know.

i can't say if it's a 1 to 1 replacement will work or not as there can be big difference in the codes. it can be as simple as that or it can be a heavy operation to make it work.
Trial and error is your way forward i would say. I doubt you'll find many if any at all that would strip a skin and add it to another unless it was for personal use.

This is ofcourse all my opinion and can only talk for myself :)

15 hours ago, snowofman said:

i can't say if it's a 1 to 1 replacement will work or not as there can be big difference in the codes. it can be as simple as that or it can be a heavy operation to make it work.
Trial and error is your way forward i would say. I doubt you'll find many if any at all that would strip a skin and add it to another unless it was for personal use.

This is ofcourse all my opinion and can only talk for myself :)

I just replaced tcs's match panel folder completely. yet match panels are still old ones, how is it possible? at best it shouldn't be working?

2 hours ago, dℍaisa said:

I just replaced tcs's match panel folder completely. yet match panels are still old ones, how is it possible? at best it shouldn't be working?

If you are talking about the layout of the tablet, there must be something you have forgotten to replace
are you talking about the panels inside the tablet, then most are Fm standard panels, 

as i can't remember how either is looking, you can post a screen shot of both to make it easier to understand ( i'm old and my memory isnt as oiled anymore ) :)

4 hours ago, snowofman said:

If you are talking about the layout of the tablet, there must be something you have forgotten to replace
are you talking about the panels inside the tablet, then most are Fm standard panels, 

as i can't remember how either is looking, you can post a screen shot of both to make it easier to understand ( i'm old and my memory isnt as oiled anymore ) :)

image.png.6d59158dfcf50ab992c0a3374e4b0f4e.pngi replaced the 'match' folder completely

Edited by dℍaisa

14 hours ago, dℍaisa said:

The skin is delivered from cache. Clear cache, reload skin and then analyze changes and ( most likely ) errors.

From your screenshot looks like you have a TCS ... - copy folder, and it's most likely parsed by the game with the same name as the TCS skin [non copy] ( most likely packed). Are you certain you are using that "copy" skin in-game ?

Use the Skinning Guide and Knowledge Base in the topics pinned to the top of the forum and start clean. Use the base skin provided there and make the match panels work with it. 

This way you have a one point of change - you know the base skin it's working as it's provided as it is from the game files, and add to it ( the panels you want from FME skin).

Step by step, see what's working and what doesn't - what panel this panel references etc. Make sure you clear cache and reload skin with every new file(s) you add to the skin. Reloading skin only doesn't work when you add a new file to a skin. ( if you have cached enabled ).

On 16/08/2022 at 16:45, dℍaisa said:

but apparently no effort is put on the in-match panels...

As @snowofman said this was rude and uncalled for.. There is a lot of effort put into a skin and a lot of energy is consumed scrapping through these god-forsaken xml files. Read this :

Edited by BuzzR
font

6 hours ago, BuzzR said:

The skin is delivered from cache. Clear cache, reload skin and then analyze changes and ( most likely ) errors.

From your screenshot looks like you have a TCS ... - copy folder, and it's most likely parsed by the game with the same name as the TCS skin [non copy] ( most likely packed). Are you certain you are using that "copy" skin in-game ?

Use the Skinning Guide and Knowledge Base in the topics pinned to the top of the forum and start clean. Use the base skin provided there and make the match panels work with it. 

This way you have a one point of change - you know the base skin it's working as it's provided as it is from the game files, and add to it ( the panels you want from FME skin).

Step by step, see what's working and what doesn't - what panel this panel references etc. Make sure you clear cache and reload skin with every new file(s) you add to the skin. Reloading skin only doesn't work when you add a new file to a skin. ( if you have cached enabled ).

As @snowofman said this was rude and uncalled for.. There is a lot of effort put into a skin and a lot of energy is consumed scrapping through these god-forsaken xml files. Read this :

13 hours ago, snowofman said:

okay, i ment screenshots of the panels during a match 
how the look now and how you want them to look

AIM:

image.thumb.png.a0ad002c115c5720c86543fa8bcd4aac.png

CURRENT: Apparently it is not able to grab information for the new panels. In the lower left corner, the instruction button also doesn't seem to be working.

image.thumb.png.e17e77ec148463657b1c77b85a9e7f03.png

11 hours ago, dℍaisa said:

AIM:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a0ad002c115c5720c86543fa8bcd4aac.png

CURRENT: Apparently it is not able to grab information for the new panels. In the lower left corner, the instruction button also doesn't seem to be working.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e17e77ec148463657b1c77b85a9e7f03.png

This file is needed for the instructions to be working - team/team instructions button panel match

it looks to me as if you have forgotten to copy this file from FME - match touchline tablet panel (it's the one that has the top tabs and the one that control the panels)

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

This file is needed for the instructions to be working - team/team instructions button panel match

it looks to me as if you have forgotten to copy this file from FME - match touchline tablet panel (it's the one that has the top tabs and the one that control the panels)

Wow, doing the first task has fixed everything else. (I have no idea how):

image.thumb.png.4f0d09d7eac1230f4dc970ef5b530df6.png

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

I had completely replaced it, anyways, it is working now! Thanks!

--

Now, dear sir can you guide me replacing the player popup profile from TCS's to Tato's

Current:

image.png.7ed4da6c2a46c491387119a71ff56639.png

Target: 

image.png.64b7fa9ae5de8530d3bc4846e150fe37.png

2 minutes ago, dℍaisa said:

Wow, doing the first task has fixed everything else. (I have no idea how):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4f0d09d7eac1230f4dc970ef5b530df6.png

I had completely replaced it, anyways, it is working now! Thanks!

--

Now, dear sir can you guide me replacing the player popup profile from TCS's to Tato's

Current:

Spoiler

image.png.7ed4da6c2a46c491387119a71ff56639.png

Target: 

Spoiler

image.png.64b7fa9ae5de8530d3bc4846e150fe37.png

Glad it worked :)

about the player popup window

There are alot of panels spread around the skin, 

player/player overview popup panel
generic/popup information panel

and a few more if i remember correct, i just can't remember where they are on top of my head
i would suggest you to read through the 2 files and see for more files

20 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Glad it worked :)

about the player popup window

There are alot of panels spread around the skin, 

player/player overview popup panel
generic/popup information panel

and a few more if i remember correct, i just can't remember where they are on top of my head
i would suggest you to read through the 2 files and see for more files

TCS has no popup xml files... So i simply added Tato's but now this is happening:

image.png.60a2a83badeded6f19ac2685c92870c5.png

Inserted one here

and other corresponding file here

Just now, dℍaisa said:

TCS has no popup xml files... So i simply added Tato's but now this is happening:

image.png.60a2a83badeded6f19ac2685c92870c5.png

Inserted one here

and other corresponding file here

if he has no, then it means he's using the FM default

and what you see is the result of missing files

so as i said, read through the files you added and look for missing files

use the search and look for the word "file" that should get you abit of way, 

12 minutes ago, snowofman said:

image.png.c33e471f8fbe8db213d577b718d8651d.png

Success, I found out that a lot of files from 'woz' folder were required. So i moved the complete 'woz' folder to Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\skins\TCS4 v1.1.0 - Copy\panels\player\woz

Thank you!

25 minutes ago, dℍaisa said:

Spoiler

image.png.c33e471f8fbe8db213d577b718d8651d.png

Success, I found out that a lot of files from 'woz' folder were required. So i moved the complete 'woz' folder to Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\skins\TCS4 v1.1.0 - Copy\panels\player\woz

Thank you!

Glad you got it working :)

4 minutes ago, dℍaisa said:

a problem though, the blank match panel is still happening for friendly matches (only), any idea why?

no sorry, not something i have encountered myself.
i would take a read through the "match touchline tablet panel" just to make sure you havnt missed something.

On 18/08/2022 at 17:31, snowofman said:

Hi, Just to go back to this, if you have notice there is a large blank area next to the players face (on the right) where the players kit name and number is meant to be as shown further up with the original target from Tato.

I'm wondering of you have any idea where the file(s) are located which are necessary for this?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Dec--- said:

Hi, Just to go back to this, if you have notice there is a large blank area next to the players face (on the right) where the players kit name and number is meant to be as shown further up with the original target from Tato.

I'm wondering of you have any idea where the file(s) are located which are necessary for this?

Thanks

I believe his missing a file "generic/nr"