How to create various style of playing using TI/PI from base 4-3-3

Hi,

After using lot of downloaded tactics, I want to create a tactics on my own for a long term save. I have decided the base formation which is 4-3-3. The roles I have decided to go with look something like this:

image.png.699d8bd4c6bff7dce0ad40e178e6543a.png

I want to create 3 variations of playing style using this base template.
1) Pass and move for Home matches.
2) Fluid or direct counter-attacking for Away matches and against top clubs.
3) Defensive football to hold onto lead for last quarter of 90mins.

I have read various sources of creating tactics in here and other sites but always get confused while creating one for myself. The main problem I face is while choosing TI and PI. I do not like how all those downloaded tactics are created with extreme gegenpressing and highest selectable tempo with unusual formations, so taking idea from them are no go for me.

Could anyone help me with TI and PI to achieve the desired play styles stated above? I would be grateful. Thanks.

I am still playing FM21 btw and the club I will be managing is on EFL Championship level.

I'll tell you what I have, and maybe it'll help you find your way. I'm still on FM20, mind you.

1) Base Tactic: 4-3-3. SK-S // WB-S, CD-D, CD-D, FB-A // CAR-S, AP-A, CAR-S // IF-A, IW-S // PF-A. PIs: on CBs and GK to pass shorter; ST can have more direct passes but I don't see many changes). Positive Mentality, Be More Disciplined, +1 Width, Counter-Press, Counter, Distribute to CBs, Higher LE, Much Higher DL, Pressing Maxed, Prevent Short GK Distribution, Tight Marking. Opposition Instructions: Tackle Hard on all defense and DM, Tight Marking on CAM. Show weaker foot to STs.

2) For tough matches: FB-A to WB-S; Counter-Press to Regroup; Cautious Mentality; Pass into Space.

If other team has 2 strikers, I also change the distribution to full backs, flanks or playmaker (depends on how they are playing)

3) Holding the lead: Almost the same as tough matches (without pass into space); sometimes I switch Counter to Hold Shape or leave unselected; Waste Time on the middle from 75+ minutes; Full Waste Time from 85+. Sometimes play out of defence, sometimes lower tempo, sometimes drop the lines a bit (this all depends on how the game is going). Be careful with their formation.

On 22/08/2022 at 23:57, coach vahid said:

Pass and move, i will imagine something like this...

image.png.05f0e9e4b6b87ddb64f9d1bf3fdbc1d9.png

For the counter attack...

image.png.8744402720a0892c20aa9d4d4f9e7c25.png

And for the defensive style...

image.png.4ae84e3e7fd1f456a11c1a8cdee77a58.png

But you can also read this...

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions. What do you think about the left CM role should be? I chose CM(S) as I don't want him to take the space of the IF(S). What about AP(S) pairing with IF or BBM and IF at the same side? I am little confused about how the central midfield roles pair with IF.

On 23/08/2022 at 00:10, lfds89 said:

I'll tell you what I have, and maybe it'll help you find your way. I'm still on FM20, mind you.

1) Base Tactic: 4-3-3. SK-S // WB-S, CD-D, CD-D, FB-A // CAR-S, AP-A, CAR-S // IF-A, IW-S // PF-A. PIs: on CBs and GK to pass shorter; ST can have more direct passes but I don't see many changes). Positive Mentality, Be More Disciplined, +1 Width, Counter-Press, Counter, Distribute to CBs, Higher LE, Much Higher DL, Pressing Maxed, Prevent Short GK Distribution, Tight Marking. Opposition Instructions: Tackle Hard on all defense and DM, Tight Marking on CAM. Show weaker foot to STs.

2) For tough matches: FB-A to WB-S; Counter-Press to Regroup; Cautious Mentality; Pass into Space.

If other team has 2 strikers, I also change the distribution to full backs, flanks or playmaker (depends on how they are playing)

3) Holding the lead: Almost the same as tough matches (without pass into space); sometimes I switch Counter to Hold Shape or leave unselected; Waste Time on the middle from 75+ minutes; Full Waste Time from 85+. Sometimes play out of defence, sometimes lower tempo, sometimes drop the lines a bit (this all depends on how the game is going). Be careful with their formation.

Thanks mate, that's really helpful to know how others create tactics.

Il y a 4 heures, rhinjard a dit :

Thanks for the suggestions. What do you think about the left CM role should be? I chose CM(S) as I don't want him to take the space of the IF(S). What about AP(S) pairing with IF or BBM and IF at the same side? I am little confused about how the central midfield roles pair with IF

But it depends your players... You want to play with an AP? Why not...But if your AP have 5 on vision and 7 on first touch...

Your can try a "classic" midfield too. With a Dmd, Cms and Cma.

Em 24/08/2022 em 03:41, coach vahid disse:

But it depends your players... You want to play with an AP? Why not...But if your AP have 5 on vision and 7 on first touch...

Your can try a "classic" midfield too. With a Dmd, Cms and Cma.

@rhinjard, I find this extremely important. My tactic works with an AP-A who can dribble really well, CAR-S who are good defensively, IF-A good in the air, FB-A good crosser

• 2 weeks later...

I found Rashidis (bustthenet) videos really usefull. Check this series about adapting against different formations with a 433. Before this video i always faced a 442 by creating a superiority at the back with a Half Back 3vs2, i never thought of using Underlap and play threw middle to exploit their lack of a DM. If you watch the whole series you can grab some ideas for 4 tactics. 1. Base tactic, 2. vs No DM (442/4231), 3 vs Diamonds and 4. vs some 5 atb (its against the ones i most struggle if they only have WB  i tend to overlap if they have WB+Winger i reduced the D-Line play more open). Its not the set of tactics you asked for but maybe inspires you. 

*His tip about not using offside trap vs tactis with a Target Foward is gold!