[suggestion] Provide an indicative price (or price range) for major board requests

BeeInExile

I personally worry about asking the board to buy or build a new stadium (or upgrade training facilities), because I have no idea if they say yes whether it will bankrupt the club. I would think that in a real-life setting, you could float the possibility of building a new stadium to a board as a hypothetical, and they could give you a very approximate price based on their general knowledge (e.g. £70-£110m or whatever). You would then have at least a small amount of information to go on before clicking the button to request it, and potentially destroying your club.

In practical terms, I would like the button saying “Buy Stadium”/ “Build new stadium” (and maybe “Upgrade Training Facilities” to say “Buy Stadium (estimated cost £70-£110m)” etc. No need for this to be the case for coaching courses etc. – just the really big ticket items.

Having the option to request for the board to buy or build a new stadium is already mildly unrealistic, given that you're the manager rather than someone more senior. This would help with realism, as anyone going to a board meeting suggesting doing something as expensive as building a new stadium would in real life at least do a bit of initial cost scoping before proposing it.

Edited by BeeInExile
Adding [suggestion] to title

• BeeInExile changed the title to [suggestion] Provide an indicative price (or price range) for major board requests
  • 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

@BeeInExile where do you think the value/costing range should be presented? Should it be a news article after a period of review for example (similar to how affiliate requests may work) or with a pop-up before you submit the request - or any other ideas you may have?

The other option could be that it could be a small pop-up in the centre of the screen after you click the button. It could say "Building a new stadium is expected to cost between £70m and £110m. Are you sure you want to request this from the board?" and give two boxes: "Yes" and "No".

Edited by BeeInExile

At the point at which you ask the question of whether you want to build the stadium, you should also have access right there of the financial summary.

Give users the information they need to make informed decisions at that point.

Because when faced with this question, most people will say to themselves, 'i don't know, how will building it affect our finances?', and that information should be right there.