[Suggestion] Aggregate attribute columns / custom calculated columns

tbyrn21

Basically I suggest that we should be able to have a column that we can use on the tactics screen / players screen / etc which allows the user to see an average of a category of attribute (ie, all the physical attributes).

Further to this, potentially allow us to have a column which aggregates the attributes for the position selected / position being trained in.

I guess at the end of the day i'd love a drop down that allows me to calculate figures and display it in game for me so that I can eyeball it easier. 

I dont expect it would be easy but it would save a lot of time for people like me who sometimes take breaks between sessions and can't remember who was good where, without relying on looking at all the players individually or relying on the star system.

As a hint: you can do this by yourelf in Excel.

It is a lot of work though.

I have made myself a template for each position. For each position the attributes are weighted differnently...not just simple addition.
For example the attribute marking apparently is less relevant for a striker than it is for a defender, but not completely irrelevant.

But I agree...it would be nice if this could be done ingame without the help of external tools.

Edited by Lindmann

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

What would be the main advantage be in your eyes when it comes to seeing attributes averaged out? Whether that be the categories like physical or some position/role relevant? 

The star system does provide that at a glance estimation already so understanding your side and views a bit better in turn helps reflect this more accurately. 

This might be controversal but SI could get rid of the star system entriely, if you asked me.

I am more on the realistic/simulation side of FM and in reality there is no star system. I like to rate players according to their attributes an their preferred moves. But the downside is, that this makes it harder to get a quick opinion on a player. The ability to calculate your own assesment-score (which could be plain average or maybe something more sophisticated) would help the manager to assess a player easily without relying on a too-simple and unrealistic star system.

• 2 weeks later...

i think this could be better if instead of averaging out things like physical attributes, it could have attributes related to specific thing.  Eg (note i could be missing things but it is just an example) ability to pass for a playmaker: passing, vision, technique. Defensive heading: jumping reach, strength, positioning, heading.  Yes, the information is there but something like this could be useful.