Matches across groups (AxB, CxD)

LeoFreire98

I have a competition that have 10 groups of 5 teams, i want the teams to play only against the other groups teams(AxB, CxD, ExF, etc). This would result in a 10 matches at the group stage, right? But the game says they need 14 dates, look how i set:

Number of groups + Fixture plans

image.thumb.png.b6b7188f9d321b56e5f62b2f803cde39.png

League settings: 

image.thumb.png.6cedebd8b8f0baf15e799ec78d7dcb31.png

Dates:

image.thumb.png.f299a87eeea07ce3a81edf7f1155b209.png

Fixture dates:

image.thumb.png.f299a87eeea07ce3a81edf7f1155b209.png

I am missing something? 

image.png

Edited by LeoFreire98

On 26/09/2022 at 23:22, LeoFreire98 said:

I have a competition that have 10 groups of 5 teams, i want the teams to play only against the other groups teams(AxB, CxD, ExF, etc). This would result in a 10 matches at the group stage, right? But the game says they need 14 dates, look how i set:

I am missing something? 

How does it look in the game itself or did you never manage to verify?

14 games implies that the game thinks every team should play its own group once. Is that happening or not?

16 horas atrás, Fredrik disse:

How does it look in the game itself or did you never manage to verify?

14 games implies that the game thinks every team should play its own group once. Is that happening or not?

i dont think they play in their own group, i think the problem is: since the group have a odd number of teams (5), they need to let one team have a bye for fixture, but they dont consider that the other group have +5 teams and this bye wont be necessary 

1 hour ago, LeoFreire98 said:

i dont think they play in their own group, i think the problem is: since the group have a odd number of teams (5), they need to let one team have a bye for fixture, but they dont consider that the other group have +5 teams and this bye wont be necessary 

Could you try adding 5 in the empty columns in your first screenshot. I've done like below for my Dominican First division. Two groups with a couple of extra games with the other group:

image.thumb.png.c9209928cedf778e2651eeeb18a4f4e8.png

This creates a 18-game schedule.