What happened to player search? (FM23 beta)

Maybe I'm just not understanding how the new scouting section works - but can we now only search for players we have scouted? I used to like being able to add a position and different conditions and then search through the database? Is it not possible to do this anymore? It seems you can only select 'players in range' or 'scouted players'? I don't really understand it. Can anyone help? Thanks. 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I've not yet loaded up FM23 but I do wonder what this means in terms of LLM guidelines for those of us that play that way?

It means that player search is okay, and if you were a zealot it means it was always OK. 

Player search never did show you everything - it was always and is a reflection of the players you have some knowledge of. 

Some players in the search won't be scouted, but you'd know about them simply because pretending somebody doesn't exist until you're handed a report is not realistic. 

Most clubs now operate using some kind of scouting package software or utility to help them find players.

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

It means that player search is okay, and if you were a zealot it means it was always OK. 

Player search never did show you everything - it was always and is a reflection of the players you have some knowledge of. 

Some players in the search won't be scouted, but you'd know about them simply because pretending somebody doesn't exist until you're handed a report is not realistic. 

Most clubs now operate using some kind of scouting package software or utility to help them find players.

One thing not touched upon here which I think is a huge change to how people will tackle LLM is that scouting package = scouting range. 

It used to be that even a lower league side in the national league N/S could scout anywhere in the UK if they so wished (some might just be England but still, it’s a whole country). However you could rarely afford the scouting package for the UK. 

Now most LLM teams will have to only get by with scouting within their division or perhaps 1 division +/-. No more scouting U21 matches, no more scouting Scotland/NI for talent unless you want to pay a fee per assignment.