Playing tired players

I had a positive first half of the season and was 7 points clear in the league. I am playing as Liverpool so I’d expect to be doing well.

But with fixture congestion I had a lot of slightly tired players so rotated a lot more and as a result I’ve lost 1 and drawn 3 of my last 5 league games (1 win) which has seen a 9 point swing from Man City and now I’m 2 points behind.

I’m just not sure what the ‘best’ approach is, is it better to continue to play tired players because you still have a better chance of picking up more points.

Or do you just have to accept when competing in Champs league, Carabo cup, Fa cup that you’ll have spells in the season dropping points through resting players?!?

Man City/Haaland are fairly relentless so I guess beating them to the title is a challenge anyway.

31 minutes ago, JD23 said:

I had a positive first half of the season and was 7 points clear in the league. I am playing as Liverpool so I’d expect to be doing well.

But with fixture congestion I had a lot of slightly tired players so rotated a lot more and as a result I’ve lost 1 and drawn 3 of my last 5 league games (1 win) which has seen a 9 point swing from Man City and now I’m 2 points behind.

I’m just not sure what the ‘best’ approach is, is it better to continue to play tired players because you still have a better chance of picking up more points.

Or do you just have to accept when competing in Champs league, Carabo cup, Fa cup that you’ll have spells in the season dropping points through resting players?!?

Man City/Haaland are fairly relentless so I guess beating them to the title is a challenge anyway.

If you play tired players you risk injuring them so it might create a bigger problem if a few of your key players are injured.

I rotate and I'll plan beforehand which matches will need my first 11 and which ones I can rotate a little. If there are a lot of important fixtures to play and I want as many of my first 11 to play, I rest them from training for the week or two, so that they can recover for the matches.

Thanks for the replies..

it worked out in the end.. Ederson got injured for the run-in and City dropped a number of points.

Premier league, Champs league and Carabao Cup winner. Just need the FA cup next season, knocked out in the semis to Southampton with Fulham waiting in the final - should of won the quad 🙈