Creating a 1,000 year save

I was inspired by Lollujo to do more than  a 100,200 etc save I was thinking a 1,000 year save (I know it's been done to death but I've personally gone within 50 year save but would I need to use my newest pc for it to actually work? my laptop can work but it's dog**** not as good as my pc carries much more processor than this tiny thing (btw I'm typing this on my laptop as we speak)

17 minutes ago, thefmveteran86 said:

I was inspired by Lollujo to do more than  a 100,200 etc save I was thinking a 1,000 year save (I know it's been done to death but I've personally gone within 50 year save but would I need to use my newest pc for it to actually work? my laptop can work but it's dog**** not as good as my pc carries much more processor than this tiny thing (btw I'm typing this on my laptop as we speak)

Lollujo is raking in the lolly and can afford a top-of-the-range rig. Even then, he's not loaded up that many nations. If you're going for 100 years with enough nations to make it credible, you'd better have a computer that can send you to Mars.

3 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Lollujo is raking in the lolly and can afford a top-of-the-range rig. Even then, he's not loaded up that many nations. If you're going for 100 years with enough nations to make it credible, you'd better have a computer that can send you to Mars.

How much is his? mine was around £1,100 

1 minute ago, thefmveteran86 said:

No idea, I'm guessing from hints he's made.

Anyway, you might as well set up your plan and see for yourself how quickly/slowly it processes. I'm just saying don't set your expectations high.

Edited by phnompenhandy

I've never seen the point in this really.  50 years, 100 years, 1000 years...the only reason FM's simulation remains interesting is with you inserted into it and having a stake.  I've always struggled to see the interest in how, say, Yeovil Town have won 100 Premier Leagues in a row in 2672.

Anyway, the tech stuff will be the bottleneck.  If you're wanting to do something that simulates a lot of leagues, it's going to perform pretty badly, and it will take you an incredible amount of time to actually get far into the future.

vor 1 Minute schrieb forameuss:

Anyway, the tech stuff will be the bottleneck.  If you're wanting to do something that simulates a lot of leagues, it's going to perform pretty badly, and it will take you an incredible amount of time to actually get far into the future.

This.

@thefmveteran86 If you really load let's say 250 playable leagues worldwide (custom db's included) after 20+ years it will take 24 hours for 1 year simulation. (With a high-end CPU) Of course you can "only" load 50 leagues in 30 Nations or so but if you don't have a high-end CPU it will still take 24 hours for 1 year at some point. Respect if you simulate that constantly until FM28 comes out ;)

The likelihood is that any youtubers running this have likely put the smallest league as playable e.g Wales and thave made a load of others view-only so its basically the simple match engine being used so the results aren't that credible really imo.

In order to accurately simulate the entire football world in FM the benchmarking thread shows us that a week on holiday takes 15 mins with all leagues loaded in full on a high spec R9 5950X or i9-12900k.

So rough fag paper maths gives us 54 days to simulate 100 seasons.  Although to be honest the simulation only gets slower the further along you go.

So to simulate 1000 seasons its 540 days.  Nearly time for FM 25.  And i'm guessing the save file or your computer or both would implode by then :D

Edit - Dave (above) beat me to it :D 

His figures are probably closer to the truth though.  It would just get slower and slower.

Edited by Brother Ben

I've been doing a bunch of simulations in the beta to see how things go. The one with the most leagues loaded only has 19 leagues and it took 23 hours to get to July 2034. That's only 12 years. Considering the file size is just going to keep getting bigger things should slow down as it continues too.

For contrast, my fastest sim with only 1 league got to 2111, so 89 years, in 19 hours. That's a pretty massive difference.

This was on my old computer with an i7-4790, so a little old but still decent. If you want to do 1000 years with a bunch of leagues loaded then even with a fantastic computer it's going to take you a LONG time! 1000 years with just 1 league should be doable though, maybe a couple weeks at most.

Don't forget you run the risk of the save file going wrong once it gets too big too!

Edited by rusty217

2 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

The likelihood is that any youtubers running this have likely put the smallest league as playable e.g Wales and thave made a load of others view-only so its basically the simple match engine being used so the results aren't that credible really imo.

To add to that, view only leagues don't load any more players/managers than non-viewable leagues do. They don't generate any more newgens than non-viewables either. So it's really not credible when they're also playing with mostly greyed out players.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Brother Ben:

This. In WTS's video some comments say that Bulgaria seems so overpowered...well it was the only "smaller" Nation which was playable. So this was obvious and no surpize at all. Playable leagues will always have a benefit over non-loaded leagues/Nations. But hey, at least it shows that the dynamic youth rating seems to work fine (as it already did in FM22 ;) 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb DP:

Is anyone doing simulations with full detail? Can you see how the top teams winning the leagues perform after many seasons? Are there any unbeaten AI seasons, for example?

Not yet, only all leagues loaded without full detail. What I can say so far (2032) is that there is (at least in this save) a decent rotation of winners in CL or in some top leagues. It looks definetly better as in FM22.

3 hours ago, thefmveteran86 said:

It wont be the cost thats important it will be the spec. One costing £1100 is relatively cheap to be honest and I doubt is even close to best spec PC

Edited by MrPompey

vor 1 Minute schrieb MrPompey:

It wont be the cost thats important it will be the spec. One costing £1100 is relatively cheap to be honest and I doubt is even close to best spec PC

£1100 sounds pretty solid to me - if this refers to the CPU only:lol:

40 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

This. In WTS's video some comments say that Bulgaria seems so overpowered...well it was the only "smaller" Nation which was playable. So this was obvious and no surpize at all. Playable leagues will always have a benefit over non-loaded leagues/Nations. But hey, at least it shows that the dynamic youth rating seems to work fine (as it already did in FM22 ;) 

The same was true in FM22, right? I remember Bulgaria consistently winning international competitions and the league becoming one of the top 10 in Europe. Definitely noticed it happening in FM23 so far too.

54 minutes ago, Steve1977beyond said:

No wonder the results in these videos are off.

Does give a false impression of the game tbh

Yeah I mean in fairness it is hard to do it perfectly just because of the computing overhead and time constraints but it would be good if they did a typical setup maybe or at the very least 2 tiers of 10 countries on full detail.

Plus of course these videos are entertainment really.

One thing I did find compelling though was TomFM's video where some really lowly teams had done well which is strange with a league system not done in full detail.  From what I've heard the quick match engine uses reputation quite heavily so this seems different this year

Edited by Brother Ben

Gerade eben schrieb Brother Ben:

Yeah I mean in fairness it is hard to do it perfectly just because of the computing overhead and time constraints but it would be good if they did a typical setup maybe or at the very least 2 tiers of 10 countries on full detail.

Plus of course these videos are entertainment really.

One thing I did find compelling though was TomFM's video where some really lowly teams had done well which is strange with a league system not done in full detail as from what I've heard the quick match engine uses reputation quite heavily

I highly guess that those strange results were like that because of the development bug. They shouldn't be that extreme anymore now

vor 52 Minuten schrieb rusty217:

The same was true in FM22, right? I remember Bulgaria consistently winning international competitions and the league becoming one of the top 10 in Europe. Definitely noticed it happening in FM23 so far too.

Well as I said, it depends on the setup. But yeah, Bulgaria in general is close of being OP by default

Gerade eben schrieb littledragon84:

Hey mate,

Look forward to your update when the game is released, is yourself that creates the leagues that are not in the game as well?

Thank you :)  Nope, leagues in general (I only do some league fixes) are done by @DaveTheEditor.

I do (almost) everything else ;)

Just now, Daveincid said:

Thank you :)  Nope, leagues in general (I only do some league fixes) are done by @DaveTheEditor.

I do (almost) everything else ;)

Haha wrong Dave, yeah well that's true you more or less do everything. I'll keep a close eye on your Youtube channel for any developments👍 

If @DaveTheEditor reads this then thanks for creating additional leagues much appreciated, hopefully you'll do the same for this year's game.

I have not tried any holidaying on FM23, but in recent versions, the slowdown from the initial speed is very fast.  I used to think that I or somebody else would easily break my record by now, but that has proven to be rather difficult.

Also, with lots of leagues loaded, one bug in one of them can derail the entire file.  Unless you are trying to get ahead of other people for content creation, I would wait until at least the official release to start a long-term holiday save.