[FM23] & [FM24] Ernst Happel Challenge - If at First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try Again

SixPointer

I’ve decided that having limited game time I’m going to finish the season and then write up! I should have the season done by tomorrow evening. Then I plan two large updates to round it up the season. Try keep us moving along best I can. 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

Sorry for the lack of graphic and the basic update trying my best with limited time to get this season updated, i do plan on going back to more depth in the future. 

No worries. We all get busy and have limited time.

Cracking results, and a nice concise write up.  Might be lighter than what we're used to, but still plenty of depth.  It's a shame that Union Berlin doesn't fit the criteria, especially considering their current spell in the limelight IRL.

7 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Like it! You're doing well and, even though it's not as in depth as you usually do, it means we are more likely to get chance to see a full-blown tactical post in the near future!

Suppose that could well be the silver linning, ill promise to do such a post as soon as time is on my side!

7 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

No worries. We all get busy and have limited time.

very true, try my best to up the ante just a little, yesterday was very rushed. i put together that update in just over an hour :eek:

5 hours ago, 13th Man said:

This challenge is a process so it makes sense to post less and in broader strokes.

Good form overall even if the RB side got one over you.

Very true, i need to work on making a proper template that i can use from now on, again something on my to do list in the future. I takes time cutting down lots of screen shots and footage but ill get there! GIMN's style is inspiring so ill no doubt look towards him!

5 hours ago, GIMN said:

Cracking results, and a nice concise write up.  Might be lighter than what we're used to, but still plenty of depth.  It's a shame that Union Berlin doesn't fit the criteria, especially considering their current spell in the limelight IRL.

Thanks my man! yeah Union would be a dream move. I visited back in december 2018, home match agaisnt Vfl Bochum and it blew me away. Great stadium in a forest, buzzing atsmophere and beers at the game. My wife doesnt mind football and from that trip onwards anywhere we go we try to take in a game, thats how good the expierence was she has allowed me to make this a rule hahah

1 hour ago, SixPointer said:

again am sorry about the updates, we have played some great football and there could have been so much more depth but its the nature of the beast at the miniute i promise ill make up for it!

Damnit man, stop apologising!!!

Some fantastic results to round out the season - averaging 3 goals a game in the Championship group (excluding the Salzburg games).  It seems like you've had some better performances against Salzburg this season, but worse results.

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

Damnit man, stop apologising!!!

Some fantastic results to round out the season - averaging 3 goals a game in the Championship group (excluding the Salzburg games).  It seems like you've had some better performances against Salzburg this season, but worse results.

Yeah i feel performed better and am starting to work out ways in to try find weaknesses in what’s a perfect team at our level. We of course have the cup final and end of season round up. But I think it will be Tuesday before I can make a real dent in writing that. 

4 hours ago, SixPointer said:

again am sorry about the updates, we have played some great football and there could have been so much more depth but its the nature of the beast at the miniute i promise ill make up for it!

at least you didn't give up on updating like me.  (Both the Gengen Press Journeyman and the Fergie Challenge)

But I had crashes in both (stopped working after a certain date) .....I think it is because I use the "real insignia update from last year.

You are doing a wonderful job and doing your best which is all we can ask for.

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

at least you didn't give up on updating like me.  (Both the Gengen Press Journeyman and the Fergie Challenge)

But I had crashes in both (stopped working after a certain date) .....I think it is because I use the "real insignia update from last year.

You are doing a wonderful job and doing your best which is all we can ask for.

Thanks dude. Hopefully I can round the season off with a more detailed post!

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

Loving the new visual recap style! :) 

You cannot not hate RB - same in Salzburg as in Leipzig ...

Im working with GIMN to try and deliver some more info in the future. While the short sharp ones help with speed it does dilute the story.

I still can’t believe the Bundesliga allowed Red bull in!

Things looking good overall!  I think the abbreviated posts make sense considering the challenge is a longer one - you'll need 10+ seasons!

Hate the Red Bullsh!t business, and Athletico Madrid is a fair, hard fought loss, but otherwise looking excellent.

10 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Things looking good overall!  I think the abbreviated posts make sense considering the challenge is a longer one - you'll need 10+ seasons!

Hate the Red Bullsh!t business, and Athletico Madrid is a fair, hard fought loss, but otherwise looking excellent.

I’m really beginning to have a deep rooted hate for RB Salzburg and the whole red bull thing to be honest. I’ve always disliked it even before the save but now I’m feeling first hand what it feels like for Austrian clubs!

4 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

I’m really beginning to have a deep rooted hate for RB Salzburg and the whole red bull thing to be honest. I’ve always disliked it even before the save but now I’m feeling first hand what it feels like for Austrian clubs!

Others differ, but the drink itself is also just foul.

In the Bundesliga and the MLS, at least the RB teams have competition.  In Austria it seems just unfair.  Will be that much sweeten if (when) you topple them from their perch!

1 hour ago, 13th Man said:

Others differ, but the drink itself is also just foul.

In the Bundesliga and the MLS, at least the RB teams have competition.  In Austria it seems just unfair.  Will be that much sweeten if (when) you topple them from their perch!

The sad thing is, with the way the challenge is structured I may need to put my hatred aside as I may need to manage them in the not so distant future 🤢

12 hours ago, SixPointer said:

The sad thing is, with the way the challenge is structured I may need to put my hatred aside as I may need to manage them in the not so distant future 🤢

Ouch, true. Thinking the same way for my “Born to Run” save as the RB clubs are a few that have given chances to American coaches…

4c2413279d1eb09244f113bd18a59cbf.png

The 2024/25 OFB - Cup final is here! The finalists are the same as the 23/24, 21/22, 11/12 and the 10/11 finals, Salzburg have won three of the previous four finals. Both teams come into it in excellent form with SV Ried’s only defeat in recent times coming at the hands of RB, who are on a 18 game winning run.

5a340bd1bd43d44839c928b9b1563a41.jpg

Gauging the strength of the Salzburg side and the things they do well isn’t really a problem as they are so fam good, finding flaws and areas to exploit on the other hand is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Traore has been a real thorn in our side since his arrival, his pace is lethal and his partnership with Souza is solid. This will be the first task, using a combination of our overloaded left side and perhaps asking the TM to man mark Souza to cut off that threat.

Neglect the other side at your pearl, but they do struggle to make inroads that way and it’s safe to say Wober is the more defensive minded. Despodov and Kameri need to be man marked as will Fernando but I think they key takeaway from our last game was getting in the faces of the defensive line and pivots, forcing them to rush passes into a tight marked forward line. Capoldo gives the ball away more than anyone else so hopefully we can force him into turnovers.

Training has been slightly adjusted for the week leading up to the final, three set play sessions added with one being penalties just in case.

72578cd943be9ee79f4678ad364581a4.png

Setup in our most used formation, with the emphasis of overloading play on the left-hand side. WCB, WB, RPM and TM (stay wider) all on support duties with the RPM being the ball magnet and the focus of play down the left should draw RB over to that side. Thus blunting their explosive right side and making Traore doing something he doesn’t really like, Defend!

The right hand side is our explosive side, Ilenic is asked to hit the by-line, Diop should join him in the half space along with the AF. They should combine to stretch the play on the far side from the overload which should either create gaps in the RB backline or leave 1v1's & 2v1's in our favour.

I few teams’ instruction changes to note. I’ve asked us to be more direct and hit early crosses, RB will likely dominate the ball or certainly will try to more than other teams in Austria do against us, therefore a revert to our early tactical thinking we will look to transition quicker than we have done this season.

Out of possession is where I felt I’ve learnt the most in recent times, standoff them and the punish stay balanced they find away, so now it’s about all-out assault on the backline, hopefully forcing them into mistakes and long balls. Get stuck in, high press added, these complement our opposition instructions which are nothing fancy, players onto weaker foot, mark the attack press and tackle the backline and pivots.

9d80c5bbda491a8eb9f59b3faa9ee431.jpg

The cup belongs to SV Ried for only the third time in their history, Franz Schiemer and his men are hailed heroes in the small town in the alpine foothills in upper Austria. Very fitting that it’s one of their own who played in the academy who has led them to it, and in doing so he shows RB Salzburg that he was ready to step out from the shadows of being backroom team as he was at their club.

60d826d51f14af8e4826032577aa6703.png

RB dominated the early parts in what was a tepid affair, we managed to frustrate them and limit their ability to create in clear cut chances. The second half of the game it sprung into life, slightly. we started to show some promising moments.

However the game went to extra time, the early goal instantly from the start of extra time sent us on our way and we bounced back from some pressure then controlled the second half keeping the ball.

d2e99647ed9e2ddee07f6eb53625bf85.png

Our build up shape was pitch perfect, the left-hand side formed a perfect rectangle shape to help us drawn RB in, with Kulenovic drifting wide. The right hand side formed a lovely diamond shape, as did the back three and pivots, our positional play was exceptional.

As for RB the plan to limit the right hand side worked, while they combined in deep areas its clear to see the channel was blocked off and the failed to advance down that side, the left side the pushed forward naturally and Despodov did find space but they failed to make it count.

9f085f4fdf82840e263cf91e171d82ef.gif

The goal to seal the trophy typified our attacking plays all season, combination play to the release someone in behind, Ballo had missed three or four good chances, but he buried the most important one.

c0e2b8d26657054c66a3c0d5c6525364.png

Winning the cup now unlocks the next stage of the challenge, take a ream with a higher rep and win the title, now with the cup win and finishing 2nd and our European exploits we rank second. That leaves only RB Salzburg as the next step, my deep resent for them is making me consider a skipping this step.

SK Rapid and Austria Wien are big clubs historically and Strum Graz before my appointment would still be classed bigger, but now even from a financial stand point we are far more well suited for a title charge. SK Rapid do have the biggest fan base but I feel jumping ship to them is a step backwards but they are perhaps the only team I would consider. Tirol have money but it’s a big project and the league is becoming a little mundane already as its small.

Much to ponder.......... I will try round up the number of the season in another post but as you can see am still on limited time as this took me three seperate days to put together.

3 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Goals in the last minutes of a game are so wonderful (if you are in the correct side:D).Congratulations man! You deserved this.:applause:

Thanks man. It’s was the first minute of extra time :cool:

I know the Title Challenge of the challenge wants you to move clubs, but I think you might get more satisfaction if you knocked RB Salzburg off their perch with your current club.

Another way to possibly do it is move to Germany and try and knockoff Bayern Munich.  

Congrats on the Cup Win:applause:

20 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I know the Title Challenge of the challenge wants you to move clubs, but I think you might get more satisfaction if you knocked RB Salzburg off their perch with your current club.

Another way to possibly do it is move to Germany and try and knockoff Bayern Munich.  

Congrats on the Cup Win:applause:

If am to follow the hard rules of the challenge I should be aiming to secure a move to RB. But I feel it’s a tick the box plus I don’t think the manager is going anywhere. Although they have had a few changes as bigger teams steal the coach.

I think Rapid may provide me with a move in terms of they are still the most supported and successful team historically before the RB days. But I think I have a better squad.

In all honesty if the right job comes up elsewhere I may move and miss the league title. As the league is small I feel like am playing the same teams over and over and only one team is destroying everyone. 

11 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Yesss! Congratulations to the cup win! And to defeating the RB scum. Another Nice result after yesterdays City win :) 

Thanks man! Well city I suppose are super rich as well, but then that’s football these days. They rich have the working class game. Sad as it is 

I think the box-ticky move to RB can be skipped. The spirit of the challenge remains and you can hit on other points later in the challenge. Doesn’t sound like the manager is leaving anytime soon either so it’d be boring and annoying to have to wait for that.

Congrats on the cup win! Has to feel good after many setbacks against Digusting Drink Salzburg. The tactical plan was excellent and what a beauty of a goal to win it.

3 hours ago, 13th Man said:

I think the box-ticky move to RB can be skipped. The spirit of the challenge remains and you can hit on other points later in the challenge. Doesn’t sound like the manager is leaving anytime soon either so it’d be boring and annoying to have to wait for that.

Congrats on the cup win! Has to feel good after many setbacks against Digusting Drink Salzburg. The tactical plan was excellent and what a beauty of a goal to win it.

Thanks bud! Yeah we finally hit them when it mattered most! We’ve had some good results previous season but we couldn’t beat them this year even with a marked improvement in performances.

My thinking is this in terms of job. If the right job elsewhere comes up am offski, until then I’ll battle on with SV Ried and try to topple the Salzburg Crown.

I can’t see me toppling it this year and I’m actually now feeling rather bored with the league I also expect to lose a few key players in the summer so that may bring more excitement. 

23 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I also expect to lose a few key players in the summer so that may bring more excitement. 

Ha! Love it. Think you have the right attitude though. Also remember that the Eredivise didn’t/doesn’t have a club like Racid Barf Salzburg that can just completely dominate so I think the Challenge can make an exception for this case.

6 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Ha! Love it. Think you have the right attitude though. Also remember that the Eredivise didn’t/doesn’t have a club like Racid Barf Salzburg that can just completely dominate so I think the Challenge can make an exception for this case.

Time shall tell my friend 

Header.thumb.webp.d46d613878bb0828c10a616acf069e4c.webp

A Brief Round Up

29a8f104a8e7108c30f7be43d48452d8.png

In the end we finish ten points clear of SK Rapid but 12 adrift of Salzburg. It’s safe to say at this current time we are the second-best team in Austria but the gulf in class is clear to see. All be it we did bring home the cup.

Six losses more than the Red Bull, scored just as much but conceded far more. The save comes to a plateau of sorts, I find myself bored with the league and not much appetite for the RB job which I don’t see becoming available any how’s.

5d3273cd6f61ee0b29172a2f45bc57a6.png

Phenomenal season from our talismanic Croatian centre forward. Breaking records again and bursting the net in twenty five times in twenty nine games, throw in his assets and he had over one direct goal involvement per 90.
Thankfully, he signed a new deal so I think he will stay around unless a mega bid is made. At one million pound he’s become one of my most complete forwards ever probably since I had big Erling for Aalesund FK, he turned out alright eh....

715b4cc3813c146ba51d4880729755b0.png

Progressive passes improved massively, perhaps now teams sit off us now it makes breaking the lines a bigger priority. Five players in the top thirteen, two from our more prominent left hand side overload in the top five. Something I had outlined at the start of the save as a key metric so nice to finally see some returns.

98ec0e07249fac77fb78418f2bbce876.png

Key passes was another vital stats I highlighted, and while progression seems more likely on the left due to the nature of our most used tactical shape, the attacking right side or underload if you like provides the most open play key passes per 90. Taking advantage of those 1v1 and 2v1 situations on the right.

1d21ef7b501ca88f72ad1e2cff0f7d7b.png

Reasonable rise in the rankings as we now break into the top 100 clubs on the continent, not bad for a team from a small town in the alpine foothills who expect to battle relegation most years.

8d2554a9b5b038d81cc2e02773da07a6.png

A big part of the our quick turn of success is down to very smart recruitment. Ballo is a fine example brought in on a free from Wolfsberger and struck up a superb partnership with Kulenovic, 15 league goals and 25 in all competitions isn’t bad for someone who was first viewed as a AMC but he nailed the AF role and realised his potential. I think given his fee and Traore being 30m i think Ballo is unlucky to be named runner up.

Pete Michorl doesn’t get a mention but another free from our league from our rivals LASK, he notched 17 assists, while Markovic arrived as replacement for Pfeiffer (who was tremendous business in his own right) gets a mention for his 7.13 average rating, he became the middle CB.

59df6c75325317f55d720c8eb5b5dad0.png

A better intake this year, with some really promising players. 

Rausch rated number one looks exciting and could well become a flying attacking wing back for us.

Jure Cetina who doesn’t even get a mention is second on my personal list, looks capable in the holding role.

Number one for me is Benjamin Schröter, the centre back has some crucial attributes already and has a superb personality he looks the pick of the bunch.

Big Summer lies ahead, which i have played, now the 12 hours stop am going to try speed write to get us up to date. Sorry if it feels a little rushed!

12 points might feel like a lot, but it's certainly not insurmountable - turn 2 of your defeats to them into victories and you'd be level.  Of course easier said than done!!

I really like the look of Cetina.  Great decision making for such a young age!

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

12 points might feel like a lot, but it's certainly not insurmountable - turn 2 of your defeats to them into victories and you'd be level.  Of course easier said than done!!

I really like the look of Cetina.  Great decision making for such a young age!

Have to keep the faith!

Yeah three players all potential talents, problem i have is, my HOYD is one of the board of directors so i cant move him on or upgrade. 

Header.thumb.webp.159582e72cc83c02c608ceeb88f55979.webp

The Summer of 25

29a2c64725efc9684bcdfc5d7ca7465b.png

Another profitable transfer window, not quite the 9 million euros turnover as last year but still a healthy 5.5 million in the green. As expected a few key players and along with the likes of Jamie Lawrence loan deal, meant we had to dip our toes into the market.

cfde0f9c82b32664f60d1a232aa97b4d.png

Bayer activated the 7 million release clause in Ballo's contract he now joins the club he started his academy days in, sad to see him go but a realistic deal, pure profit as well. Diop had a standout first full season for us, Southampton took note of our young Senegalese sensations, 100k turned into a potential 7.5 million is sublime from an our recruitment model, we did have so pay Generation foot 1.7m for sell on, again gives it a more realistic feel.

Svit Sešlar is about the weirdest deal of the summer, signed in January for 2.3 million. He showed promise and some flashes of outstanding quality and looked a natural successor to Michorl, however he became unhappy because I never stuck to my promise of play him as AMC even though he played as an attacking Mezzala. So he was sold for 700k profit, no one is bigger than the club!

Scholler 700k of profit, he had a slot but it was a good deal, Feiertag has a slightly less impressive season and was time for an upgrade 1 million in profit also. Dauti was tipped to be a star, but his unambitious personality makes me wary and with WSG Tirol throwing around there cash ill happily take the 1 million and 30% add on. Bacher a modest 250k he done what he came to do.

Incoming

I’m going to zone into four players, mainly due to time restrictions but also because they are the largest outlays and the players replacing key players.

175ecbcab0e4ac3220193048259f63da.png

First in the door Maro Katinic, as we shop back in Croatia yet again. This time we paid premium though and right so, when you consider how successful the nation has become. This is the first time I have ever went to the board for a player and it was accepted. The deal was done long before end of the season. The strange thing is I tried it with Jamie Laurence’s 3 million option to buy and they knocked me back.

Maro looks like the perfect WCB, his pace and dribbling coupled with the Player trait of knocks ball past opponent makes him like a hybrid full back. He has supreme mentals also and solid enough technical, DNA sits at 81, with no alarming signs from the scouts.

384f56e578728336b31f20f415d7f311.jpg

Abdallah Sima arrives from Brighton on a free transfer, another familiar shopping ground as the Senegalese front man who had a torrid time on the south coast of England. He never got much of a chance I’m hoping he can reignite his form from Slavia Prague days.

He comes here as replacement for the outgoing Ballo, and much like him he is describe as a midfielder than a striker, but with his lack of passing and crossing I think he’s more suited to a striker role. Infect at 6'2 and jumping and heading attributes +15 he could easily play as the target man as well, therefore he suits us down to the ground other than his poor determination.

b1d1c2f0b653df80d0aaa11e7775fe70.jpg

Another former Bayer Leverkusen academy and former Bayern Munich player joins our ranks, 2.8 million euros was enough to let Antwerp part with a player with 8 league goals and 7 assist in 40 league games. Diop money spent very wisely if you ask me.

Superb pace, dribbling  and I love his traits, looks tailor made for the attacking Mezzala role, driving us forward from the number eight slot. The scouts highlighted his distanced covered, and he willingness to pressure the opponent again something I value very highly in our system.

1a6f622c31fdae7fe9cf7062fe1eb6b4.jpg

3.6 million seems a little hefty when you consider he only hit 11 league goals last season, but his 20 goals across all competitions and outscoring his non pen XG makes him a smart domestic signing. He always had good games against us.

The scouts do have some concerns, but I feel he’s worth the risk especially with needing to make European football squad requirements. I’m drawn to his speed, dribbling, off the ball, technique, composure, and the trait likes to break offside trap, I think he could prove lethal on the shoulder with our style of play. Certainly, someone I’m looking to get more out of and help him realise his early promise after 17 under 21 caps.

This is the bulk of the business, others ill update as we catch up with the save.

You’re in an interesting spot here. Doing as well as could be expected when you’re fighting against financial might you can’t match, and it’s hard to see the next step.

Still, brilliant work in the transfer market - which is necessary if you want to take a run at Rancid Barf (🤮) Salzburg.  That WCB looks perfect as you say.

Are you thinking you’ll give it another go? Or will you jump at the chance to leave Austria? Or maybe a bit of both - give it a go while hoping for a way out?

Edited by 13th Man

8 hours ago, 13th Man said:

Are you thinking you’ll give it another go? Or will you jump at the chance to leave Austria? Or maybe a bit of both - give it a go while hoping for a way out?

I have played to the end of the transfer window already. There was no real jobs that stuck out, in fact Monaco was the only real step up which is still technically locked if I’m to do the challenge.

As you said it’s going to be a bit of both. I’m going to continue my quest to catch RB but at the same time keep an eye on potential moves. 

Header.thumb.webp.a8d6fc12c4c7215d701f1ba7b57108cc.webp

Pre Season

Preparation for our assault on RB Salzburg crown couldn’t have gone any better.

Two games a week, Tuesdays and Saturdays with the view of rotating between two line ups to ensure everyone is covered. Tuesdays for a second string and Saturday for what I envisage as being my starting 11.

25c3861a8414d6f1ceb0d386963d001c.png

I made sure there was a nice balance between opponents, teams that are around our level in Europe to give us a reasonable test. Even the so called weaker eleven picking up some impressive results and performances to match.

9842ea20a6011f38aa19596affae3e83.png

First up, a huge thank you to @GIMN he has worked his magic yet again and helped me put together some new skin additions to aid with updates. These are sublime for speeding up my writing process but still packing a power of knowledge.

Very fitting that the first game that gets the new treatment is the one defending the OFB Cup.

Ruthless is the word I would use to describe this one, simply no let up for the small side against the current holders, the full strength side allowed a few new faces and a few old ones shine.

Ballo's last game for the club and he leaves with a goal. Sima hit a debut hat trick but I think it’s safe to say he won’t come up against an easier defence all year.

247e2645f165f4ad29725d5fffec5b78.png

The league opener was quite the spectacle as we locked horns with the team most likely to challenge us for the best of the rest title.

Rapid took the lead as some poor defending from Katinic was punished, he stepped out at the wrong time and was skinned a live by Zivkovic. Not a great league debut for the young Croat, however its early days and it will of course take time for him to settle.

Scott and Sima on the other hand look right at home already, both on the score sheet and both showing a real clinical edge. The star of the show was a friendly face, Sandro Kulenovic made two goals and his ability to drop deep into the overload then pick a telling pass was a real problem for the SK Rapid backline.

Really productive and profitable summer - loving the way you recruit, as always. Enjoying the more concise posts, too. I think it’s telling that you appear to be more engaged as you’re able to update more! Best of luck for the season ahead. 

16 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Just caught up on this, good to see you still plugging away (and winning a trophy). I was a big admirer of Sima before he joined Brighton, hopefully he can fulfil that promise IRL but in particular for you at SV Ried. Keep up the good work.

Thanks dude. Sima looks like a very smart acquisition.

14 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Really productive and profitable summer - loving the way you recruit, as always. Enjoying the more concise posts, too. I think it’s telling that you appear to be more engaged as you’re able to update more! Best of luck for the season ahead. 

Cheers Ben. The biggest shocks were keeping a hold of Ndiaye, Ilenic and of course Kulenovic I was certain I would see them join Ballo and Diop as big departures.

As for the updates there only going to get better once I eventually catch up with the save, just now I’m playing catch up as I played to the end of the window.

Edited by SixPointer

Great start to the season, UCL football secured and unbeaten in the league. I still have one eye on other jobs around Europe but we now sit bigger than a few I would have accepted before. I am now up to date with where I have played to. Now on in there should be very little rushed up dates and with continuing support of @GIMN my updates should remain concise but with enough info to translate my thinking and story to everyone.

I like your pragmatic attitude to Champions Leage Soccer for a team your size. If you do well enough maybe you will end up in the Europa League Knockouts. (If that is still a thing with new format)

RB Salzburg will be a tough team to beat but it can be done.......I have done something similar against PSG in the French League in the past.

I think you are right on focusing on the league and trying to challenge for the title.

12 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

I like your pragmatic attitude to Champions Leage Soccer for a team your size. If you do well enough maybe you will end up in the Europa League Knockouts. (If that is still a thing with new format)

RB Salzburg will be a tough team to beat but it can be done.......I have done something similar against PSG in the French League in the past.

I think you are right on focusing on the league and trying to challenge for the title.

A played three games last night and I think my priority should be champions league now :lol:

26 minutes ago, 13th Man said:

Excellent work getting to the CL!  As @Hootieleecesays, the aim has to be the Europa League.

I see from your quote above though that maybe the league isn't going so 

Two results last night. One was hard to take the other very poor! And you can’t afford that with the red bull machine out in front