Brazil 4 vs 0 Chile
Bolivia 0 vs 4 Brazil

Edited by PMLF

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedro fully deserves to be in the squad, and if he hadn't been called up, chances are a large part of the press and fans would already be turning against Tite.

Shame Gabigol was not called up as well though.

The two biggest mistakes pointed out by press and fans here are Daniel Alves and not calling up Gabigol.

3 minutes ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Who would you have instead of Dani Alves?

I would have called up another centre back and have Éder Militão as the option for the right back if needed.

47 minutes ago, PMLF said:

Pedro fully deserves to be in the squad, and if he hadn't been called up, chances are a large part of the press and fans would already be turning against Tite.

Shame Gabigol was not called up as well though.

The two biggest mistakes pointed out by press and fans here are Daniel Alves and not calling up Gabigol.

And who would you have replaced for Gabigol? The strikers list are already too stacked that I doubt all of them will get minutes anyways.

2 minutes ago, adhikapp said:

And who would you have replaced for Gabigol? The strikers list are already too stacked that I doubt all of them will get minutes anyways.

Probably Martinelli. He is very promising but he only has 3 caps.

39 year old Dani Alves :D

the Reddit thread on this squad announcement is hilarious, so many Brazilians outraged by Alves' inclusion. 

i don't rate Emerson at all but surely he's a better back-up to Danilo than Dani ****in Alves. 

1 minute ago, Rafalution said:

Thought Firmino had a good chance with how he's played this season and how different he is to most of the other Brazilian forwards. 

What's Richarlison's current injury status?

His injury is not serious (Conte himself said that, I think) and he is already recovering apparently.

1930-1958 (28 years)
1962-1970 (8 years)
1970-1994 (24 years)
1994-2002 (8 years)
2002-?

In the past people were bothered about these spells without World Cup titles, nowadays people barely care that much as domestic club football is the main focus.

16 minutes ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

And to think David Neres could also have been called up.   So we have a Brazilian squad without Firmino, Coutinho and David Neres. Depth.

But on the other hand, other than Neymar (when he's up for it) they don't have a single world beater, just a bunch of quality players.

I trust Argentina's front three to deliver way more than Brazil's.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Five players (Neymar, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Martinelli and Everton) are basically competing for the same left wing spot? Seems a bit too much especially with only four central midfielders in the squad...

Wrong Everton - I thought it was Everton Cebolinha :D. Everton Ribeiro is actually a left-footed playmaker who usually plays on the right. Still too many wide attackers and too few midfielders imo.

16 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

But on the other hand, other than Neymar (when he's up for it) they don't have a single world beater, just a bunch of quality players.

I trust Argentina's front three to deliver way more than Brazil's.

Vinicius is surely approaching that level? 

If not already

Edited by Haguey

2 hours ago, Haguey said:

Vinicius is surely approaching that level? 

If not already

2 hours ago, Rafalution said:

yeah he's basically been 1 in 2 for the last 12 months hasn't he? 

Vinicius Jr doesn’t have the same status at the NT as he has at club level or as Neymar does, but arguably he is jdeed really very close to Neymar’s level already.

Pedro (Flamengo) scored a nice goal in training today (Ederson is the goalkeeper). Tite has to find a place for him in the starting lineup.

Edited by PMLF

9 minutes ago, Constantine said:

PMLF, I might be imagining things but I have to ask... You seem to obviously prefer players that are still in Brazil more than those playing abroad. Just my impression. If that's the case, could you tell me why?

Because they are the ones that I follow more closely. It's hard to feel connected to the national team when most players are based abroad. It feels like just another foreign team.

Edited by PMLF

hace 20 horas, PMLF dijo:

Because they are the ones that I follow more closely. It's hard to feel connected to the national team when most players are based abroad. It feels like just another foreign team.

As someone from Argentina who roots for Argentina, I really hope you get your wish and Tite starts all the players from the Brazilian league :D

43 minutes ago, TokyoWanderer said:

As someone from Argentina who roots for Argentina, I really hope you get your wish and Tite starts all the players from the Brazilian league :D

Don’t worry, I think you guys will win this year no matter who we have in our lineup. 

But as long as Brazilian clubs keep winning Libertadores, I don’t mind much if we lose the World Cup.

Edited by PMLF

Brazil's probable lineup against Serbia, according to Globo Esporte:

Alisson, Danilo, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Alex Sandro, Casemiro, Lucas Paquetá, Raphinha, Richarlison, Neymar, Vinicius Júnior

9 hours ago, Constantine said:

I'd trust Vlahovic and Tadic do to well against that defense but that attack is freaking scary...

It will certainly be an interesting game. After the last shocking results, Brazil shouldn’t take a win for granted.

Daniel Alves (39 years old) and Thiago Silva (38 years old) are the oldest Brazilian players to play the World Cup: :thdn:

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/noticia/2022/11/23/com-daniel-alves-e-thiago-silva-lideres-veja-os-5-brasileiros-mais-velhos-na-historia-das-copas.ghtml

Unfortunately too late to remove them from the squad.

Edited by PMLF

7 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Is there really not another better central defender in the whole of Brazil than Thiago Silva (other than Marquinhos)? He has definitely been showing his age at Chelsea.

Ibañez would be the most likely option, but unfortunately Tite trusts Thiago Silva, as he is also the team captain…