Low league - Add players to playable team OR NOT?

drajen

Please help me with this dilemma. I am playing 6 level league pyramid, and when I start from league 6, most of the teams has no players and when I buy some players to my team - I find it pretty easy to climb until League 3 at least.

BUT

When I "add players to playable teams", all those teams now have pretty good newgens with Passing 14 and Technique 12 by age 15, So my own U19 team is strong as my A-team.

What do you prefer in this situation? I wanted newgens, but not the tons of them and all pretty good

2 hours ago, drajen said:

Please help me with this dilemma. I am playing 6 level league pyramid, and when I start from league 6, most of the teams has no players and when I buy some players to my team - I find it pretty easy to climb until League 3 at least.

BUT

When I "add players to playable teams", all those teams now have pretty good newgens with Passing 14 and Technique 12 by age 15, So my own U19 team is strong as my A-team.

What do you prefer in this situation? I wanted newgens, but not the tons of them and all pretty good

Add players to playable teams means they are usually pretty crap. I typically play in lower leagues or in exotic nations and I find that the solution to what I think is your problem is to add more 'real' players before starting. The newgens will all have the same types of skills so it will be completely random who is good or not. 

Real players will be good enough to play for the seniors and help balance everything.

52 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

Add players to playable teams means they are usually pretty crap. I typically play in lower leagues or in exotic nations and I find that the solution to what I think is your problem is to add more 'real' players before starting. The newgens will all have the same types of skills so it will be completely random who is good or not. 

Real players will be good enough to play for the seniors and help balance everything.

What do you mean to add real? My team is ok, all my players are real, eventually, because I sign them. But how can I add real players to opponent teams? Or maybe I didn't understand you

I play maximum data base(all of all countries), like 407.000 players. May be that what you meant.

'

Edited by drajen

54 minutes ago, drajen said:

What do you mean to add real? My team is ok, all my players are real, eventually, because I sign them. But how can I add real players to opponent teams? Or maybe I didn't understand you

I play maximum data base(all of all countries), like 407.000 players. May be that what you meant.

'

I mean that you 'have to' create them in the editor. The players in the game are added by the local researchers but for various reasons not everyone is there. You can add them yourself. 

Having a maximum data base clearly helps but a lot of time even that isn't enough.

If you haven't done this in the editor before I suggest you try it. There's no need to overthink anything. You don't have to get every attribute of players right. In fact I'd argue that it's enough for you to add a CA/PA for your division level and position(including secondary positions) for a player to increase realism. The more the merrier but it also means more work. IMO only a few players per team will do wonders and especially if you set their contract to be valid for at least two seasons(so that they stay with their clubs). 

What's worse? A player with the name of someone who exist IRL but with possibly simplified skills or a computer generated player? 

On 08/11/2022 at 17:32, drajen said:

BUT

I always suggest to add players to playable teams on lower league saves (like 6th tier of Germany/France or 8/9/10 of England). Yes you can sign players for free because there should be a few out there wanting to join but this is the only way to have full squads in each league you've loaded. You can of course create players in pre-game editor but this is way more time consuming.