[FM23.4] Qatar Stars League (& Arab Cup/Gulf Cup/WAFF U23)

22 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Just "eligible" should work as normal for your extra nation ("New Zealand (Realm)" or something), which will be included in your "nations treated as EU" for New Zealand along with everyone else in OFC. Players won't be called up to the new nation if it doesn't have a continent and doesn't play games.

Thanks Will try and maybe keep u posted about. What u have done there with qatar is simply impressing! 

2 hours ago, rmpMarko said:

Thanks Will try and maybe keep u posted about. What u have done there with qatar is simply impressing! 

Thanks! I need to take a slight break from editing for a week or two but you've got me thinking about an NZ database now, I hadn't realized there was an extra slot for OFC players. If you take it on, put the New Zealand "local regions" in your new nation (let's say, "NZ (Realm)"), and add that second nationality to all existing Kiwis, it should work with the EU players rule.

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Thanks! I need to take a slight break from editing for a week or two but you've got me thinking about an NZ database now, I hadn't realized there was an extra slot for OFC players. If you take it on, put the New Zealand "local regions" in your new nation (let's say, "NZ (Realm)"), and add that second nationality to all existing Kiwis, it should work with the EU players rule.

Yes yes thanks i studied yours i know now What to do. Hopefully Will work! This Dual citizenship worry me especially if they have it. 

Updated.

@X0X0 just to confirm, is English wiki right and they can only have 5 foreigners in the match squad? Is there still a limit on the amount of non-Resident players (over and above the foreigner limit)? And still no foreign GKs?

Can you point me to any sources/official QSL documents supporting this stuff? Arabic is fine, if I can run it through translate. All the English regulations I was reviewing were from last season at the latest.

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Updated.

@X0X0 just to confirm, is English wiki right and they can only have 5 foreigners in the match squad? Is there still a limit on the amount of non-Resident players (over and above the foreigner limit)? And still no foreign GKs?

Can you point me to any sources/official QSL documents supporting this stuff? Arabic is fine, if I can run it through translate. All the English regulations I was reviewing were from last season at the latest.

I haven't seen anything to doubt that, but the documents for this season on QSL's website are unhelpful, even when translated.

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Qatar Stars League (& Arab Cup/Gulf Cup/WAFF U23)
  • 1 month later...

Added the 4-team Qatar Cup which was played this year after all.

It's a sort of top four playoff played during the following season (basically another cup for the big-spending teams).

I've cut the U-19 league for now, for full realism, but I have a backup I can return to depending on feedback from you guys. I don't think it was played this year (maybe a break for the World Cup) but I know people enjoy having it - any thoughts? The reserves have stayed intact. Thanks again to @X0X0 for the information.

在 2023/6/8 在 AM6点38分, themodelcitizen说:

Added the 4-team Qatar Cup which was played this year after all.

It's a sort of top four playoff played during the following season (basically another cup for the big-spending teams).

I've cut the U-19 league for now, for full realism, but I have a backup I can return to depending on feedback from you guys. I don't think it was played this year (maybe a break for the World Cup) but I know people enjoy having it - any thoughts? The reserves have stayed intact. Thanks again to @X0X0 for the information.

Hi, It seems something wrong in the latest file as 23/24 season is skipped and do not have any league game in 23/24 and resume in 24/25. Could you update it or send the back up old version for it. Thanks.

Ahh what time of year are you starting? I'll take a look but it will be next week as I'm away from my laptop. Sorry for the issue

Edit: I wonder if the Qatar Cup finishes too late or something. Will play around with it. If anyone has the last version from mediafire (i.e. haven't re-downloaded since this last fix I made, so no Qatar Cup) feel free to upload it somewhere and post it here until I can fix things 

Edited by themodelcitizen

46 分钟前, themodelcitizen说:

Ahh what time of year are you starting? I'll take a look but it will be next week as I'm away from my laptop. Sorry for the issue

Thanks. Starting with Aug 2022 and there is not legaue game in 23/24 year while having QNB Cup, Emir Cup and crown prince cup only.

2 horas atrás, al_hk disse:

Thanks. Starting with Aug 2022 and there is not legaue game in 23/24 year while having QNB Cup, Emir Cup and crown prince cup only.

No problems on my end. I tried a saved with Al-Rayan (and actually got demoted to 2nd division LOL!) and all the schedules updated normally for the 23/24 season including Cups (Qatar 2nd Division). 

My starting date was the default one for the Qatar league with the Original FM 23 DB not the FM 23.4.0 DB( loaded Qatar, China, Australia, South Korea, Brasil, Argentina, Malasya with a custom DB with japanese players from Karin and a few DB fixes of my own).

The problem must be on your end. But I'm sure more examples would be welcome to be sure everything is working properly!

@themodelcitizen have you tried FM Custom Editor? You can customize the look and the functionality (allow hidden options, change limits of teams in cups, etc). 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/559123-fm22-editormod-customize-editor/  (there´s a FM23 version in the thread)

Edited by X0X0

1 小时前, X0X0说:

No problems on my end. I tried a saved with Al-Rayan (and actually got demoted to 2nd division LOL!) and all the schedules updated normally for the 23/24 season including Cups (Qatar 2nd Division). 

My starting date was the default one for the Qatar league with the Original FM 23 DB not the FM 23.4.0 DB( loaded Qatar, China, Australia, South Korea, Brasil, Argentina, Malasya with a custom DB with japanese players from Karin and a few DB fixes of my own).

The problem must be on your end. But I'm sure more examples would be welcome to be sure everything is working properly!

@themodelcitizen have you tried FM Custom Editor? You can customize the look and the functionality (allow hidden options, change limits of teams in cups, etc). 

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/559123-fm22-editormod-customize-editor/  (there´s a FM23 version in the thread)

Are you with the latest version of file? I have no problem too in last file however the latest 07 Jun update one have such problem. I am using 23.4 database to start at Aug 22. 23/24 season are like the below

image.thumb.png.9ae4d1f149e17886e355fd67f3e28312.png

On 12/06/2023 at 10:30, al_hk said:

Hi, It seems something wrong in the latest file as 23/24 season is skipped and do not have any league game in 23/24 and resume in 24/25. Could you update it or send the back up old version for it. Thanks.

Mine's working fine on 23.4 with the new version (including Qatar Cup):

Spoiler

qatarworking1.thumb.png.33f190805bfb3611497d761ffd27f78e.pngqatarworking2.thumb.png.195b0ab8c3b90e56db354225a84774a6.png

Will need more information (what other files are you running etc) but not sure the problem's on my end, unless anyone else has seen this?

EDIT: scratch that, seems to be an issue if certain teams end up in certain cups. I think I've dealt with it. Do let me know if anything crops up again

Edited by themodelcitizen

Posted a new version with the 2023 squad rules kicking in next season, or at least the best facsimile I can make of them. Stuff like the age-limited resident player thing, under-23 foreign goalkeepers only, and over-28 age limits aren't reproducible in the editor unless there's some wizardry I'm not thinking of so I've approximated the new rules as best I can. The slot reserved only for a UAFA player (and AFC) is done :lol: but at least we get a season out of all that work

Hey themodelcitizen,

I not going to play in Qatar for the moment but I've noticed two things:

1.The Qatari 1.division goes from 12 to 10 team - and the 2.division goes from 8 to 10, AFTER the first season in the game. IRL it stays the same - at least in the 1.division --> 12 teams in 23/24 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_Qatar_Stars_League

2.Something is wrong the attendances of Umm-Salal and Al-Shamal. According to Genie scout they have 25.000 in attendances and 18/19.000 ticket holders. Its a stadium thing in the official editor that does something. It looks weird and outdated - same thing with Al-Khor. There is a stadium move and all of the sudden they have 35.000 in attendance :D 

I don't expect you to fix everything. Number 1 would be cool - I miss a league with few games. With 12 teams they only play 22 - with 10 they play 27 ;-) 

Number 2 could easily be fixed if you removed 'stadium move'/'stadium change' for those 3 teams and you picked the right stadium they play at. Because like IRL they attendances in the editor is actually between 800-3000. Its a small country so the average attendances is quite low

Edited by ajoobah

Ah ffs, I can see they've postponed the decision to drop to 10 teams: https://www.easternherald.com/2023/03/07/qatar-the-football-association-postpones-the-decision-to-reduce-the-number-of-clubs/ Well, that was a lot of work for nothing... lol, I wonder if they'll drop to 10 teams next season after all.

This will take a couple of hours in the evenings to get the scheduling right without leaving huge fixture gaps and to deal with the knock-on effects in cups and the second tier. Give me a bit of time and I can try to have a new version up by next week.

The stadium thing is weird, w/ the first two clubs I actually removed their "stadium move" and gave them accurate stadium numbers months ago. Do they still move in the game? There might be something hard-coded for that. Do they actually get 25,000 in attendance or does it just say that in Genie Scout?

As for Al-Khor, I do have them set to move (as in IRL), but they definitely shouldn't be getting 35K! :lol: I've just changed "expected maximum attendance" but I'm not sure it will actually do anything. Even with setting attendances extremely low (as I've had in the file for a while), they do steadily increase, but obviously shouldn't be anywhere near that level in a year or two.

I'll try to think of other ideas to fix that when I'm working on the league structure.

You don't have to change it back to 12 teams for my sake. I wasn't aware of them changing their minds at the last second :-)

Al-Shamals attendance in the original editor is 700 and Umm-Salal is 1500. So its not 25.000 :) 

Yeah but I think in the default editor they had Umm-Salal and Al-Shamal and moving to stadiums that were planned but never actually completed IRL, right? Or maybe they fixed that in a patch? Originally I scrapped all that and kept them in their existing stadiums, like IRL. I think I lowered their attendance even further from 700 and 1500. But now I'm wondering if there's some weird hard-coding with the originally planned stadium moves.

Haha, I'm wavering on whether to change it back to 10 teams, maybe just for one season (so the move to 10 would occur next year in 2024, after all they did say "postponed"). As usual realism is the goal but a lot of dates and stuff for next season had to be guesstimated anyway

Updated with the reduction to 10 teams occurring for 2024/25, not 2023/24 (as was originally planned). So, the second season will use the new squad rules (as in IRL) but will stay at 12 teams and 22 games for one more year (like IRL. They've said "postponed" so I've kept the change, just one year later, partly to save myself even more work!).

I ran a test to make sure everything was working but haven't done a deep dive yet to make sure teams aren't getting bunched up fixtures or long breaks, everything looks good though. As usual, let me know if anyone sees anything off.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out that there are players with a dual nationality: Qatar and Qatar (resident). Does this mean that Qatari players have to live in Qatar to be eligable for some matches? I've read what you wrote about Arab/UAFA, but I didn't understand what the rule means exactly. 

Edited by Jorgen