Is the game broken, or is it too early?

20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Dude...

image.png.fa8aec610a110c7b52c313129e458813.png

...remind us again why you're asking for help? 

By the way, is this a created club? 

first of all i didn't ask help from you 

you are here just to mock me

second i upload the save just because they ask me to do it

and yes is a custom team..........

1 minute ago, milenec11 said:

he can play around with the team as it is and see if the user's players antisipation during the match is normal

It looks like your defense is pretty solid there

If Dave doesn't show you what he did, I'm sure someone else will 

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

It looks like your defense is pretty solid there

If Dave doesn't show you what he did, I'm sure someone else will 

I didn't do anything, that's the point. These are his actual results. I'm just wondering why he needs help?? His only loss is to Bayern. I wish my team were as consistent as that :D

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I didn't do anything, that's the point. These are his actual results. I'm just wondering why he needs help?? His only loss is to Bayern. I wish my team were as consistent as that :D

:lol:

I thought you'd played a few games!! 

That's 2 conceded (against one of the biggest teams in Europe) in 7 @milenec11, I think you're doing fine

Re-read the OP, he's not complaining about results.

The OP is saying in their opinion opposition defenders are outperforming their strikers in terms of anticipation and quickness, plus AI team lines are all green after 4 matches, which I assume relates to the partnership lines, and thus quicker than the OP's own team is able to achieve.  That is then mistakenly associated to the AI having some form of advantage, which is easy to do when something looks odd and feels out of place.

As far as I can tell this isn't about tactics or uploading a save for others to play with, it's about things being noticed in the ME and possibly the UI which may or may not relate to an ME issue or bug.  Others may not notice such things because all saves are different and/or different decisions in game may have unexpected knock on effects.

@milenec11 The best thing you can do is raise the issue in the bugs forum, describe the issue as best you can (probably best not to mention non-existent AI advantages though ;)) and upload your save there.

7 hours ago, herne79 said:

Re-read the OP, he's not complaining about results.

The OP is saying in their opinion opposition defenders are outperforming their strikers in terms of anticipation and quickness, plus AI team lines are all green after 4 matches, which I assume relates to the partnership lines, and thus quicker than the OP's own team is able to achieve.  That is then mistakenly associated to the AI having some form of advantage, which is easy to do when something looks odd and feels out of place.

As far as I can tell this isn't about tactics or uploading a save for others to play with, it's about things being noticed in the ME and possibly the UI which may or may not relate to an ME issue or bug.  Others may not notice such things because all saves are different and/or different decisions in game may have unexpected knock on effects.

@milenec11 The best thing you can do is raise the issue in the bugs forum, describe the issue as best you can (probably best not to mention non-existent AI advantages though ;)) and upload your save there.

thank very much mate 

you understood what i was trying to say

english are not my native language so perhaps i can't write down what i have to say.

once more thank you

I'll dip into this discussion.... it's not broken and playing well from my perspective.

Quite enjoying the new series, though wish there were more substantial and relevant changes to the game over and above the Squad Planner, which I feel is super for new players, but offers little to the more experienced.

Again - the game isn't broken and playing well.

12 minutes ago, C0bbl3rs said:

I'll dip into this discussion.... it's not broken and playing well from my perspective.

Quite enjoying the new series, though wish there were more substantial and relevant changes to the game over and above the Squad Planner, which I feel is super for new players, but offers little to the more experienced.

Again - the game isn't broken and playing well.

ok don't stay to my frase 

once more i say english is not my native way to write here 

but we can say that lacks of depth for advance players and lacks of plausibility of soccer.

i will give a last exp.

i bought moukoko i don't care if is a promising player or in really life with dortmund has score up to 10 goals

i will stay in some attributes of him

ACC.  16

PACE 16 

AGILITY 16

all those give an image of a very agile player fast . 

now in game when a make a deep pass front of him to run in a free space in many case ( not say at most cases ) he run like my old passed away father and overtaken from players with speed 12 acc 13 agility 11 even he was facing my area of the field

in real ;ife if a player take a pass in his back and is not agile is impossible to overtake a faster in general terms player.

that i am trying to say here that those things are not normal if we want to say that is a simulation of soccer managing.

HAS TO HAVE SOME BASIC ELEMENTS BASED ON REAL LIFE. and this year some how they are not present

17 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

i bought moukoko i don't care if is a promising player or in really life with dortmund has score up to 10 goals

i will stay in some attributes of him

ACC.  16

PACE 16 

AGILITY 16

all those give an image of a very agile player fast . 

now in game when a make a deep pass front of him to run in a free space in many case ( not say at most cases ) he run like my old passed away father and overtaken from players with speed 12 acc 13 agility 11 even he was facing my area of the field

in real ;ife if a player take a pass in his back and is not agile is impossible to overtake a faster in general terms player.

Okay, I understand what you mean. If you do find issues like that, it would be great if you can report them as @herne79 said. 

In a case like that, what SI will need is a description of the issue, the time of the event (or events if there are more than one) and the match PKM so that they can look at the coding that's allowing it to happen.

Here's a little more detail around it:

It might be a bug or there may be valid reasons for what is happening, but even so, I have seen a few situations where it just doesn't look believable. In both cases, the SI QA will have an example that they can use to log the bug and the more examples, the better.

11 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Okay, I understand what you mean. If you do find issues like that, it would be great if you can report them as @herne79 said. 

In a case like that, what SI will need is a description of the issue, the time of the event (or events if there are more than one) and the match PKM so that they can look at the coding that's allowing it to happen.

Here's a little more detail around it:

It might be a bug or there may be valid reasons for what is happening, but even so, I have seen a few situations where it just doesn't look believable. In both cases, the SI QA will have an example that they can use to log the bug and the more examples, the better.

doesn't look believable” 

now what can I say……….

The game always needs a little tweaking at first, doesn't it? Whatever happens I'm just playing as much as possible early on because right now my Villa team is flying and I want to make the most of it before any inadvertent exploits my tactic has found are wiped out!

Going to chime in with the topic of players pace against slower players when you have faster players as I have personally reported issues of player pace against open-play balls in to space or 1v1 chases. The player in this given example, Moukoko, sure he has 16 Agility, 16 Acc and 16 Pace but he also has 11 Anticipation, 11 Concentration, 7 Decisions, 9 Off The Ball, 13 Work Rate and those are just his Mentals - All these also take effect. A Slow defender with better reading of the game will most likely stand a better chance against a pacey/agile player - look at Thiago Silva for a real life reference.

31 minutes ago, Daz2205 said:
41 minutes ago, Daz2205 said:

Going to chime in with the topic of players pace against slower players when you have faster players as I have personally reported issues of player pace against open-play balls in to space or 1v1 chases. The player in this given example, Moukoko, sure he has 16 Agility, 16 Acc and 16 Pace but he also has 11 Anticipation, 11 Concentration, 7 Decisions, 9 Off The Ball, 13 Work Rate and those are just his Mentals - All these also take effect. A Slow defender with better reading of the game will most likely stand a better chance against a pacey/agile player - look at Thiago Silva for a real life reference.

we speak about an open field sitiuation

moukoko on the center the ball front of him his opponent defender about a meter of him with his back turn on moukoko

you don't have to be Einstein to run forward to score or create o possibilite of score a goal.

regardless you are 17y old you have the physicall power to runnnnnnnnnnnnn.

off the ball has to do in really life how you move without the ball in order to give you teamate the option to pass to you a good pass

so here we speak just a forward run with the ball on feet on empty space how astrophysical difficult could be to run faster than a slower player

20 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

off the ball has to do in really life how you move without the ball in order to give you teamate the option to pass to you a good pass

Correct, Off The Ball movement dictates the movement in which a player can/will make when a pass is attempted. Couple this with his other attributes and you have a much fuller picture of how the player should/could react to any given circumstance. Adama Traore can run like the wind, he can abuse his pace, put him in front of goal and the crowed fear for their lives... some birds flying past perhaps as well..

On 09/11/2022 at 10:51, Dagenham_Dave said:

Ah, the good old 'If I can't win, the game must be broken' trope. Never heard that one for at least five minutes. 

I am of opposite opinion. I win too often lol hence for i think the game is broken

I'd always be wary of turning FM into some version of Top Trumps though.  There's far more complexity to the engine than player x has 16 pace, player y has 12, so x always gets there first.  There's so much more to it than that, as there should be.  Lower league jobbers can hit perfect 40 yard bullets that find the top corner, and world superstars sometimes miss simple 2 yard tap-ins.  It follows that circumstances exist where the faster players sometimes just don't get off the mark quickly enough, or that clogger of a defender inadvertently makes the perfect movement earlier than he would have.