[FM23] Minor Adjustments - Short stage names, country names

There's a real lack of "short stage names" filled out in the default stage names, meaning your fixture list looks incredibly cluttered. "UEFA Champions League League Path First Qualifying Round First Leg", anyone?).

This file adds a bunch of short stage names (like "First Qual. Round") to correct that, based on conventions seen elsewhere in the game ("Ch'ship" for "Championship", etc).

Also updates some nation names based on their FIFA name/3-letter country code, and by popular convention. A couple of other minor fixes of obvious mistakes (nothing added that will clash with other DBs).

The competition names file cleans up some sponsors (just "Ligue 1", sorry Uber Eats) and changes others to their official name (the Euro, the Premier League, etc).

STAGE NAMES/COUNTRY NAMES / backup | COMPETITION NAMES / backup

Please upvote here and rate on Steam if you are enjoying the databases (or not!)

TMC MEGAPACK

Screenshot:

Spoiler

larne.thumb.png.cbcfae7ee9880e08bda46f36d850e9d4.png

Edited by themodelcitizen

• 4 weeks later...

Added some fixes to the stage names file with some obvious mistakes like Jandro Arellana (and others) declaring for Andorra in some people's saves (in the default game with no edited databases selected - I've reported the bug)

Just recently @6499red in the San Marino challenge thread by @ChiccO (cheers to @kandersson for getting the challenge rolling all those FMs ago) pointed out the same glitch ("date when moved to based nation" not being changed from their last club) affecting non-local players based at Sammarinese clubs in the Italian system, which I fixed in that file,  just didn't click until now that this must be an issue with the non-local players on most "foreign"-based clubs like that (FC Vaduz? Derry City? I'll keep checking)

Edited by themodelcitizen

• 3 weeks later...