[FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v3.03 - Updated 10/06/23 - NEW SKIN ADDED!!

GIMN

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DBlind said:

Currently using the 1440 resolution skin and love it! 

Any idea of what panel determines the size of the player's face? Is it possible to increase the size of the face?

Skärmavbild 2022-12-17 kl. 15.34.19.png

It'll be somewhere in player/player personal details panel.xml, which controls the top row (so not the red box, but from the face across to the coach summary).  Unfortunately I don't know the exact code, as I built the player overview from scratch and don't use that file.

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

It'll be somewhere in player/player personal details panel.xml, which controls the top row (so not the red box, but from the face across to the coach summary).  Unfortunately I don't know the exact code, as I built the player overview from scratch and don't use that file.

Just on this note…how did you remove the Attributes tab from the overview list?

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Just on this note…how did you remove the Attributes tab from the overview list?

sections/person sections.xml - I just bracketed around the attributes section: <!--<record id="Pply" />-->

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

sections/person sections.xml - I just bracketed around the attributes section: <!--<record id="Pply" />-->

I’ve searched through everything I’ve extracted froM the archiver but can’t find this! Can you share please?

3 hours ago, Ups81 said:

hello

can i get a photo of 

"Adjusted size and layout of positions indicator and surrounding information in player profile" 

for me it's still relatively small. that is how this still suppose to be?

fm.png

It's been increased by 50% as comparable to the screenshots in the opening post.

On 11/11/2022 at 03:57, GIMN said:

image.thumb.png.ba928f403198590b35cb2e818ef731c3.png 

Hi GIMN

i personalize Munstermann setting ... so with the new version it s possible to keep my personalize data "munstermann grapphical setting" and change all rest of data ?

There is an impact if i change all data with 2.01 and put "munstermann graphical setting" 2.00 ?

hope your understand

Edited by FERIA

5 minutes ago, FERIA said:

Hi GIMN

i personalize Munstermann setting ... so with the new version it s possible to keep my personalize data "munstermann grapphical setting" and change all rest of data ?

There is an impact if i change all data with 2.01 and put "munstermann graphical setting" 2.00 ?

hope your understand

If it's just the settings file it should be fine.

13 hours ago, GIMN said:

You'll need to create a "sections" folder in the main skin folder and place it in there.

person sections.xml 15.63 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you! Can you remember where you extracted this from? I've been searching for some time now and really think that there could be some massive scope to change things if I can find non player sections, team sections etc...

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Thank you! Can you remember where you extracted this from? I've been searching for some time now and really think that there could be some massive scope to change things if I can find non player sections, team sections etc...

The skins.fmf inside Football Manager 2023/data/game

(I basically extracted everything single fmf I could, just in case there's something useful to be discovered)

10 minutes ago, FERIA said:

thks you

and agree with Ups81, one more big it will be perfect with terrain position player

blue actual 2.01

red for me ^^

screenshot-community.sigames.com-2022.12.18-09_36_00.jpg

You can adjust it in player/player overview panel.xml - all the overlays are at the bottom of the file.  You will probably also need to adjust widgets/player basic positions indicator.xml.

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

The skins.fmf inside Football Manager 2023/data/game

(I basically extracted everything single fmf I could, just in case there's something useful to be discovered)

Awesome, thanks! Knew I'd missed one. Was kind of hoping that I could, for example, adjust the icons on the sidebar but it appears that I can only adjust the tabs that can be selected by right clicking on them...

25 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Awesome, thanks! Knew I'd missed one. Was kind of hoping that I could, for example, adjust the icons on the sidebar but it appears that I can only adjust the tabs that can be selected by right clicking on them...

What are you trying to adjust exactly?  Have you looked at panels/generic/sidebar menu table.xml?

10 minutes ago, GIMN said:

What are you trying to adjust exactly?  Have you looked at panels/generic/sidebar menu table.xml?

By adjust, I actually meant to add more to it! There are several screens that I visit a lot that I’d love to make an icon for and have there. Seen people workaround by adding things to the bookmarks and then adding that to the bottom but it isn’t with an icon and, in my opinion, doesn’t look like it fits. 

12 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

By adjust, I actually meant to add more to it! There are several screens that I visit a lot that I’d love to make an icon for and have there. Seen people workaround by adding things to the bookmarks and then adding that to the bottom but it isn’t with an icon and, in my opinion, doesn’t look like it fits. 

Bugger.  Not sure if there's a way of editing the contents - it seems to be a table that's hidden away from us plebs.

I do wonder if you can add link_buttons underneath the table.  You should be able to add icons and hide the button appearance, but don't know if it will cause any issues by being inside the sidebar.

4 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Bugger.  Not sure if there's a way of editing the contents - it seems to be a table that's hidden away from us plebs.

I do wonder if you can add link_buttons underneath the table.  You should be able to add icons and hide the button appearance, but don't know if it will cause any issues by being inside the sidebar.

That could work. You can definitely do stuff as lots of skins show a badge there.

Trying to think where the easiest link button is to steal and try there...

6 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

That could work. You can definitely do stuff as lots of skins show a badge there.

If you've got my skin, all the buttons on the home page are basically link buttons on top of images.  I'm not at home at the moment, but I think the path is human/mustermann/buttons.  I think most point to a subpage, for example coaching will take you to the coach assignments page.

23 часа назад, DBlind сказал:

Currently using the 1440 resolution skin and love it! 

Any idea of what panel determines the size of the player's face? Is it possible to increase the size of the face?

Skärmavbild 2022-12-17 kl. 15.34.19.png

But how to install the same skin? upload the file please

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Okay, I've had some joy:

image.thumb.png.89ec93d9c2c0bc7ade0f971cb9af0a91.png

The button works as long as you are on any other page than Home or Inbox.  I did it by adding a reference in the sidebar menu table and then creating a new file with a link button.  I've attached them below.

I have noticed that it does seem to slow down the games reaction to clicking the regular links in the sidebar, but I don't know if this might just need me to reset the game.

sidebar button.xml sidebar menu table.xml

42 minutes ago, GIMN said:

The button works as long as you are on any other page than Home or Inbox.  I did it by adding a reference in the sidebar menu table and then creating a new file with a link button.  I've attached them below.

I have noticed that it does seem to slow down the games reaction to clicking the regular links in the sidebar, but I don't know if this might just need me to reset the game.

Same as you. Can get them in and looking nice...

70297149cf212ab3ea37597a779bc184.png

But makes everything super slow and can't be accessed from every part of the game.

Is this a game issue rather than a skin issue? I haven't tried out any other skins to know tbh. The in-game tablet shows the same pass map regardless which team you select, same goes for the shot map, the others all seem to be fine. 

Also, if you're adding anything to your white text list the mentality text at the bottom is white.

20221218151822_1.thumb.jpg.52d0753ceb052836cd6e691d623ab4b6.jpg

20221218152415_1.thumb.jpg.73e9198ecede87de3d605b18abd4a780.jpg

Edited by Mikal

5 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Is this a game issue rather than a skin issue? I haven't tried out any other skins to know tbh. The in-game tablet shows the same pass map regardless which team you select, same goes for the shot map, the others all seem to be fine. 

I've just checked and been able to replicate this.  I'll look into it (although probably not today with WC final followed by NFL)

23 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Same as you. Can get them in and looking nice...

70297149cf212ab3ea37597a779bc184.png

But makes everything super slow and can't be accessed from every part of the game.

The slowness is too off-putting for me.  I'll have a bit of a play around later in the week, see if some of the issues can be resolved.

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v2.02 - Updated 17/12/22
12 hours ago, Mikal said:

Also, if you're adding anything to your white text list the mentality text at the bottom is white.

Hotfix is out.  To spare having to download the whole file, you can just put the attached file in panels/match folder.

match touchline tablet panel.xml

• GIMN changed the title to [FM23][SKIN] Mustermann 23 v2.02 - Updated 19/12/22
9 minutes ago, s_pasmus said:

Hi @GIMNhow can I enlarge the size of the tablet and enter other news by replacing the backroom for example?

Immagine 2022-12-19 152231.png

You'll need to edit panels/match/match touchline tablet panel.xml to change the height and edit the tabs, and panels/match/in between highlights panel.xml to edit the width.

On 18/12/2022 at 09:46, GIMN said:

You can adjust it in player/player overview panel.xml - all the overlays are at the bottom of the file.  You will probably also need to adjust widgets/player basic positions indicator.xml.

thanks for the orientation @GIMN

Those who want to use player overview panel as in the picture; a little bit bigger than skin regular size; don't hesitate to download the file attached

fm.png

player overview panel.xml

Edited by Ups81

7 minutes ago, Ups81 said:

thanks for the orientation @GIMN

Those who want to use player overview panel as in the picture; a little bit bigger than skin regular size; don't hesitate to download the file attached

fm.png

player overview panel.xml 63.69 kB · 0 downloads

Not at computer at the moment so can't check, but has this been adjusted for those on lower resolutions, too?

(If not, those on resolutions 1600x900 and below might have issues)

(P.S. That's not a criticism. Just adding information that might be necessary for some users)

Edited by GIMN

2 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Not at computer at the moment so can't check, but has this been adjusted for those on lower resolutions, too?

(If not, those on resolutions 1600x900 and below might have issues)

(P.S. That's not a criticism. Just adding information that might be necessary for some users)

Unfortunately, i didn't have that reflection to adjust it for lower resolution users also.

As this is my very first try ...

By the way, all criticism are welcomed, especially by your side, whom excellent work are still under-modified by some unsatisfied users :)

@gimn , i have also another question...

For these attributes which are not visible (players have to be scouted), in graphical version the color is the same with 0-5 scale 

I would like to change it either with a dash, another color or nothing..

Could you please tell me which file has to be modified? for the rest i'll try to make it by myself

Edited by Ups81

10 minutes ago, Ups81 said:

For these attributes which are not visible (players have to be scouted), in graphical version the color is the same with 0-5 scale 

Could you please tell me which file has to be modified? for the rest i'll try to make it by myself

Unfortunately I have not found a way to treat unscouted attributes differently. It will display the attribute at the lowest value of a range.

For example, if the scout thinks he is 8-17, it will treat it as an 8 and show the colour for average. If an attribute is completely unknown it will show as poor. I can't find a way to avoid that (I believe that had been the same experience for other skin makers, it at least was a couple of years ago - I'll see if a solution has been found since)

32 minutes ago, Ups81 said:

Unfortunately, i didn't have that reflection to adjust it for lower resolution users also.

As this is my very first try ...

By the way, all criticism are welcomed, especially by your side, whom excellent work are still under-modified by some unsatisfied users :)

And that's okay. It would have been very surprising if it had been considered because when you make a change for personal use, it would be weird to check other resolutions too :lol:.

As said I only had to ask so that others can know.

45 minutes ago, Ups81 said:

I believe the star attributes skin does this but I wouldn't know where to look in the skin to see how he has applied it!

"Changelog:
now you can distinguish between un-scouted and low attribute values, however the colour of a star can change with an increase in player knowledge"

7 hours ago, Mikal said:

I believe the star attributes skin does this but I wouldn't know where to look in the skin to see how he has applied it!

"Changelog:
now you can distinguish between un-scouted and low attribute values, however the colour of a star can change with an increase in player knowledge"

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Ups81 said:

There's a few edits.  First change the value for "unknown attribute background" in the settings file.  I would recommend "bg lighter" as this is the same colour used for the box background in the player profile.  Then you will need to change all instances of use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" to use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true"e.  I recommend using something like Notepad++ and doing a replace all in files (select the whole skin folder).

9 hours ago, GIMN said:

Thank you!

There's a few edits.  First change the value for "unknown attribute background" in the settings file.  I would recommend "bg lighter" as this is the same colour used for the box background in the player profile.  Then you will need to change all instances of use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" to use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true"e.  I recommend using something like Notepad++ and doing a replace all in files (select the whole skin folder).

Which seems working perfect so far

fm.thumb.png.04dbfde06761dd24b8f9dcbaeed7e093.png

Thanks again mate..

12 minutes ago, Ups81 said:

Which seems working perfect so far

fm.thumb.png.04dbfde06761dd24b8f9dcbaeed7e093.png

Thanks again mate..

There may be some places where it looks a bit odd.  As the attributes don't always appear against the same background.  For example, when viewing attributes in Player Search or in the popup panel.  Unfortunately you can't have different colours in different contexts.  That said, as long as you know what the colours mean, it makes sense.

A couple things for your consideration:

1. when going on the advice popup (the icon just below continue) the leftmost attribute heading doesn't show. As a side note, I loaded the numerical skin to see if it was any different but seems the numerical version has the graphical popup for this.

Spoiler

20221220135140_1.thumb.jpg.50a297ecb562191014d367e4d5bd942b.jpg

2. I'm having flag issues with some of the larger club flags. I thought for some reason it may have been because I changed the logo bottom left but same on the numerical skin which is untouched

Spoiler

20221220143551_1.thumb.jpg.44daac4dad718d008814fabc1c201312.jpg

20221220143917_1.thumb.jpg.0146e09dee397d080f583c69305dcbca.jpg

3. Purely a personal QoL request, but is it possible to add the nationality (the wording) on the player overview and player popup to the right of the flag and drop the int. caps to the line below? Cheers.

1 hour ago, Mikal said:

1. when going on the advice popup (the icon just below continue) the leftmost attribute heading doesn't show. As a side note, I loaded the numerical skin to see if it was any different but seems the numerical version has the graphical popup for this.

Yes, this is an issue with the graphical approach.  It's plagued Sebastian (Star Attributes) and I for all time.  Regarding the numerical skin having the same popup, this is because of the person properties.xml.  It is loaded when you start the game, not when you refresh the skin, so if you loaded with numerical and then switch to graphical, it will show numbers in multiple places - such as when you choose an attributes view on the squad page or player search.

1 hour ago, Mikal said:

2. I'm having flag issues with some of the larger club flags. I thought for some reason it may have been because I changed the logo bottom left but same on the numerical skin which is untouched

I'll have a look into this.  I evidently didn't test in the Dutch league :lol:.

1 hour ago, Mikal said:

3. Purely a personal QoL request, but is it possible to add the nationality (the wording) on the player overview and player popup to the right of the flag and drop the int. caps to the line below? Cheers.

You can try the attached file.  I ended up removing the wording for the main release because it wouldn't properly align with the flag (although personally I prefer no flag, and words only, but that's another matter altogether).  It does squash things in a little, as I've moved international appearances below - this is because when a player only has youth caps it can become quite a long string.  I've also done a quick fix in that file for the flag, but I'm going to look at it in more detail before adding it to an update.

image.thumb.png.7ddad8d6c62e4be36b868d2efe12b35e.png

image.thumb.png.04669926c9fcfc05e1a1a9abc8110d9a.png

player overview panel.xml

6 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Yes, this is an issue with the graphical approach.  It's plagued Sebastian (Star Attributes) and I for all time.  Regarding the numerical skin having the same popup, this is because of the person properties.xml.  It is loaded when you start the game, not when you refresh the skin, so if you loaded with numerical and then switch to graphical, it will show numbers in multiple places - such as when you choose an attributes view on the squad page or player search

Ah ok! It's nothing major anyway.

12 minutes ago, GIMN said:

You can try the attached file.  I ended up removing the wording for the main release because it wouldn't properly align with the flag (although personally I prefer no flag, and words only, but that's another matter altogether).  It does squash things in a little, as I've moved international appearances below - this is because when a player only has youth caps it can become quite a long string.  I've also done a quick fix in that file for the flag, but I'm going to look at it in more detail before adding it to an update

Brill, it looks nice how you've done it, thanks!

Congrats for the nice work! I love light colored skins.

Quick question...Is it possible to keep the default "Staff profile" and manager "Home" panels ?

Does it require a lot of editing or can be done just by deleting a few files ?

I just can't  get used to these 2 areas of the game

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Xpert said:

Congrats for the nice work! I love light colored skins.

Quick question...Is it possible to keep the default "Staff profile" and manager "Home" panels ?

Does it require a lot of editing or can be done just by deleting a few files ?

I just can't  get used to these 2 areas of the game

Thanks

delete non_player/non player profile and human/manager home

1 hour ago, Jellico73 said:

Hey @GIMN

I deleted non_player/non player profile from my skin, 1440 Numerical, and this is what I get when pulling up a staff member:

image.thumb.png.dbd69afb468945ef68d49fc1c093f5ac.png

Was there something else that needed to be removed/modified?

Appreciate the help!

Jellico

Interesting.  There shouldn't be a non player attributes panel.xml in that folder - but if there is that needs to be deleted.  It might be a similar situation where it's pulling it from another folder if you've got the graphical version in your skins folder, too.

Hi, I finally got to play with skin version 2.x and I found a few errors:

Scouting - shortlist checkbox

Spoiler

20221221-skauting.png

Player profile - it may not be a bug but the white text on a light background is very hard to read

Spoiler

20221221-player-profile.png

Tutorial - same issue, white text on light background

Spoiler

20221124-tutorial-datahub.png

Tutorial - names

Spoiler

20221129-tutorial-squad.png

Staff meeting result - summary items

Spoiler

20221206-staff-meeting-results.png

And this is not a bug, but my personal wish - to enlarge the pitch on the player profile and possibly add some info (ideally suitability for roles)

Spoiler

idea-player-profile.png

One last thing - I totally love the staff profile, where de facto attributes are completely missing. Really great idea. Are you considering redesigning the player profile in a similar way? Eliminating attributes from players as well? Or the attributes would just be an average (1-5/5) within some categories. But the way the staff is portrayed is excellent.

Thank you, @vonTrips

5 hours ago, vonTrips said:

Scouting - shortlist checkbox

This is known, and an absolute mystery.  It seems to be controlled by player/player scouting card actions.xml.  Changing parameters in this file changes this bar when it appears on the Overview page as well as the Scouting Centre.  Both the text and the checkbox itself have had it's colour defined, and it works on the Overview page but for the Scouting Centre it only changes the checkbox.  It's driven me crazy!  Thinking about it, there might be an option to redefine the font using a hack that's been elsewhere.  I'll see how that does.

Player profile - it may not be a bug but the white text on a light background is very hard to read

Agreed.  I'll see if I can tweak things for the next update.  It is primarily an issue with the Orange variant (and pretty much exclusively the reason there isn't a Yellow variant), but I've got a workaround in mind.

Tutorial - same issue, white text on light background

Tutorial - names

I'll take a look.  Tutorials are something I glossed over entirely.

Staff meeting result - summary items

Any chance you still have the save with this summary that you'd be able to send over?  I thought I'd managed to catch all the bits (evidently not) and it will be helpful to have an example to play around with when I'm editing.

And this is not a bug, but my personal wish - to enlarge the pitch on the player profile and possibly add some info (ideally suitability for roles)

You can edit these in player/player overview panel.xml - this is part of the overlay information at the bottom and is annotated for your pleasure.  You'd want to adjust the height and width of the widget.  You will also need to adjust the positioning of the surrounding information.  These are largely controlled by lines such as <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="71"/> within the widgets.  That said, if you then want to add in roles, you'll have the problem that the pitch isn't interactive, so you may be better served by using a different pitch.  This could be one example of code to use instead:

<!--PITCH & ROLES-->
<container>
  <container width="300" height="500">
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="12"/>
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="155"/>
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="player_positions_indicator_panel" id="ppi1" file="player/player positions indicator small horizontal" navigation_container="true" default_focus="true" late_loading="true" height="500" width="300">
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="0"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0"/>
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
      <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>
    </widget>

</container>
</container>

That could go at the end of the code (before the </panel>) and would give you something like this:

image.thumb.png.3cde87672d6cfd396922faa6b6375ef5.png

You'll also need to extract player/player positions indicator small horizontal.xml, add it to the folder, and then define the text colour for the roles.  For the other information (fitness, morale, nationality, etc...) it'll be the same as above, you'll need to play around with the insets to position it wherever you like.

One last thing - I totally love the staff profile, where de facto attributes are completely missing. Really great idea. Are you considering redesigning the player profile in a similar way? Eliminating attributes from players as well? Or the attributes would just be an average (1-5/5) within some categories. But the way the staff is portrayed is excellent.

I'd love to, but haven't been able to find a way to aggregate player attributes.  That's actually what I wanted to do from the beginning, just have indicators for each of the areas (e.g. "Final Third") rather than having the attributes under the heading.

Edited by GIMN

6 hours ago, vonTrips said:

Right, a lot of files to throw at you:

panels/non_player/mustermann - profile personal details popup.xml & profile person details.xml
settings - Mustermann Graphical settings.xml
panels/player/mustermann/personal details - player details contract low.xml, player details contract popup.xml & player details contract.xml

I've defined some new colours so that the text in footers can be changed depending on the colour theme:

image.thumb.png.c1c0b207cd13dd8093a86e0d3a8ad63f.png image.thumb.png.62ee04c1f7d7890a66dc0c7ba0d6dc07.png

profile personal details popup.xml profile personal details.xml player details contract low.xml player details contract popup.xml player details contract.xml

Mustermann Graphical settings.xml

Edited by GIMN
added the correct settings file