San Marino Database Issues

Rainbowz

I'm trying to make a true to life San Marino database, but I'm running into some weird errors. I keep getting a scheduling error saying "(league) has not finished in time for the season update day" despite there not being many fixtures. When I manage to get it working, I find in-game that the fixtures are weirdly spread out. Some months only have 2-3 fixtures for some reason.

My next issue is regarding the playoff. The way the league works is the league winner is set as champion and qualifies for the Champions League, and 12 teams go into a playoff with the winner and runner up (or 3rd place if the league champion wins the playoff) also get European qualification. However, I can't get this to occur, with the European spots going to 2nd and 3rd in the league instead. Also, creating a 3rd place playoff seems to break the DB, maybe because of the above scheduling issue.

Does anyone have any idea how to sort these issues? I've attached the file so anyone can take a look. Thanks in advance.

San Marino.fmf

Your league schedule is too long. You've got 28/7 as the start date and 10/6 as the end date. That's a crazy long season when you're only playing 28 matches. That's why they're sporadically placed, there just aren't enough fixtures to fill that schedule. Also, you have San Marino's season periods set for 5/8 - 9/6. So your league stage is set to start before the season even begins and end after it's already finished.

That's also why your playoff doesn't work. Your update day is 9/6, the league phase finishes 10/6 so the playoff can't even start until 11/6. It's way too late.

Additionally, I'm not sure what the point of a Champions Playoff is if the champion is already decided by the league phase. If you want separate champions listed for the league and playoffs that's possible, but you'd have to look at how the MLS or A League does it, I've never tried it myself. Your fate actions in the playoff don't work either. Set Continental Cup is used to say a team is playing in that cup this season. It's used by continental cups to tag teams that are participating, or it's to blank (like your ones) for teams that are knocked out so they're no longer counted as participating in it. You can't really qualify teams for continental cups via fate actions anyway. Plus the Set League Fate you have there is pointless. All 12 teams already have the league fate of top playoff, there's no need to set it for the winner of the playoff. Do you want to set their fate as champions instead? Although then you should probably stop the 1st team in the league phase being set as champion.

Other Stage Actions > Continental Cup Rules is where you'd set up alternative continental cup qualification. I've never used it myself and I'd definitely recommend looking at a league like the Eredivisie with a playoff already to see how it works. But you should be able to set it up under the Rules section there. It should go in top to bottom order, so the 1st rule listed there will be the UCL place, next Europa League (or UCL if the nation has multiple UCL places) and so on. You shouldn't need to set anything for Competition. Ranking Level Info is probably optional, but it would note how/why a team qualified if you want that info. eg. it would say they qualified due to being league champions, or they qualified via a playoff etc.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:28, Rainbowz said:

I'm trying to make a true to life San Marino database, but I'm running into some weird errors. I keep getting a scheduling error saying "(league) has not finished in time for the season update day" despite there not being many fixtures. When I manage to get it working, I find in-game that the fixtures are weirdly spread out. Some months only have 2-3 fixtures for some reason.

My next issue is regarding the playoff. The way the league works is the league winner is set as champion and qualifies for the Champions League, and 12 teams go into a playoff with the winner and runner up (or 3rd place if the league champion wins the playoff) also get European qualification. However, I can't get this to occur, with the European spots going to 2nd and 3rd in the league instead. Also, creating a 3rd place playoff seems to break the DB, maybe because of the above scheduling issue.

Does anyone have any idea how to sort these issues? I've attached the file so anyone can take a look. Thanks in advance.

San Marino.fmf 16.65 kB · 1 download

Just for Your knowledge every year fusion dB does the San Marino database with everything real in Terms of rules etc.. You could have a look on that. They already put out the 22-23 file

On 28/12/2022 at 15:29, rmpMarko said:

Just for Your knowledge every year fusion dB does the San Marino database with everything real in Terms of rules etc.. You could have a look on that. They already put out the 22-23 file

The 2 non-EU player rule is non-replicable except for a weird workaround, in my file here and also posted at Fusion. Their official one appears to be more of a port from last season anyway, mine seems to be more accurate for scheduling and other quirks like the new sub rules

Edited by themodelcitizen

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

The 2 non-EU player rule is non-replicable except for a weird workaround, in my file here and also posted at Fusion. Their official one appears to be more of a port from last season anyway, mine seems to be more accurate for scheduling and other quirks like the new sub rules

Im sorry they are normally very accurate. I feel Like If you write in their forum maybe between each other u can come to a Solution. They are always available and polite

On 11/11/2022 at 12:28, Rainbowz said:

San Marino.fmf 16.65 kB · 1 download

Advice for calender dates is to check them on a side like RSSSF and copy from there. They have several seasons so you can do a quick scan where which games would be played. That always helps me keeping the fixture dates more realistic. I think it was Germany that has a setup where you can see every game set so you could copy that setup (similarly that is) and then use RSSSF to set your fxiture. Would be more fun instead of the spread out season.

3 hours ago, rmpMarko said:

Im sorry they are normally very accurate. I feel Like If you write in their forum maybe between each other u can come to a Solution. They are always available and polite

I chatted with them on there, I think both are good long-term DBs. You can download both and compare those details side by side