Lower league matches look more realistic

This year seems to have improved the realism in the lower wrungs of  the game. They play poorly and it looks like a good amount of effort went into it to make it look good. Great improvement!

Edited by McBride

• McBride changed the title to Lower league matches look more realistic
29 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

You're certainly right about that. I'm a veteran LLaMa of over 2 decades and I've never had it so tough. In 2 early trials I got relegated and sacked - twice.

The YouTube LLaMas are finding it tougher too. Brilliant, isn't it?

i also started Loch ness, and this is my status after 2 hours. #freetransferguilty image.thumb.png.62e414221a16c186e6013ce23273c067.png

Edited by dℍaisa

Also became inspired to try a save with Loch Ness but in League 2.  It's absolutely brutal!  Playing with no first transfer window, the team is just not capable at this level.  I'm just hoping I can make it to January without getting sacked.  Although I have just remembered you can play two trialists in each match, which helps a little.4.PNG.8597bcb6edd5c673d66f89c61f878974.PNG

I celebrated the win against Stranraer like we'd won the world cup!

1 minute ago, priority76 said:

Also became inspired to try a save with Loch Ness but in League 2.  It's absolutely brutal!  Playing with no first transfer window, the team is just not capable at this level.  I'm just hoping I can make it to January without getting sacked.  Although I have just remembered you can play two trialists in each match, which helps a little.4.PNG.8597bcb6edd5c673d66f89c61f878974.PNG

I celebrated the win against Stranraer like we'd won the world cup!

I was playing Loch Ness in League Two while I waited for the lower league file to be ready. I got relegated and sacked every time. First time with 0 wins before being fired at Christmas, second time with a couple of wins and making it to losing the play-offs. It's impossible. Fun though! I do recommend you download Mozza's file from Steam.

2 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

Do lower league teams have worse completed passes and passing accuracy this year? I know in 22 things like these were way too high for such lower quality teams. 

Yeah completely sorted now, it was enough for me to stop playing the game entirely last year as seemed absurd. 

48 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

^ Nice. The difference is I'm keeping all the real players. I'm not going to succeed with them!

Weird that you have Scott Morrison as a 40 year old keeper - he's actually a 30-something midfielder!

Ya. But free transfer wont help after promotion. Unattached players are avg highland level at best in scotland

Edited by dℍaisa

Popping in to say I think I've cracked it!

I have played over 100 games with my part-time club, getting sacked and abandoning trial saves time and again, always trying out different combinations of players, formations and tactics.

Basically, I have identified two key matters to take into account more so this iteration than ever before.

1. I finally figured out that "it's not me; it's them!" By that I mean, for part-timers who don't respect your absence of experience, gaining tactical familiarity and cohesion and responding to you as a manager, takes a long time. You might have a good tactic, but it will take many games for that to become apparent - by which time morale will be in the red zone, and you've lost the dressing room and fans anyway!

2. The other thing I've discovered is that finding the optimum tactic is very much about identifying the weaknesses (and strengths, if any) of your squad. There's no plug-n-play road to success that I can see (not that I've looked at any alleged downloadable shortcuts). In my specific case (and I'm playing by rules that I can't change the squad I inherit), the squad is very old and is low on stamina, plus we can't do the basics in defending or passing. It all looked hopeless until I hit on an extremely defensive set up that conserves energy. With the structure being defensively solid, it doesn't need a defensive mentality because it's already baked in, so I go with positive mentality, and it seems to have achieved the right balance.

nb it's a 3 CDs, 2 DMs, 2 MCs, an AMC and 2 STs 'force inside and pounce' set-up. It won't work for you because your weaknesses won't be the same.

So really, LLaMa is much harder this time because it is far more realistic than ever before. You have to put in the hard yards and have patience if you don't want to exploit loopholes like being able to recruit better players you'd never find in real life.

4 minutes ago, Conardo said:

btw, I want our LLM forum back! :)

And everyone who looks into the tactics forum is kicked out :P

Actually, not a bad idea if run by different people. It all got too cultish in the old one. But playing the game the 'proper' way is vastly more interesting in FM23 and I think there will be a surge of popularity. In the meantime, something that wasn't around in those days are all the YouTube LLaMas - some great ones there.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb phnompenhandy:

Actually, not a bad idea if run by different people. It all got too cultish in the old one. But playing the game the 'proper' way is vastly more interesting in FM23 and I think there will be a surge of popularity. In the meantime, something that wasn't around in those days are all the YouTube LLaMas - some great ones there.

I remember the good old LLM stories e.g. about Billericay Town F.C. ....