Ethnicity issue

alian62

Hi

I have created a new country with great success using the Untied Kingdom as the base . My new country is Western Australia which like Australia now plays in the Asian Champ league and others etc . Just like Australia we are an English speaking country etc with 98% Caucasian population with Italian,  Greek , British , Irish influences . I would say in real life in our teams we would have an Asian influence for sure but im finding that all my Regens coming through are predominantly Asian or Asian Surnames. Is there a way to get it to a more real life level . My continent is set to Asia of course and my language us set at 100% English . 

I don't have the answer but I have some questions because I wonder about a couple of your settings. 

1. What's the region? Southeast Asia?
  2. How many created players do you have or 'real' players with changed nationality? I'm not entirely sure this helps unfortunately but it needs to be clarified. 

I know this has been discussed at length over the years but there doesn't seem to a good answer. Some of it is obviously hidden from us which is a pain in the...

I meant players that existed that you changed the nationality of. 

Because basically I think there's a difference if you need eg. 200 players to flip he regen pool or if it's never gonna happen. 

24 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Yeah South East Asia . Its not the nationality that changes just the names.  So they are born here but have Asian names which is ok of course but its every regen 

That may be the reason then. Try setting the region to Oceania instead. IIRC Australia is set to Continent = Asia and Region = Oceania.

You might end up with various Oceanic names, both Australian, New Zealandish or from the Pacfic Islanders. Since that fits for Australia, I assume it will work for you. Ethnicity might also be varied according Oceanian setup.

It is what I am seeing in my Soviet Union setup as well.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

You might end up with various Oceanic names, both Australian, New Zealandish or from the Pacfic Islanders. Since that fits for Australia, I assume it will work for you. Ethnicity might also be varied according Oceanian setup.

It is what I am seeing in my Soviet Union setup as well.

Yeah it would be a better fit i think . Have tested it and seems better so far