Adding u19s Cups/ Reserves Cups

Oggimon

I am also looking at adding u19s and Reserves Cups to the existing and added leagues. When I try adding a competition, the only options that come are PROPER cups, which means they double up. I know this has to be wrong. 

Am I meant to create my own competition or do I need to add the competitions to the overall pyramid structure so that it can be seen and found?

I am just unsure how to make it available or assign it specifically.

Any assistance is welcome.
Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 18/11/2022 at 01:17, Oggimon said:

I am also looking at adding u19s and Reserves Cups to the existing and added leagues. When I try adding a competition, the only options that come are PROPER cups, which means they double up. I know this has to be wrong. 

Am I meant to create my own competition or do I need to add the competitions to the overall pyramid structure so that it can be seen and found?

I am just unsure how to make it available or assign it specifically.

Any assistance is welcome.
Thanks

U need to open the file of Your league then go on database and on the competitions side select the country. 

You take an exctinced league or cup and edit. Change name and set it as "u21 division" or cup, then u go to every main team that has his under or reserve in that cup, on reserve team,tick First option and choose thr youth team, it Will appear scrolling down on the page of the main team, select and set the competition as the one u edited before. Do it for all teams. Then on the Advanced rules add the competition in the list, in the competitions and on the reserve list that is under the country u r acting. There u need to set up custom rules. 

U can even create a promotion relegation system between youth leagues

• 1 year later...
On 02/01/2023 at 06:36, rmpMarko said:

U can even create a promotion relegation system between youth leagues

This is exactly what I was about to ask, I setup a two tier system for U21, distributed the U21 teams mimicking the senior divisions, but have a few bugs that I'm not sure how to fix.

- At the end of the season, senior leagues teams from Tier 3 (which don't have U21) are promoted to tier 2, however this doesn't reflect on the youth leagues, and on the second year of the simulation, end up with newly promoted to tier 2 senior teams with U21 squads that are not participating anywhere and newly demoted tier 3 teams with U21 squads participating on Youth leagues that shouldn't have.

- Might be minor detail, but I'm guessing is linked to the main problem, when setting up the Youth divisions, I have 18 teams by tier (1 and 2) but I have to setup the max number of teams by division to 36 other wise, the verification test errors out.

Any help would be appreciated (screenshots if possible-pretty please), sorry @Oggimon for hijacking your thread, hope this is helpful for you too.

Edited by RodTheCid

On 13/02/2024 at 08:50, RodTheCid said:

This is exactly what I was about to ask, I setup a two tier system for U21, distributed the U21 teams mimicking the senior divisions, but have a few bugs that I'm not sure how to fix.

- At the end of the season, senior leagues teams from Tier 3 (which don't have U21) are promoted to tier 2, however this doesn't reflect on the youth leagues, and on the second year of the simulation, end up with newly promoted to tier 2 senior teams with U21 squads that are not participating anywhere and newly demoted tier 3 teams with U21 squads participating on Youth leagues that shouldn't have.

- Might be minor detail, but I'm guessing is linked to the main problem, when setting up the Youth divisions, I have 18 teams by tier (1 and 2) but I have to setup the max number of teams by division to 36 other wise, the verification test errors out.

Any help would be appreciated (screenshots if possible-pretty please), sorry @Oggimon for hijacking your thread, hope this is helpful for you too.

Under "teams", could you call all teams from div 2 but use "team type" u21? Then it should set up using the fresh batch of teams from tier 2 each season

Thanks @themodelcitizen, at the end, I realized that I was over complicating a section of "my universe" unnecessarily, I reached a solution that I believe serves it's purpose and it's a lot less complicated, elegant if you will. This is what I did...

The whole idea is that I didn't want U21s and U18 that were just mirrors of the senior divisions (that's boring and kinda' pulls me out of the immersion) and also didn't want the lower divisions to suffer the budget cost of keeping full squads for youngsters divisions, but more than anything I wanted a League structure that promotes young talent (home-grown) and the under age divisions are the spearhead of it.

First I setup U21 reserve division as regional, but limited to only tiers 1 and 2 which both are 18 teams each, hence setup two regional groups of 18 teams and let the FM24  gods to pick teams by region, in that way there's a good mix of teams from both tiers on each group and makes it different from the senior leagues.

In the same way U18 is setup as regional division of 16 teams, these are mandatory for tiers 1, 2 and 3

Tier 3 and 4 senior leagues will have registration restrictions regarding a max of non-home grown players and foreigners

Tier 4 teams do not participate on the reserve divisions and senior squad registration will have an additional rule for max of over-age players (maybe O24, haven't decided yet)

One additional thing that I'm still figuring out is to add rules for the U21 division where teams can use 3 or 4 O21 players for match squad, this as a way of getting senior squad members to maintain form or back to form when coming back from injury

I'll add screenshots later if anybody is curious on how I'm doing all this, thanks for reading my ramblings

TL;DR - found a different wat to make it work

Edited by RodTheCid