Wrong teams qualify for post season competition. HELP!

Slyfiskmand

Hi lads,

I made a custom post season playoff competition (for my custom MLS) where I wanted the top 8 teams of the Eastern and Western Conference to qualify for the playoffs.

I've done this no problem.

However, the game fetches the best rated teams, instead of those that finish in the top 8, regardless of where they finish. As an example, FC Dallas (who finished 13th) qualified for the playoffs based on their reputation and not league position.

In advanced rules, I've been playing around with the settings but despite that I can't seem to make it work.

Any idea boys?

image.png.e2f915b00b78510138d364863c1778f6.pngimage.png.d59fb1419ec268063da07f36c1dec104.png

17 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Your team asks for 8 teams, but you need to set that more specific. In the team setting you can specifiy which positions qualify. You need to set 0 (highest) to 7 (lowest) for that.

Thanks for replying, bud.

Which option should I pick?

image.png.73623849c57863c59eb7f8e88f6ab9c1.pngimage.png.80bb6be652f4eaa47c08777d090fdee2.pngimage.png.6a1d0567106f55b442b194f229a766bd.pngimage.png.089df3a4b6566a03ab17f3332e25f5b3.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Slyfiskmand

You could also have done it by just choosing Get Qualified Teams For Comp.

By putting the MLS conferences in there you're getting teams qualified for those competitions (ie. all the teams in them), by leaving that blank it would be teams qualified for the cup. Then assuming you've set up qualification in the MLS itself it would work fine. You could use seedings to split the conferences, eg. qualify teams from the east with seeding 0 and the west with seeding 1. Then you're Get Qualified Teams For Comp instructions would just specify which seeding they want.

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2022 at 00:48, rusty217 said:

You could also have done it by just choosing Get Qualified Teams For Comp.

By putting the MLS conferences in there you're getting teams qualified for those competitions (ie. all the teams in them), by leaving that blank it would be teams qualified for the cup. Then assuming you've set up qualification in the MLS itself it would work fine. You could use seedings to split the conferences, eg. qualify teams from the east with seeding 0 and the west with seeding 1. Then you're Get Qualified Teams For Comp instructions would just specify which seeding they want.

Hi mate, thanks for that, will give it a go!

Setting up qualifying in the conferences themselves will likely act better in-game too. This may be way too editor-speak to make sense, but then the game (and your Board) will "know" you're on course to qualify for that postseason comp and treat things accordingly (including Board confidence). Just asking it to get league stage teams might not have the same effect (at least not until the regular season is over)