AFC Wimbledon - Bringing glory days of the Crazy Gang back to the fans.

Pearomaniac

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Now Quansah would've been an incredible signing! Maybe next year?

Ah i doubt he will be available next year, will see what happens till december, maybe i get him then if i improve my stature in the league.

Premier League Season 3

Match #8 Everton HOME

So i believe this is the first match ever in the PL where i am thoughted as a favorite. And considering i noticed that Everton is struggling to survive for the last couple of seasons i expected a win too.

favorit.png.43deecb5aa8a4f4d149e521d0fa12865.png

And a win we got, match that reminded me of the old days when we controlled the pace of the match and never had our goal endangered.

evert.png.a9bd58148a2a402ed0923a1351679704.png

Edited by Pearomaniac

I really dont remember when i had this many players called up for international duty. I know, a lot of foreigners but what can i do :)

Untitled.png.09e3fd474ca4ae9feb2da976d591e3f1.png

I was surprised when i saw Abdillah got an England call up but it seems Swansea was his first pro club in his career although he was borne in Indonesia.

So my contract was expiring in couple of months and board approached me asking for a meeting discussing a new one.

image.png.b683d21f34c867d6c510de043bcbd3e7.png

So we have a sit down and things go pretty straightforward.

contr2.png.08fb24755ed2357784f080ee57494ee3.png

Of course im interested, i havent done my job here.

contr3.png.32503aee4791bfc2202fb8bcc6c8c5cf.png

They seem overjoyed with that.

contr4.png.b14a037ac3abbcb1c8e1b157f59c0599.png

So this is the offer they originally offered me. I lowered my wage to around 11K since theres no really use of it  in the game, and i asked for 5 years length which they agreed on.

contrac.thumb.png.6cd8598a22076dc2fe928624f6b1c82d.png

This is how the final contract looked

contr6.png.08d69162e028ea1ca6166a7ce247e575.png

1 minute ago, Stuniverse said:

Congratulations on your new contract, @Pearomaniac

Very well deserved.

Thanks mate, five more years in rainy London. :) Wish you could do something with the money u receive as salary in the game. This way the salary gives me no joy, i just want the length to be as long is possible.

Premier League Season 3

Match #15 Watford HOME

karta.png.dfb6c6ab357debc9521be4d48f40d94d.png

Holly crap i charge 49 euros for a ticket? Damn, inflation is killing us. Anyway, after three unpleasant losses in a row i finally find a way to win

porazi.png.5d6e19eadaff0d66e1fb3a534d2e01e1.png

Our victim was Watford, 4 goals in their net was more then enough for the win and having player less did not helped them in improving the result

15th.png.ae0d505b00c61e31f5c60198148f2e3b.png

This is how the PL table looks after 15 matches in the season.

tabela.thumb.png.6f9d4c2dffa585fb8304771c534b3d75.png

Edited by Pearomaniac

Premier League Season 3

Match #17 Brighton HOME

brajton.png.ba4323c60c856e231717897b9356d7a2.png

Wow, never had a run like this in the PL, three matches won in a row, one goal conceded, next opponent is Chelsea :D 

brajton2.png.9e1d125a28dc31e73a1076d2d95524ee.png

Another brace for Pepple, he is been playing this season brilliantly with 11 goals in 18 matches.

Screenshot2023-02-22100335.png.cc4224a0e93c68da4b491d987453189c.png

Thats being equal with top scorers in the PL, at least all normal scorers.

golovi.png.f7a3a1aed80b75a5d75cc3096b4c9bb8.png

Edited by Pearomaniac

OK you have to be kidding me, this is the third season in a row where im getting a PL club in the firs FA Cup match and this season its Liverpool. Unbelivable, sometimes i think game is messing with me with these draws.

lfc.png.dfbe20a5c24bb7d938b6f8f22f4a05cb.png

Screenshot2023-02-22102859.png.4f397fee1ee439caf827e67f4d34fe96.png

It has been a while since i struck a deal for these players but we have been waiting for next transfer period and it has finally come. Couple of packages were delivered at the door of Cherry Red Records stadium just for the start of new year.

novi.png.2c76316704e15f92aa504d804abd7251.png

gomez.thumb.png.27ecdd0a104b8987d77683f35f99a761.png

gelha.thumb.png.a5c94c542105bab612b1fad46f29a4b4.png

I have been massively dissapointed by the involvement and participation my CM had in the attack. I was not expecting him to have like 30 assists per season but i surely expected more involvement in the attack. As you can see by his ratings he is far from a bad player and in his prime years.

Screenshot2023-02-23003200.thumb.png.d32f0a39e273bb55f4c952b6837f09b5.png

forma.png.f966019352aa48a6c0a224fe0104eeb1.png

I guess his involvement in attack would change if i set him to be attacking minded instead of supporting but in that case would that mean that he would neglect the defense completely?

That's the question i have for u two, help out. @Punch @Stuniverse

Of course, anyone else who has an opinion feel free to share here.

2 minutes ago, Pearomaniac said:

I guess his involvement in attack would change if i set him to be attacking minded instead of supporting but in that case would that mean that he would neglect the defense completely?

That's the question i have for u two, help out. 

In the Guernsey save, I play a 4231 tactic, and the majority  of assists come from the front four, followed by the left/right backs.

I find the middle two play more a distribution role to the forwards, who are the creators, which unfortunately means they don't get the last pass to be credited with an assist, no matter how important their pass was to set the attack in motion.

I tend to think of the central mids as the bridge between your defence and attack. They are there to do the grunt work of helping break up opposing attacks, while turning you around and getting forward again. While the forwards get all the glory (read: stats) in a four man front line.

See if you can check out some other stats, like passes attempted/completed/%, progressive passes, key passes, pressures attempted/completed, possessions won, tackle ratio, interceptions etc. Take a looks at one of my monthly reports at the midfield stats for the things I am looking for, and see if that helps. For me, I find these more important than assists for a C(M)...at least in my tactic.

36 minutes ago, Punch said:

In the Guernsey save, I play a 4231 tactic, and the majority  of assists come from the front four, followed by the left/right backs.

I find the middle two play more a distribution role to the forwards, who are the creators, which unfortunately means they don't get the last pass to be credited with an assist, no matter how important their pass was to set the attack in motion.

I tend to think of the central mids as the bridge between your defence and attack. They are there to do the grunt work of helping break up opposing attacks, while turning you around and getting forward again. While the forwards get all the glory (read: stats) in a four man front line.

See if you can check out some other stats, like passes attempted/completed/%, progressive passes, key passes, pressures attempted/completed, possessions won, tackle ratio, interceptions etc. Take a looks at one of my monthly reports at the midfield stats for the things I am looking for, and see if that helps. For me, I find these more important than assists for a C(M)...at least in my tactic.

I just think he underperformed. I change his position to RPM to see what happens. 11 key passes tho, i guess those are passes that lead to an assist i think.

Premier League Season 3

Match #33 Fulham HOME

Another one, absolute beauty.

fulham.png.68095e523c5d5e760fe95885a9a135ec.png

And this is how the table looks like after 30 something matches in the league.

tabla.thumb.png.a2a8f4430380a65ab66541ad0d2ec796.png

EDIT: Sorry i didnt had a ticket for this one, stewards let me in. :(

Edited by Pearomaniac

13 minutes ago, Pearomaniac said:

I just think he underperformed. I change his position to RPM to see what happens. 11 key passes tho, i guess those are passes that lead to an assist i think.

A key pass is a pass/cross that leads to a goal scoring opportunity, but not necessarily a goal.

2 minutes ago, Punch said:

A key pass is a pass/cross that leads to a goal scoring opportunity, but not necessarily a goal.

aaah ok, thats eve worse, hes been useless. :( I feel betrayed, i expected so much from him, especially i saw him doing so well in friendlies. 

Premier League Season 3

Preview Match #34 Tottenham AWAY

OK, i never actually thought of that but we are on the verge of playing in Europe competition. My next match is against Tottenham, my closest competitor for that spot and it looks like its going to be a fierce battle. They have somewhat more difficult schedule for the rest of the season like playing home against Newcastle and even hosting a derby against Arsenal. I have also arsenal but PL is the only competition i am playing while Tottenham is involved in the Conference League semifinal matches so there is a chance and hope.

tottenham.png.a94956c0763e89d239d8635ed0823a1a.png

tabela34.thumb.png.97cad5eb6ce0bdc798a88c6803748a46.png

Also, A. Pepple is on the verge of breaking a record at most POM awards, he is already equal with it, just one match away from the record. Honestly, the way he was playing this season he deserved much more than that.

rekord.png.c4bf141ff868b5905448319ed707a8aa.png

19 minutes ago, Pearomaniac said:

aaah ok, thats eve worse, hes been useless. :( I feel betrayed, i expected so much from him, especially i saw him doing so well in friendlies. 

SEPStatsMF.thumb.png.26952792d4a1657de76b1e5654aa62a1.png

For some comparison, after 12 games my best M(C) is currently running 1.96 key passes per 90 minutes, so nearly two key passes per game, but has zero assists.

In fact, none of my M(C) players have an assist, but they are all around the two key passes per game.

7 hours ago, Pearomaniac said:

I have been massively dissapointed by the involvement and participation my CM had in the attack. I was not expecting him to have like 30 assists per season but i surely expected more involvement in the attack. As you can see by his ratings he is far from a bad player and in his prime years.

Screenshot2023-02-23003200.thumb.png.d32f0a39e273bb55f4c952b6837f09b5.png

forma.png.f966019352aa48a6c0a224fe0104eeb1.png

That's the question i have for u two, help out. @Punch @Stuniverse

Of course, anyone else who has an opinion feel free to share here.

Have you tried Diaz with an Attacking role at Advanced Playmaker rather than Support, @Pearomaniac?

I guess it depends what you want from him. As an AP then he’ll mainly pass the ball around in advanced areas. If that’s what you want, daft as it sounds, you may get more out of him as a DLP where he’ll play deeper and spray passes around with, hopefully, more space to work in and time on the ball. A DLP would allow you to play him alongside your BWM rather than in front of him where I suspect they may get in each others way.

If you want him to do more than just pass, then AP, or even DLP, might not be the best role for him.

I also think there’s an option somewhere in the tactics for the team I think, but possibly also for individual players possibly, to pass the ball to your playmaker. Might be worth trying that as you’ll get more out of him, assuming he’s good enough, if he gets on the ball more.

Good luck 🍀🤞

Edited by Stuniverse

7 hours ago, Pearomaniac said:

Yes, they lead directly to potential goal scoring opportunities @Pearomaniac and become assists if a goal is scored.

Edited by Stuniverse

6 hours ago, Pearomaniac said:

It seems that i have became a stable PL team one year a head of schedule. Love to tick off this short term goals.

Another good season in progress, @Pearomaniac.

Five games to go and we’ll placed for European qualification.

Good luck 🍀🤞

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Have you tried Diaz with an Attacking role at Advanced Playmaker rather than Support, @Pearomaniac?

I guess it depends what you want from him. As an AP then he’ll mainly pass the ball around in advanced areas. If that’s what you want, daft as it sounds, you may get more out of him as a DLP where he’ll play deeper and spray passes around with, hopefully, more space to work in and time on the ball. A DLP would allow you to play him alongside your BWM rather than in front of him where I suspect they may get in each others way.

If you want him to do more than just pass, then AP, or even DLP, might not be the best role for him.

Good luck 🍀🤞

I did wanted to give him an attacking role as AP but i was too afraid he might be too attacking and not helping the defense at all so i went with Roaming PM.

I also think there’s an option somewhere in the tactics for the team I think, but possibly also for individual players possibly, to pass the ball to your playmaker. Might be worth trying that as you’ll get more out of him, assuming he’s good enough, if he gets on the ball more.

I am positive something like this existed before but not really sure about it now.

EDIT: Found it, there is option "distribute to playmaker", my stupid ass just thought those instructions are meant for the goalkeeper.

Edited by Pearomaniac

16 minutes ago, Pearomaniac said:

EDIT: Found it, there is option "distribute to playmaker", my stupid ass just thought those instructions are meant for the goalkeeper.

Excellent. For future reference, @Pearomaniac, where in the tactics screen is it?

Premier League Season 3

Match #35 Brentford HOME

brentford.png.3c73840f2eac770d0883db96c77b72f5.png

Wow, terrible match, probably the worst match of the season. Only goal conceded was the one scored from the free kick some 18 metres from the goal and thats it, from that moment on we threatened them once and thats it.

Screenshot2023-02-23101810.png.77364a16547c344796e505ebb0325e20.png

At least they are trying to save themselves from the relegation.

Screenshot2023-02-23102328.thumb.png.ca704657c5ebaade5410018e7e219cd7.png

Premier League Season 3

Match #38 Arsenal AWAY

arsen.png.b2febd4a8e7e33705cebfb992dec1924.png

So that would be it then, i wish we had a better finish to the season but it is what it is. See you all in the season review coming soon.

Untitled.png.4af80384352490c6b2883fbde860126b.png

kraj.thumb.png.fda4caa7e03f1691aff9ddacd8fc8d87.png

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up @Stuniverse

Edited by Pearomaniac

Premier League Season 3

Season Review

s.png.433276f6b6e79c08f32325d8cd6be9ef.png

So another season is behind us and quite a good one. Lets check out the transfers we made. Although i expected a lot from Fabricio Diaz i was dearly dissapointed with him but im even more surprised with Taarabt being named the signing of the season.

ss.thumb.png.fe31519846a84cd2d1e5fcc67a1cb7ef.png

Had some really really good matches this season.

ssad.png.4c165d84cf5c1c12c8e394d0a9148496.png

Finances were not so great, i expected more but i guess thats because of early falling out of cup competitions.

ssds.thumb.png.3916c7950e9735d1917023100dec7c22.png

Top 10 placed team in the PL in its 3rd season in the league, cant say i am not overjoyed with that.

ssd.thumb.png.9b8a2a5c1ff7c3892faeda9ad26cbdc0.png

Now when u take a look at the team that played most of the season i see that they were all mediocre except Pepple who lead the goal scorings in my team.

ssfss.png.57e0bf579f328f4e6e85badf2fdff129.png

And of course, player of the season and best scorer of the club Aribim Pepple. His best season in his career so far.

fffs.png.a470608d0e342e0129ee3ea1abf30a0b.png

14 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

What was the result against Arsenal?

Think you may have uploaded the preview screenshots, @Pearomaniac not the post-games ones.

Damn it, youre right. And i deleted all screenshots. Will fix something up. Thanks.

At least now i know someone is paying attention to this topic :D

Just now, Pearomaniac said:

Damn it, youre right. And i deleted all screenshots. Will fix something up. Thanks.

At least now i know someone is paying attention to this topic :D

😂🤣

21 hours ago, Pearomaniac said:

We are like that :)

best.png.09443056f8d5ca661d0b65642359d1ec.png

14 hours ago, Pearomaniac said:

So another season is behind us and quite a good one.

Spoiler

Top 10 placed team in the PL in its 3rd season in the league, cant say i am not overjoyed with that.

A good season for AFC Wimbledon, @Pearomaniac. Congratulations.

Are you happy with it? What are your thoughts on it? From the outside, results seemed to fall off a bit at the end.

What are your plans for the summer in readiness for next season?

Reveal hidden contents

Top 10 placed team in the PL in its 3rd season in the league, cant say i am not overjoyed with that.

A good season for AFC Wimbledon, @Pearomaniac. Congratulations.

Are you happy with it? What are your thoughts on it? From the outside, results seemed to fall off a bit at the end.

What are your plans for the summer in readiness for next season?

Yes, sure im happy. I wasnt expecting to end up this high. With the signings i plan to bring in i expect Europe and to finally go to top 8 of the FA Cup, at least. We went to training camp to China, want to be well prepared for the season start so i will play as many friendly matches i could push in in one month before the season.

Main positions i look to improve are CMF. DMF and LB. I have decent players at CM/DMF but thats about it, i want more from them so thats why im looking for a top player transfer and im going to look into newly relegated Watford for that. If i sell Abdillah i will probably bring in a Drogba like striker if i can.

EDIT: And yes, results fall off at the end of the season, we literally saved Brentford from the relegation when they were second to last by losing home to them, and then another poor result against Wolverhampton which was 18th at that time. Weird.

Edited by Pearomaniac

Preseason Review

FRIENDLIES

A lot of friendlies played and a lot of players tried out, i know what to expect from who.

friendly.png.8c13f94af2f171b1e9fa4eeaf5dee1be.png

TRANSFERS OUT

Irfan Abdillah ST - Stuttgart - €43.500.000

prodaja.png.e7cd676b100bcc9dc8367b38294bac0b.png

Jonathan Villa CD - Villareal - €32.000.000

prod.png.a4fb69e1d88872e7433b0800c62a705e.png

TRANSFERS IN

Jorrel Hato LB - Brentford - €4.000.000

hato.thumb.png.a30cdcb8da80a2d2745114ff8e188e0a.png

Fiacre Kirkland ST - Man. City - €39.000.000

kirkland.thumb.png.fad694e8448a7ddba8d7c810bd966c33.png

Kobbie Mainoo CM - Watford - €50.000.000

mainoo.thumb.png.622fc73e69a273e7c66c28df6bc5e8ff.png

Junior Do Marcolino DM - €26.000.000

marcolino.thumb.png.bee25cc147e60d21223b7b2f6ead90c0.png

This is the first season where i have splashed so much money on transfers and i am for the first time expecting A LOT from the team. I want good season in the cups and i want European competition next season. I replaced Irfan Abdillah with what i saw as lite version of Diddier Drogba and i hope he steps it up :D I was not looking for wingers and defenders as i think defense is good as it is since i have young players there that are about to improve, and wingers honestly i have overlooked :( AMR i have Radmore and Pepple but Pepple played 90% of matches for me as striker and on the AML i have Johnston and Gordon and if any of them gets injured its going to be interesting.

Anyway, the season is about to start and it is newly promoted Leicester. Wish me luck.

Untitled.png.b76dd0aefbb2e6a85438997f110a7155.png

1 minute ago, Pearomaniac said:

A lot of friendlies played and a lot of players tried out, i know what to expect from who.

A very good set of results there, @Pearomaniac. Excellent.

I notice you have Kaide Gordon playing for you. How’s he doing?