Match 4: USA vs Cymru 7pm GMT Kick off on ITV at the Ahmad bin Ali Stadium

Confused Clarity

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not watch the same match as I did.

This was a different type of American team that delivered that very familiar result. The start of the game showed what this group of U.S. players can be, should be and likely will be.

They were bold. They were aggressive. There were stretches of domination. This was a fast, young, exciting and attacking team. This was 24-year-old Christian Pulisic showing every bit the superstardom that has long been promised of him, only now with the country watching.

This was the kind of soccer team that speaks to American sensibilities — confident and charismatic. It is a group that the country could rally around regardless of their technical knowledge.

I don't want to start the match thread, but I'll be in bed asleep during the game against England, so thought I'd just post in here. Fully expecting us to get thrashed. 4-1 sounds about right. Could definitely see us sneaking one against their defense, but also wouldn't be surprised to see a scoreline similar to Spain-Costa Rica.

Just now, thomyorkessoul said:

I don't want to start the match thread, but I'll be in bed asleep during the game against England, so thought I'd just post in here. Fully expecting us to get thrashed. 4-1 sounds about right. Could definitely see us sneaking one against their defense, but also wouldn't be surprised to see a scoreline similar to Spain-Costa Rica.

You're not that bad, surely? 

18 minutes ago, thomyorkessoul said:

I hope you are right and we will with ease. But i think it will be very tough