How often do Match Practice in Training?

How often is it good to do a Match Practice session in Training? Do one before every match (in one match weeks, and probably none in two-match weeks)? I've seen some user-made Training schedules that omit it entirely.

How often do real football teams do match practice?

Edited by Ron Wandle

32 minutes ago, molsen said:

Imo match practise substitutes a full match in terms of workload, so I only use it in weeks where there are no other fixtures. 

So you don't use it very often, since most weeks in a season will have matches?

I've set it to have a Match Practice every time there isn't a game, based on a two-game week. So one Match Practice in a 1-match week and no Match Practice in a 2-game week.

I notice that the default Tactical Style Training templates have a Match Practice session, but the Training Style ones do not.

1 hour ago, Ron Wandle said:

So you don't use it very often, since most weeks in a season will have matches?

I've set it to have a Match Practice every time there isn't a game, based on a two-game week. So one Match Practice in a 1-match week and no Match Practice in a 2-game week.

I notice that the default Tactical Style Training templates have a Match Practice session, but the Training Style ones do not.

match practice is best used in pre-season to get tactical familiarity and team cohesion up fast. During the season I use the other match preps, def, teamwork,attack to get advantages for the matches.

Some pro players recommend once per week (with one game that week), because it's so useful. Some even say do it with two games per week.

It really boosts a wide range of attributes nicely, increases team cohesion, develops formation familiarity. Just need to do enough rest the day after.

21 hours ago, zindrinho said:

match practice is best used in pre-season to get tactical familiarity and team cohesion up fast. 

Isn't that what pre-season friendlies are for? (Not that one can't also do Match Practice session in pre-season.)

18 hours ago, 2feet said:

Some pro players recommend once per week (with one game that week), because it's so useful. Some even say do it with two games per week.

It really boosts a wide range of attributes nicely, increases team cohesion, develops formation familiarity. Just need to do enough rest the day after.

So it would seem to be okay to do them every week then. I haven't set a Recovery session after, though. The default Training schedules with Match Practice don't have Recovery sessions.

1 hour ago, Ron Wandle said:

Isn't that what pre-season friendlies are for? (Not that one can't also do Match Practice session in pre-season.)

It just goes up so much faster with match practice training schedules in addition to the friendlies.

I dont do them during the season because they increase fatigue, I usually play 2 games a week so there's no time for match practice when I do the other match preps as well for bonuses in the next match.

If you play 0 or 1 game pr week I'm sure it could be a good idea as cadoni says.

I found a schedule that is working for me, it has a 1 and 2 games a week plan.

It mostly consists of offensive, defensive and matchprep. It does the job without making it complicated. It does require you to set pos/rol/dut + focus, set the highest segment under pause to double and set all to automatic.

After that you just copy the schedule in the training calender and rotate your squad.

Aditional physical training is only applied in preseason.

a) When building a training schedule you want to max the 'attribute: indiv. role' time.

The most efficient drill is the pratice match, but that has a high load, so put 1 only and only if 1 game only.

Second highest is already the match prep off/def with a 60/20/20 split. If you even it out, you get a 40/40/20 split and only little load comes with it.

b) You wanna also have the dark blue off and def. Those do concentrate more on certain attributes, as outfield would do. They come in mid dose of load and provide you with a 40/40/20 split on average.

Athletics in the beginning of the week, already gives you just that little bit of tickling at the physical attributes to let them grow enough.

1. Focus on technical and individual training, the mental and physical attributes will grow anyway.

2. Don't overwork the loads in both playing and training.

-> Results are great. Gains.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/22870-quickfire-questions-and-answers-thread-tactic-and-training-questions-only/?do=findComment&comment=13829168

Match Practise is the first session I look to put into my weekly schedule. If I can fit two sessions in a week i will. I just don’t use them they day before or after a match. I only use sessions that focus on the players individual role and tactical familiarity/cohesion. So, sessions from the match preparation section. Goalkeeper sessions are good as outfield players will concentrate on individual roles. Sometimes players moan about strength work, so i might use and one of those. Also Team Bonding for team cohesion. 

I use match practice during the week as well, it’s efficient, focusing on the roles. And, you can always add one recovery session on the same day that reduces the risk of injury.  It’s my must have session in the trading schedule that I have. The rest of the sessions lead to a fairly balanced training schedule which I go on to use every week. I have yet to encounter major injury issues.