John Fashanu is suddenly an authority on homophobia in football, defends Qatar from protests

Heartwork

Considering the man disowned his own brother for being gay after trying to buy his silence, actively contributed to Justin's eventual suicide by publicly shunning him, and to this day claims he was just faking it for attention, I'd say John Fashanu is the last person I'd want to speak to about addressing homophobia. But with that said it's no surprise whatsoever that he's on Qatar's side here. Maybe he's hoping they'll send some money his way.

I watched the Crazy Gang documentary (on BT sport i think?) He came across so badly in that, mainly from stories in his own words with no remorse for the way he treated teammates back then. Others in the doc are shameful for some of the stuff they did in that period or at the very least try not to glamorise it.

Fashanu is 'yeah i used to bully and beat the **** out of teammates to see if they were tough enough to run with me'. a couple of specific stories were pretty shocking.