[FM23 WIP] New Zealand Football League System 2023 onwards

Since the data editor for FM 23 has been out I have been working hard to get a NZ league update out to the community. I have rebuilt the database from scratch and edited a few community files to try to get it all together and working. I believe all the competitions have their correct names and pretty much replicate the real life systems with their actual teams. I have also compiled extensive competition histories where possible as sometimes it isn't always easy to find this information on the Internet.

The only thing I cannot figure out is how to integrate the Northern, Central and Southern Leagues under the National League system. Every time I verify the rules these divisions revert to domestic top division in the database and then the division does not show up in the game as there are multiple domestic top divisions. This could be a bug with the editor? I had it working and then this error started happening. I also have not being able to get the Wellington Phoenix Reserves team permanently playing in the Championship phase of the National League. Maybe that has something to do with the team being based in Australia?

Other than that I have the Oceania Champions League (real life format) and FIFA Club World Championship (7 team format) working with the file, usually with Auckland City winning the O-League and then representing Oceania at the Club World Cup. I have set the venue for the Club World Cup in 2022 for United States as the venue has yet to be announced but that is the rumour, and from 2023 and thereafter in Japan, as like in old times. I have edited the FM Scout name change files so that the competition names are updated in game. If someone can take a look at the issue with the top divisions in the NZ league file I would appreciate that a lot. Thanks in advance!

New Zealand League without top division.fmf Oceania Champions League.fmf FIFA Club World Cup (7 team format).fmf Florida Cup.fmf

FM23 Club Names by FMScout.lnc FM23 Fix by FMScout.lnc

Edited by jimdownunder

I don't know much about the data editor but I'm so glad someone is doing this. In previous FMs i've tried to do a Wellington Phoenix/NZ save with NZ in AFC where I just try to advance NZ football as far as possible. I've always just used other posts online, but they have never had the nix reserves fully intergrated with the nix first team. So I wouldn't be able to move players between the reserves and first team. Will this be possible in this version?

Great work btw, hopefully sega can officially add the system in the coming years, sorry I can't be much help.

5 hours ago, alexobc said:

I don't know much about the data editor but I'm so glad someone is doing this. In previous FMs i've tried to do a Wellington Phoenix/NZ save with NZ in AFC where I just try to advance NZ football as far as possible. I've always just used other posts online, but they have never had the nix reserves fully intergrated with the nix first team. So I wouldn't be able to move players between the reserves and first team. Will this be possible in this version?

Great work btw, hopefully sega can officially add the system in the coming years, sorry I can't be much help.

@limonezz and @ratio1618 made a wonderful NZ file last year recreating the whole structure and every tiny detail (including WP reserves). Hopefully they'll update for FM 23 at some point. OP doing a great job this year!

Edited by kandersson

On 28/11/2022 at 10:15, kandersson said:

@limonezz and @ratio1618 made a wonderful NZ file last year recreating the whole structure and every tiny detail (including WP reserves). Hopefully they'll update for FM 23 at some point. OP doing a great job this year!

I have replicated this system but with a few updates and included all the 2022 league promotions and relegations ready for the 2023 season. I included all regional cups with their histories as well and have updated team uniforms as well for the lower division teams. There is a national secondary schools championship that plays in the background each year as well as the new national youth league. I am still facing the same problems as before. I cannot get the Northern, Central and Southern League to not be domestic top divisions when I test the advanced rules. All the intra-division playoffs are working properly and the format is as close to the real life NZ football league from 2023 onwards. 

Edited by jimdownunder

On 28/11/2022 at 04:39, alexobc said:

You cannot play with the Phoneix Reserves in the NZ Competition. They are greyed out when you go to select the team.

On 27/11/2022 at 15:06, timmarkcorcoran said:

it wasn't that long ago it was a "closed franchise" type league.

I d love nothing more than getting to manage my lifelong club Queens Park to national glory

Queens Park are now playing in the ODT FootballSouth Premiership which is the feeder league to the Southern League.

I have now got the Northern, Central and Southern Leagues working. It turned out that the Oceania Champions League and Club World Cup files were causing interference. The Oceania Champions league seems to integrate with the file putting Auckland City and Wellington Olympic into the 2023 competition which is correct. I am just fine tuning and tinkering with some things but all going well I should have a final update out tomorrow, then working on a Club World Cup file.

10 hours ago, jimdownunder said:

Queens Park are now playing in the ODT FootballSouth Premiership which is the feeder league to the Southern League.

yea (the club livestreams most of their games on youtube) and they/we did really well all things considered.

I still make the trip down from Christchurch most years to presents dads memorial trophy at the prize giving, 

A quick update. I am testing the file in game and it seems to be without glitches. I will look to make a Club World Cup file that integrates with this file. All going well in the next 24 hours or so I will be releasing the New Zealand league file with the updated Club World Cup for 2022 to play in early Feburary 2023 in-game.

Hey guys, unfortunately I have not been able to get an OFC Champions League or Club World Cup file to integrate with the NZ League file that I have made and tomorrow I will be traveling to Christmas time. I may come back and have a look at these files when I come back but at least here is the file for the NZ league system. There is a generic O-League file but it will always qualify Auckland City and Wellington Olympic. At least this is what I saw in my in game testing and the FIFA Club World Cup will only be scheduled in 2025. Many hours of hard work spent trying to get these files all to work in harmony. The editor is very frustrating to use and very complicated to get something fairly straightforward to work. I have included the OFC Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup files if someone else would like to have a crack at making these work.

New Zealand League.fmf OFC Champions League.fmf

Edited by jimdownunder

16 hours ago, jimdownunder said:

Hey guys, unfortunately I have not been able to get an OFC Champions League or Club World Cup file to integrate with the NZ League file that I have made and tomorrow I will be traveling to Christmas time. I may come back and have a look at these files when I come back but at least here is the file for the NZ league system. There is a generic O-League file but it will always qualify Auckland City and Wellington Olympic. At least this is what I saw in my in game testing and the FIFA Club World Cup will only be scheduled in 2025. Many hours of hard work spent trying to get these files all to work in harmony. The editor is very frustrating to use and very complicated to get something fairly straightforward to work. I have included the OFC Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup files if someone else would like to have a crack at making these work.

New Zealand League.fmf 251.67 kB · 0 downloads OFC Champions League.fmf 17.35 kB · 0 downloads FIFA Club World Cup Changes.fmf 17.98 kB · 0 downloads

cheers foryour work mate. im going to have a crack with the nz file

Edited by timmarkcorcoran

39 minutes ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

cheers foryour work mate. im going to have a crack with the nz file

I have made headway with the FIFA Club World Cup as well today. It now works for the 2022 season but thereafter it isn't registering teams in time for the 2023 edition of the Club World Cup. It is because of the Asian Champions League not finishing in time before December of 2023. To permanently fix this the dates in the AFC Champions League file will need to be amended so that the competition can finish before the end of each calendar year.

Edited by jimdownunder

Here is the Club World Cup file if you wanna load that into your game. It should work for the 2022 season with Auckland City playing LAFC (I made an assumption that the host was the USA) in the first game. I didn't have time to test it into the future. When I get back from holidays I might have another go, but at least for the first season whoever is playing with Auckland City can see how far they can go in the Club World Cup.

FIFA Club World Cup.fmf

Edited by jimdownunder