Match 29: Cameroon vs Serbia: 10am kick-off UK time, Al Janoub Stadium

The_jagster

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

Yeah, takes another step to his right and then he's on the back foot to dive back across. Not great.

Never seen the guy play before, but to me he just looks unathletic. No bounce in him, glued to the ground.

As we like to say in my language, he just drops like a sack of potatoes without having any elevation. :lol:

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Maybe Song will bring on Cameroon's other goalkeeper at half-time.

Simon Ngapandouetnbu. 19 years old, 0 caps. What could go wrong? :D

Kameini is actually still playing. Too bad he wasn't selected by Song, would've be cool too see him back

Just now, brez22 said:

John Hartson thinks the Cameroon players running on could start a new "president".

Well, Cameroon have had the same president for 40 years, so he's probably saying it's time for a change. :p

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Rigobert Song’s Cameroon career is absolutely mad. Still in their WC squad in South Africa when Choupo-Moting broke through. But he also played with Roger Milla who made his Cameroon debut in 1973 :D 

Was in World Cup squads with players born between 1952 (Milla) and 1992 (Aboubakar). Almost a 40-year difference.

3 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Was in World Cup squads with players born between 1952 (Milla) and 1992 (Aboubakar). Almost a 40-year difference.

I think that Cameroon squad in ‘94 still holds an obscure record for age gap between oldest and youngest player. Rigobert Song (17) and Roger Milla (42).

Unless Egypt broke that record in Russia when they picked the 45yo keeper.

3 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

I think that Cameroon squad in ‘94 still holds an obscure record for age gap between oldest and youngest player. Rigobert Song (17) and Roger Milla (42).

Unless Egypt broke that record in Russia when they picked the 45yo keeper.

Egypt's youngest player was 21 (Ramadan Sobhi - what happened to him?), so it looks like that record's safe.