If you want to play as St Louis City SC and actually participate in the expansion draft etc before the season, you have to jump through a bunch of hoops since SI develops very little between each years games and rarely anything for MLS. Which is a shame because this is one of the few times left that the MLS will have expansion teams added with drafts to create a team from scratch.

In 2022, St Louis SC is in the "Lower Leagues" (not loaded) instead of the MLS, even after the MLS season ends.

You'll need to create a new game with the below settings:

Select Team - Make sure you choose St Louis as your team before you create the new game, you can only select a team if you have no custom editor files. You can't join teams in leagues that aren't loaded if you use ANY editor files when you start a new game. You also cannot move your manager there using the in-game editor.

Start Date - You want to choose a start date that is before December (waiver/expansion drafts), I used the England First Champions League as the starting date, I believe it is September 5th.

Then you can participate in:

Waiver Draft - Dec 12

Expansion Draft - Dec 13

Super Draft - Jan 12

Edited by rekluse

5 hours ago, rekluse said:

If you want to play as St Louis City SC and actually participate in the expansion draft etc before the season, you have to jump through a bunch of hoops since SI develops very little between each years games and rarely anything for MLS. Which is a shame because this is one of the few times left that the MLS will have expansion teams added with drafts to create a team from scratch.

In 2022, St Louis SC is in the "Lower Leagues" (not loaded) instead of the MLS, even after the MLS season ends.

You'll need to create a new game with the below settings:

Select Team - Make sure you choose St Louis as your team before you create the new game, you can only select a team if you have no custom editor files. You can't join teams in leagues that aren't loaded if you use ANY editor files when you start a new game. You also cannot move your manager there using the in-game editor.

Start Date - You want to choose a start date that is before December (waiver/expansion drafts), I used the England First Champions League as the starting date, I believe it is September 5th.

Then you can participate in:

Waiver Draft - Dec 12

Expansion Draft - Dec 13

Super Draft - Jan 12

Just passing by, but is that for full fat FM? This is the FM Mobile section and I don't think there are drafts etc in the mobile version (at least not that I've seen). Would be happy to be wrong about that though.

On 29/11/2022 at 03:02, StephenCronin said:

Just passing by, but is that for full fat FM? This is the FM Mobile section and I don't think there are drafts etc in the mobile version (at least not that I've seen). Would be happy to be wrong about that though.

Oh you're right, sorry I was searching for St. Louis to see if anyone made kits for them before I made my own. Saw this post didn't realize it was mobile. I have no idea about mobile.

9 hours ago, rekluse said:

Oh you're right, sorry I was searching for St. Louis to see if anyone made kits for them before I made my own. Saw this post didn't realize it was mobile. I have no idea about mobile.

Yeah no worries, happens all the time! Thanks for trying to help the OP. 🙂