DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

RAM: 16Gb

So I've been having this error continuously pop up in my FM save.  It say DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.  I've done many things such as uninstall/reinstall FM, run Steam as admin, and made sure my drivers are the latest to try to fix the issue but it persists.  Has anyone else had this issue and find a way to fix it?

Edited by ManOfSteele22

• SI Staff

@ManOfSteele22 We have a series of steps available here to help troubleshoot this issue: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10003999857553-What-should-I-do-if-I-receive-a-DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-error-message-when-playing-Football-Manager-#text

Should the issue still persist after trying the steps available there you can create a support ticket through: https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

5 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

We have a series of steps available here to help troubleshoot this issue: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/10003999857553-What-should-I-do-if-I-receive-a-DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-error-message-when-playing-Football-Manager-#text

Should the issue still persist after trying the steps available there you can create a support ticket through: https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

I have submitted a ticket earlier today and awaiting a response. :)

• SI Staff

Okay, hopefully you'll get a response on that soon enough. If you haven't yet followed the steps on the first link I provided, I would suggest trying those as I think that will be their first suggestion anyway for such an issue. If you have already tried them, then it may be worth including what you have done so far (if you haven't already) just so that they can start giving advice from the most relevant point.

5 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

Okay, hopefully you'll get a response on that soon enough. If you haven't yet followed the steps on the first link I provided, I would suggest trying those as I think that will be their first suggestion anyway for such an issue. If you have already tried them, then it may be worth including what you have done so far (if you haven't already) just so that they can start giving advice from the most relevant point.

Thanks for the heads up.  I have tried all the steps in that link you provided already and did not help unfortunately, and will let those who respond know what stage I'm at.

1 minute ago, ManOfSteele22 said:

into year 3

Wow, OK, that is very odd, IMO such crashes don't start occurring until well in the save and with larger dbases.  The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is that if you didn't have this ussue back in FM22, roll your video card driver back a few versions, and if it works keep updating the driver until it doesn't.  

Good luck!

1 minute ago, Jellico73 said:

Wow, OK, that is very odd, IMO such crashes don't start occurring until well in the save and with larger dbases.  The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is that if you didn't have this ussue back in FM22, roll your video card driver back a few versions, and if it works keep updating the driver until it doesn't.  

Good luck!

Will do.  Yes it is VERY weird.  I looked up before how this error message occurs and it strangely enough says when a secondary monitor is being plugged in or disconnected.  While I am running a duel monitor setup they are securely plugged in and nothing is moving around.