Remove animated ad hoardings around the pitch

smolinski

Greetings,

I want to get rid of animated ad hoardings around the pitch. I may want to replace it with a color or a texture or just take it out. Simply removing "ads.fmf" file wasn't sufficient.

Does anyone know how?

Edited by smolinski

5 hours ago, smolinski said:

Greetings,

I want to get rid of animated ad hoardings around the pitch. I may want to replace it with a color or a texture or just take it out. Simply removing "ads.fmf" file wasn't sufficient.

Does anyone know how?

When you install the adboards patch (no longer available on the major fan websites, but a Google search will help ;-)) but don’t add the files dat go in the “data” folder the adboards will be black. 

I found that when I reinstalled the pack for FM2023 (2022 version works fine) and I tried without adding the folder that needs to go in the game/data folder (see the installation instructions as a few steps are needed)

So if you, in this case on purpose, install the pack but without the data folder files you will have no adboards showing at all.

I prefer to see them obviously but “different people have different wishes”

@a31632 Thank you very much for your courage to reply to my question, as you know si games is trying to stop people from removing these ad hoardings. I already found the patch and I'm applying it.

No matter what they think, I have the right to protect my subconscious from these visuals.

Special thanks to you.

19 minutes ago, smolinski said:

@a31632 Thank you very much for your courage to reply to my question, as you know si games is trying to stop people from removing these ad hoardings. I already found the patch and I'm applying it.

No matter what they think, I have the right to protect my subconscious from these visuals.

Special thanks to you.

Just stating facts here, SI is releasing a new game every year with very minor upgrades/changes and is charging full price, making huge money. (Instead of releasing some updates to the existing game and doing a data update on it). 

My opinion on this is that SI could/should release data updates for 2 years and release a new game every other year (just like 2K is doing with their PGA 2k21 and now PGA 2k23 games) with hopefully more changes and updates to the game itself after 2 years.

As it is now its a huge “money grab” to my opinion and as the proceeds from the game are likely “not deemed enough” they are selling the adboards to advertisers and they don’t want modifications on the adboards as that would impact their revenues from selling the space on the boards.

So now they have forced several major fansite’s to remove the postings about the adboards. Luckily the internet can’t be censored this way and a Google search gives enough hits and you can still obtain the mod. The mod is even completely free and lots of work was done by its maker who did an amazing job that creates full immersion and it looks fantastic.

I am not afraid, I’m not offering any download links or encourage people to break the rules from SI. I’m simply stating facts and give my opinion on SI’s money making business model. Luckily we are not living in a dictatorship where I can be imprisoned or sent to a work camp for giving just my opinion on things like this.

Hope the solution works for you 😎

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/12/2022 at 15:48, a31632 said:

Just stating facts here, SI is releasing a new game every year with very minor upgrades/changes and is charging full price, making huge money. (Instead of releasing some updates to the existing game and doing a data update on it). 

My opinion on this is that SI could/should release data updates for 2 years and release a new game every other year (just like 2K is doing with their PGA 2k21 and now PGA 2k23 games) with hopefully more changes and updates to the game itself after 2 years.

As it is now its a huge “money grab” to my opinion and as the proceeds from the game are likely “not deemed enough” they are selling the adboards to advertisers and they don’t want modifications on the adboards as that would impact their revenues from selling the space on the boards.

So now they have forced several major fansite’s to remove the postings about the adboards. Luckily the internet can’t be censored this way and a Google search gives enough hits and you can still obtain the mod. The mod is even completely free and lots of work was done by its maker who did an amazing job that creates full immersion and it looks fantastic.

I am not afraid, I’m not offering any download links or encourage people to break the rules from SI. I’m simply stating facts and give my opinion on SI’s money making business model. Luckily we are not living in a dictatorship where I can be imprisoned or sent to a work camp for giving just my opinion on things like this.

Perfect post/reply at the perfect time...was just looking up how to change them in 23 if it was possible (I didn't buy 21 or 22 for the very reasons you stated) and have to admit, when first starting 23 to be greeted with an ad useage permission screen almost made me get a refund.

Thanks.

Edited by Maviarab

On 01/12/2022 at 23:48, a31632 said:

That said you can bet next year it will be hard coded so nothing can change them.  Personally think they are a Epileptic risk.  Im not epileptic but they do anoy my eyes . Is there a warning anywhere?

Edited by alian62