[FM23.4] Saudi Pro League

I'll take a look. There is some weirdness with stadia that doesn't show up in the editor but should still be changeable.

As for the July 1 transfers, I guess I like the realism of a stream of players arriving all summer and not just like 200 moves taking place on July 1, but that's doable as a fix in the editor if you prefer it that way. I'll think about it though, your idea makes more sense for "future" transfers (i.e. if the Neymar deal was worked out ahead of time like it is for us, it almost certainly would have been for July 1, not late-window).

Edited by themodelcitizen

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ajoobah said:

Hi themodelcitizen,

I have not played this Saudi league for a while - was waiting until the transfer window was closed. I've noticed a small error:

If you look at Al-Fateh and Al-Adalah under 'planned infrastructure changes' it reads "due to complete...... change works on 1/1/1900"

One more thing. Wouldn't have been smarter that all transfers went through on 1/7-2023? So that for instance the clubs didn't buy anymore players in between the first and the last transfers (some in late august and september)? It would also be beneficial for the selling clubs in terms of lower wage budget from 1/7 and not in late august/september?

Sorry, where are you seeing that again? Looks fine in mine:

Spoiler

jalawi.thumb.png.19aa5023cff1aada6f37a1dc8aa4a8f2.pngjalawi2.thumb.png.6799b100f1935893c9798203dff421ea.png

Unless it appears somewhere else and I'm missing it, are you running any other files (not mine) that might touch stadia or Saudi clubs? We might be able to make it compatible with them. In the meantime, do you use the pre-game editor? You could just wipe the changes to bin Jalawi stadium

Hahah all good. Testing is always appreciated! As a result I went in and noticed some other stadium stuff that benefited from a touch-up, so we're even better now. Stuff like, the Dammam clubs who share a stadium having a backup in case they both play a home game at the same time... although I believe the game automatically tries to schedule stadium-mates in different slots if available. At least it must? Inter and Milan come to mind

EDIT: @ajoobah were you touching up the stadia in a separate file to line up with the Asian Cup bid better? Any suggestions? :D

On 13/09/2023 at 02:20, themodelcitizen said:

EDIT: @ajoobah were you touching up the stadia in a separate file to line up with the Asian Cup bid better? Any suggestions? :D

By random I saw the capacity wasn't 27.000 but more like 19.550 (according to wikipedia) BUT I'm not sure thats right either. I correct/change things from time to time. For instance: In the editor the clubs presidents are elected. I changed it to 'no elections' because I was afraid that the club would loose its foreground sugar daddy status :D

On 13/09/2023 at 02:20, themodelcitizen said:

. Stuff like, the Dammam clubs who share a stadium having a backup in case they both play a home game at the same time... although I believe the game automatically tries to schedule stadium-mates in different slots if available. At least it must? Inter and Milan come to mind

I am too lazy to check but aren't Milan and Inter playing in different stadiums in the game? This is due to they being very strict about the name of the stadium. 

It's for FM22 but the game always re-schedules games whenever needed. So much so that using the Stadium Pool option to have several games a day in a stadium should be ticked for those leagues where this would happen IRL. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Leaning towards no. I've spent all year editing, need to play some :lol: will see how the new game (and editor) look

Thats perfectly fine, I've spent a lot of time trying to actually get good mods for my game (not a lot out there for non steam users). Now I regret not playing enough of the game, definitely the right call although would definitely be a shame to see. I only recently started to appreciate a lot more how much you've put into your databases and your contributions will definitely be missed. 

18 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Leaning towards no. I've spent all year editing, need to play some :lol: will see how the new game (and editor) look

Play..... the ..... game? Is that an option?

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Finally doing some coaching in Saudi and the First Division (second tier) is really competitive in the first season, there are 4 automatic promotion spots because of the first tier expanding. So you can be fighting relegation one week, and then with a couple of strong results suddenly be in the promotion mix (alongside Al-Ahli, who have one of the hottest young European managers and a slate of stars arriving in the summer).

The Qatar top division looks fun for the same reasons. 12 teams with only 1 automatic relegation spot! I just saw Umm-Salal sack Patrice Carteron midway through the season as they're rock bottom, but that's only a point from safety and just 9 points from a Champions League place (with a couple of extra spots going to the revived GCC tournament)