Severe lag.

Hey, so out of nowhere tonight the game started stuttering even out of the match engine, mouse skipping around and what not, during games the 3d match engine the ball and the players skip about too, its not a framerate issue. The load up screen is also taking longer than 5 minutes to load if i dont touch anything, it just straight up freezes and when it is animated its so laggy. Its only football manager doing it.

ive tried turning off all skins, messing with any options i can think of.

any help much appreciated 

32gb RAM

3080 ti

i9 12900k

Edited by Baz92

9 minutes ago, Baz92 said:

Hey, so out of nowhere tonight the game started stuttering even out of the match engine, mouse skipping around and what not, during games the 3d match engine the ball and the players skip about too, its not a framerate issue. The load up screen is also taking longer than 5 minutes to load if i dont touch anything, it just straight up freezes and when it is animated its so laggy. Its only football manager doing it.

ive tried turning off all skins, messing with any options i can think of.

any help much appreciated 

32gb RAM

3080 ti

i9 9900k

Right click on Football Manager 2023 on Steam > Properties > Launch Options

--disable_flip_discard

In NVIDIA Control Panel

Low Latency Mode - Ultra
Threaded Optimization - On
Triple Buffering - Off
Vertical Sync - Off

Hope that helps

34 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

--disable_flip_discard

In NVIDIA Control Panel

Low Latency Mode - Ultra
Triple Buffering - Off
Vertical Sync - Off

Hope that helps

life saver mate that command done the trick. Bizarre though, any idea what causes that issue ?

On 03/12/2022 at 13:20, Michael Sant said:

In its simplest terms, the disable flip discard changes an element of the game back to a setting that was used prior to this most recent update. 

Not quite? I could play on full settings before the update . Even with this solution I can't play on full settings so more needs to be done

Edited by prot651

9 hours ago, prot651 said:

Not quite? I could play on full settings before the update . Even with this solution I can't play on full settings so more needs to be done

I could play on medium to high... now can’t play on anything but 2D

1 hour ago, EdL said:

Have you all tried passing in the --disable_flip_discard command line as above?

I have numerous times.. done all troubleshooting.. b4 update fine if you look on forum loads in same bout also on steam! Not good at all

• SI Staff

Yeah absolutely but everyonI've come across has solved it with that command as it reverts the rendering behaviour to pre-patch.

What GPU and monitor have you got? Are you using a high refresh rate and g-sync or free_sync ?

37 minutes ago, EdL said:

Yeah absolutely but everyonI've come across has solved it with that command as it reverts the rendering behaviour to pre-patch.

What GPU and monitor have you got? Are you using a high refresh rate and g-sync or free_sync ?

I have a 1650 Nvidia max q... 144hz monitor. I’ve come across a lot we’re it hasn’t.... no g sync or free sync. I’ve tried everything lowered it to 60hz nothing even worse.

play matches on low graphics b4 update was fine buttery smooth now just a mess. Am not a novice at computers or software. Appreciate the response but we need a fix for this. If was not a fault from your side we would not have to be putting commands in to fix it... well some fixed but a lot not can’t play the game

• SI Staff

Hmm that doesn't seem to match with the other issues we've received they've usually been solved by using the comman line and/or reducing the refresh rate. Basically the change for CU1 could cause the frame rate to become unbounded in some setups, which the game isn't designed to handle and would break some things. But your issue seems different perhaps.

Also worth checking your nvidida control panel v-sync setting to make sure it sets to application default.

54 minutes ago, EdL said:

Hmm that doesn't seem to match with the other issues we've received they've usually been solved by using the comman line and/or reducing the refresh rate. Basically the change for CU1 could cause the frame rate to become unbounded in some setups, which the game isn't designed to handle and would break some things. But your issue seems different perhaps.

Also worth checking your nvidida control panel v-sync setting to make sure it sets to application default.

I’ve set it to 3D applications controlled also tried off... any suggestions other than this?

6 minutes ago, EdL said:

I think you;ll have to create a support ticket as it seems your issue is different to the majority issue we are seeing then.

Done this with sega waiting for response different to ones that are being said... been speaking to them since the update came out thanks anyway 

1 hour ago, Lpool1 said:

Done this with sega waiting for response different to ones that are being said... been speaking to them since the update came out thanks anyway 

Can you keep me in the loop too? Having the same issue after trying the --disable_flip_discard 

15 minutes ago, lampy said:

Yeah, nvidia card but its from like 2011. One day I'll afford an upgrade :D

lol ye mines a year old still cant play 3d lol just trying laugh now till they fix stutter ........ 2d at mo like you said [blue disc player lol]

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/12/2022 at 19:17, fc.cadoni said:

--disable_flip_discard

In NVIDIA Control Panel

Low Latency Mode - Ultra
Triple Buffering - Off
Vertical Sync - Off

Hope that helps

Hi,

Do you know how to do this if you are playing through Game pass on PC?