FM23_23.2 update causing 2d pitch flicker

Tyburn

During in between hightlights, half time panels and match tactic Screen the 2d pitch (just the green pitch) flickers continually after 23.2. When a highlight is showing it is fine.

Someone suggested adding  a command line on start up (via steam) but that didn’t fix the flickering 2d pitch for me. Nor did lowering my refresh rate.

As I play with my own skin I have altered multiple panels to cover the pitch in between highlights and on the match tactics screen. It’s basically a bodge to “hide” the flickering.

But does anyone know “why” this is now a thing with 23.2?

I haven’t tested other skins but it has been mentioned changing skins helped. If that is the case I presume something in my panels/match panels could be a culprit. Or there is something I can add to the code somewhere that negates the issue.

I have “solved” the issue, by hiding the pitch with a background “picture” widget, and stretching the match score board panel etc but it’s still there in the background, flickering away, and I am curious to know why and if there is anything I could do, code wise.

I am using Michael’s match screen mod from fm21 as a base for my inbetween highlights panels, altered a fair bit by me, if that makes a difference, although I hear this is affecting a fair few people, who’ll have their own set ups.

I'm having the same issue with the standard skin. It looks like its trying to load something and fails but it happens every second or two. Tried lots of things (graphic driver, changing graphic detail, refresh rate etc) but nothing has helped. It also happens during highlights. I assume it's the same issue though as it sounds very similar.

Edited by van_pommel

9 hours ago, Tyburn said:

During in between hightlights, half time panels and match tactic Screen the 2d pitch (just the green pitch) flickers continually after 23.2. When a highlight is showing it is fine.

Someone suggested adding  a command line on start up (via steam) but that didn’t fix the flickering 2d pitch for me. Nor did lowering my refresh rate.

As I play with my own skin I have altered multiple panels to cover the pitch in between highlights and on the match tactics screen. It’s basically a bodge to “hide” the flickering.

But does anyone know “why” this is now a thing with 23.2?

I haven’t tested other skins but it has been mentioned changing skins helped. If that is the case I presume something in my panels/match panels could be a culprit. Or there is something I can add to the code somewhere that negates the issue.

I have “solved” the issue, by hiding the pitch with a background “picture” widget, and stretching the match score board panel etc but it’s still there in the background, flickering away, and I am curious to know why and if there is anything I could do, code wise.

I am using Michael’s match screen mod from fm21 as a base for my inbetween highlights panels, altered a fair bit by me, if that makes a difference, although I hear this is affecting a fair few people, who’ll have their own set ups.

This happening with the base skin?