Director of Football

Thinking trying to make my save more realistic by using a DOF for transfers.

On doing this you have 3 settings in the staff responsibilities  that you can assign the DOF or board member to- 1 for initiating the transfer, another for negotiating the transfer and a third for finalising the transfer.

What I want to do in the game is go to him or the board with a list of targets for them to sign under the transfer targets tab under DOF on the transfers page , WITHOUT the DOF signing other players who I may not want.  Would I be right in thinking that to achieve this I would have to set him to initiate the transfer and negotiate it and for myself to finalise the transfer as manager so that he does not fetch in any other players or am I ok for him to do all 3 in the settings.

Not really used this feature before, but I noticed on another blog post that the DOF will fetch other players in, which is not good for squad building and also players who you may not want, so want to make sure the settings are correct before I start.  Also has the DOF improved on his negotiaition skills as I also read in previous versions of the game sometimes he negotiates bad deals and wondered if this had been fixed

I would set him to negotiate and finalise, and YOU initiate. That way, when you like a player, you get the DOF to sign him (add as transfer target). I usually make the amount automatic but set the squad status I want. Then the DOF goes for that player. Often, he fails to sign him, which is the realism you want.

32 minutes ago, DrIgz said:

I would set him to negotiate and finalise, and YOU initiate. That way, when you like a player, you get the DOF to sign him (add as transfer target). I usually make the amount automatic but set the squad status I want. Then the DOF goes for that player. Often, he fails to sign him, which is the realism you want.

Thanks, what do you do for your player sales to make it realistic I was thinking I would initiate the sales with the DOF negotiating and finalising and for the U21s I would initiate, signings, DOF negotiates and finalises but for the U18's the HOYD finds outgoing loans for young players  and also initiates signings for U18's squad with the DOF negotiating and finalising.  My only input with the U18's would be to initiate any player sales.   

Wjhat do you do for the contract discussions I was thinking of having myself to negotiate these for the First team, UI21 and U18's - not sure if that is realistic though, my though was I don't want to lose the players that has been signed where the DOF may do, and by that time comes round to re-negotiating I would have built up a good relationship with the player to convince him to stay more so than the DOF as Id be working with him every day

I also kept the original DOF at the club and set it for the board to negotiate his contract or find someone else as irl it would be upto them and not the manager, same for the technical director.

If you set the negotiating sales at the club to the DOF, if you are set to initiate the sales for the club, I assume it means that if an offer comes in YOU will tell your DOF that its ok for the player to be sold and he wont automatically sell the player that the offer has been made for

Thoughts?

Edited by wazza

3 hours ago, wazza said:

If you set the negotiating sales at the club to the DOF, if you are set to initiate the sales for the club, I assume it means that if an offer comes in YOU will tell your DOF that its ok for the player to be sold and he wont automatically sell the player that the offer has been made for

Nope if you are set to initiate it means that your DoF wont actively look to sell players. Having him set to negotiate though means that he will be in charge of any incoming offers and will choose to accept/reject them.

There should be an option for what you've described though.

For player sales, I do the same thing, I initiate, he negotiates and finalises. Any offers that come in, he deals with. Therefore, he may sell a player you would have kept. However, if I want to sell a player, I transfer list, and DO NOT give a value for how much I want. Therefore, I do not dictate what sort of offer is accepted. Sometimes, the offer is decent, but the DOF is not happy and I have to keep the bloody useless player. I think that's realistic, as in real life the coach will tell the DOF he doesn't need a player, but the DOF makes the business decisions and won't let a player go just because you don't want him, he wants to get the money he thinks the club needs.