FM Mobile not available in my country

Hello,

FM Mobile does not show up on my PlayStore when I search for it and if I find the PlayStore link via Google, it leads me to the page on the PlayStore which says that FM Mobile is not available in my country.
edit: country is Montenegro, as I've been instructed by the poster below to say.

Is there any other way I can buy the game? What is it SI, you don't want to take my money?

Edited by crnarupa

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm afraid Montenegro hasn't got paid Apps on GooglePlay, I'm afraid its nothing specific to FMM - but more the way the store is setup there (you'd have to take it up with Google themselves, sorry).

Is there no other way to play the game here then? Have you considered setting up a direct payment via your website or something for users like myself? I'd be willing to install it manually i.e. download and extract from a .rar file and everything, I don't need the PlayStore.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, crnarupa said:

Is there no other way to play the game here then? Have you considered setting up a direct payment via your website or something for users like myself? I'd be willing to install it manually i.e. download and extract from a .rar file and everything, I don't need the PlayStore.

I'm afraid I'm just a developer and that sort of thing isn't something I'd be involved with (sorry) - I'm afraid it is very unlikely though as the potential risks of distributing in that manner would far outweigh the potential benefits for the studio (sorry). 

This is a long shot that probably won't be of much help to you, but: in the past there have been some apps not available in Australia that I've been able to get when visiting another country. So if you get the chance to travel, you might be able to buy it then.

Looking at the list of countries where commercial apps are available (https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/143779) I can see Serbia, Bosnia and Albania all on the list. Not sure where in Montenegro you live, but maybe a trip across the border might be possible? Probably a bit much to get an app, even one as great as FMM, but could be a possibility if you want it that bad.

Of course, I can't be sure that that loophole will still work, so it could possible you'd travel and not be able to buy it. Probably best to check with other people in Montenegro about their experience - surely this must be discussed online somewhere (about commercial apps in general rather than FMM specific).

Anyway, good luck, hope you get it somehow.

Google allows you to change your Play store country but there are restrictions on how often you can do it. I also suspect that you would need to be in the new country to download the apps. If you changed your store to Serbia and nipped across the border to buy the apps so you don’t get geo-blocked then all should be fine but as Stephen says, it’s best to check with your local Android community.

• 1 month later...
On 25/12/2022 at 08:02, StephenCronin said:

It's been a long time since I tried that with Google Play, but they were too smart. It's one thing to fool Netflix, another to fool Google...

It's pretty easy with Google play store though. Create a new mail, turn on your VPN which is set to a different country then log into the play store as the new mail.