[FM23] Youth Development :: Golden Generation :: Academy Graduate :: Youth Singings (Thread)

Essentially, I couldn't find a thread that covers youth players for FM23, so this is designed to incorporate the whole lot.

Show your academy graduates, youth youth signings (under 18 signings), your youth intakes.

Has anyone got an actual golden generation coming through?

I'll start you all off with this car crash of a youth intake preview..

GxAdLRa.png

That's an all 'E' graded intake. Guess this isn't going to be a 'golden generation'.

At first forget that preview. Means nothing. The actual intake matters, where the stars is relative to your own current squad. So, if you have a (current squad) player with highest PA at 100; and the youth have 5* star (not white star) will be at least PA 100 or 90 or 110 or higher; you don't know exactly.

Then, some factors determine youth. First is Nation Factors:

- Game Importance
- Economic Factor
- State of Development
- FA Financial Power
- Youth Rating

Second is Club Factors:

- Youth Facilities
- Youth Coaching
- Youth Recruitment
- Youth Importance

Also, league reputation, club reputation take their roles into equation.

Start from HoYD and Youth Coaches personalities. As shown in recent video from Bustthenet, can have a big impact of what it comes from below U15. Also, upgrading or changing some thing (eg. upgrading facilities or HoYD), will need some time to take an effect.

Good luck!

se4szIr.png

The standout player from the intake.

Currently playing a 4-1-3-1-1 (MR/AML). So, thoughts are to convert him into a MR and develop him into a wide playmaker (position currently taken up by 39 year old Ricardo Quaresma).

I'd accept someone with his technical attributes every year if they're graded as an E.

22 hours ago, albertluque said:

se4szIr.png

The standout player from the intake.

Currently playing a 4-1-3-1-1 (MR/AML). So, thoughts are to convert him into a MR and develop him into a wide playmaker (position currently taken up by 39 year old Ricardo Quaresma).

I'd accept someone with his technical attributes every year if they're graded as an E.

This geezer has made 4 first team appearances (had to wait until he turned 17. Ricardo Quaresma is retiring June 2024, so he has 6 months to develop into a guaranteed starter (Quaresma has been my best player).

Looking ahead - this is this season's intake preview. My current HOYD was hired between intake day and the preview day of last year, so this is his first full intake. Fingers crossed.

mgKt0wk.png

7 hours ago, FelixForte said:

This is the best talent I've had so far in my youth intake. Looks like a player who could develop into a brilliant player.

I also have a new Head of Youth Development since this year. Hopefully this will lead to better intakes.

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 08.46.34.png

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 08.47.51.png

Wish Talan worked for me! WOW!

• Administrators

Bear in mind a HOYD develops players from a very young age, so you're unlikely to see a knock on with the quality of your players specifically attributable to a HOYD for at least a few intakes. 

Yes they may help boost a player towards the end of their 'youth' development before they're part of an intake, but by that stage a lot of the work may already be done for that player. 

Also :brock:

yuff.jpg

This can be manipulated by save scumming so not sure the point here. 

6 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Bear in mind a HOYD develops players from a very young age, so you're unlikely to see a knock on with the quality of your players specifically attributable to a HOYD for at least a few intakes. 

Yes they may help boost a player towards the end of their 'youth' development before they're part of an intake, but by that stage a lot of the work may already be done for that player. 

yuff.jpg

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, callamity said:

This can be manipulated by save scumming so not sure the point here. 

It's more an element of there being factors tied into everything at the club which give you a better/worse chance of intakes being good. Yes there is a point where most of this info can be affected by save scumming, but the HOYD affects things tied into that longer term. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

yuff.jpg

That’s really interesting to know, I hadn’t realised it took into account several years! My previous HYOD were luckily also quite good so hopefully all in all the intakes will turn out well!

Sometimes with players who came who come through your youth intakes, it will say "Player X has been with the club since year Y", which is before they actually hit the Under 18s.. showing they've been at the club for a long while.

I've only ever had four players good enough for first team football come through at Everton and strangely enough three of them came through in the same intake. So I guess that counts as a golden generation.

I'm convinced the people who do get decent intakes annually do it by save scumming. I'm still on FM22 and there's no way you can maintain your squad using your youth system and I've got top staff and have 'Excellent' junior coaching and youth recruitment, a top HOYD etc. So perhaps a step below the likes of City and United who are at 'exceptional', but it's almost impossible to get it any higher as the board just reject it despite massive success, a really good financial position and a philosophy to use youth players.

The top recruit from second season intake... higher potential ability than Blaz Cerne...

p5dIaH6.png

We have gained promotion to the top tier, passing the top two on the last day of the season. Hopefully, I can establish the team in the top tier to improve our finances are start building our youth facilities.

My worldwide knowledge is growing with many other Former Yugoslav nations being covered, further afield access to England through my manager and Portugal through Ricardo Quaresma SHOULD start seeing more variation in our intake,

16 hours ago, busngabb said:

I've only ever had four players good enough for first team football come through at Everton and strangely enough three of them came through in the same intake. So I guess that counts as a golden generation.

I'm convinced the people who do get decent intakes annually do it by save scumming. I'm still on FM22 and there's no way you can maintain your squad using your youth system 

I've had a CL winning squad with a third of the players coming thru my youth system. I'm still on fm20 and I didn't savescum. 

I did have to learn to be patient with my talents. Because next to all the top wonderkids from all around the world they didn't look as exiting. But when they where old enough the where good enough. 

(edit) had only 1 or 2 real star players though. And funnily enough not a single centre back that was good enough in 25 years. 

Edited by Feddo

Been fortunate to have some good players come through in my saves at Oviedo and Southampton, but really struggling to loan youth players out for first team experience which kind of ruins my method, and even when I add to development list with important player or regular starter selected, my DoF continues to accept “fringe player” or “impact sub” offers.

Anyone else struggling to get their younger players to develop this year?

Especially technical attributes. I've got a number of five star potential players for my team I'm building on a pentagon challenge save in Mexico.

Having been at the club 18 months and given over 30-40 games to these players, in a team that is winning, with 4 star coaches and 'state of the art training facilities', training in the roles they play in, I'm seeing so little improvement. 

New save.. better looking intake.

Tbei9ku.png

Currently managing Assyriska, a club founded by people of Assyrian/Syriac descent. The goal of the save is to grow the Syrian and Iraqi national team through my academy development... 3 months time and we'll see what we've got.

EdE7A4O.png

+2 other 'Elite Talents'

Spoiler

1 Austrian

1 Ethiopian

2 Iranians

2 Iraqis

1 Lebanese

4 Syrian

1 Turkish

The save idea might just work, unless improved youth recruitment dilutes my intake and means I lose Iraqi and Syrian newgens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2023 at 00:14, albertluque said:

EdE7A4O.png

+2 other 'Elite Talents'

Hide contents

1 Austrian

1 Ethiopian

2 Iranians

2 Iraqis

1 Lebanese

4 Syrian

1 Turkish

The save idea might just work, unless improved youth recruitment dilutes my intake and means I lose Iraqi and Syrian newgens.

Wow, just wow. Amazing intake. I don't know what am I doing wrong.

All of my facilities are 20.

My team is nr 1 rated club in the world.

Have the best HOYD. He is set to be responsible for youth intakes.

I even set Sweden to generate 200 talents. I have the best coaches in the world. It is 2029 and I have never had any player above 130 PA and all of my youth intakes are **** poor all players rated E.

I even set top 20 swedish teams to have all the facilities at their clubs to 20 to see if they produce anything good and in 9 years all of the clubs with everything set to 20 and youth rating set to 200 the best player produced is 161. there are 10 players rated 155-159. It seems I have some glaring mistake that I have done. Game produces talents but just not swedish, which is set to highest possible chance.

Screenshot_1323.png

Screenshot_1322.png