Arrange friendly match

When doing business with smaller clubs, there is often a clause being added to arrange a friendly match with that club. This could provide those clubs with significant additional income.

However, i notice that in practice there is no reason / incentive to actually stay true to your word on this? I don't see the calendar being filled up with friendlies against these teams and I think that typically they do not even happen. Is this a bug?

1 hour ago, FelixForte said:

When doing business with smaller clubs, there is often a clause being added to arrange a friendly match with that club. This could provide those clubs with significant additional income.

However, i notice that in practice there is no reason / incentive to actually stay true to your word on this? I don't see the calendar being filled up with friendlies against these teams and I think that typically they do not even happen. Is this a bug?

You still have to arrange it. When you organise a friendly, the club appears as an option when it didn't before. It still has to be at a time when it's reasonable for the club to be free.

23 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

You still have to arrange it. When you organise a friendly, the club appears as an option when it didn't before. It still has to be at a time when it's reasonable for the club to be free.

I understand. But there is no consequence of not doing so?

11 minutes ago, FelixForte said:

I understand. But there is no consequence of not doing so?

Of not arranging the friendly? You lose the potential income. I don't think the option returns once the time is up.

When you're a lower league club and a big fish takes the player, the gate income can be worth vastly more than the transfer fee.

Edited by phnompenhandy