Recommendations - Recruitment focus

I have scouts looking for 3.5 * Current ability and 3.5* Potential ability for Goalkeepers, Defender Left, Defenders Right and Defenders Central in England as my current  GK.DL, DR and DC are only 3 * and there contracts are coming up for re-newal next season so I want to improve them.

I first had the focuses looking to suit the tactic and role with an age range from 18-35 to widen the search and hardly any recommendations came through.  Only 1 or 2 on each focus and on some none at all.  I then used the same search to look for the same CA and PA rated GK and same Defender type  focuses but set the tactics and roles to any with the same age range and again hardly any 3.5 * CA and PA recomendations are coming through.  I changed the CA and PA down to 3* and now some more have started to come through

I am playing in the English Championship and I would have thought there would be more defenders who are above 3.5*'s in the CA and PA range in the English league and cannot understand why my focuses are not picking them up.  I have 2 scouts looking for them on each focus GK, DL DR and DC and some of the focuses are set to top.

Any advice what I am doing wrong as I do not believe that there are only a few 3.5* CA and PA rated players in the England.

Edited by wazza

Ive looked at some other posts on this and have set the recruitment focuses to suit,  I have waited length of time for the focuses to be completed which it says they have in my inbox and only get 1 or 2 recommendations.  This changes if I change the CA to 3* where I start getting more players recommended.

I am scouting England and surely the English Premier League would have 4 - 5* players as CA.  Unless the reason is that they won't sign for me due to my reputation or don't want to step down into the Championship and thats why they are not recommended.  Even if this is the case I believe with the wide recruitment focus I have I still should be getting more than 2 recommendations per focus on 3.5 *.  On the previous FM's before the revamp you could see these players in a list but then if you clicked transfer not interested they would be filtered out.

Any other people had issues with the recruitment focus and what where the conclusions

Edited by wazza

Every recruitment focus I have created myself has never returned anything. I know some people say they have created focuses that have returned results for them, but I have had no luck, even setting 1-star CA and 3-star PA. The only way I've gotten any players returned in scouting is letting my Chief Scout handle the assignments.

Hopefully someone who has gotten it working will see this and tell us what we are missing.