Players unhappy with training - what to do

In my inbox I generally get the below message saying players are unhappy with training and have never found a way to resolve it.  I always set my players to have additional focus on there weakest attributes to improve them, however the players sometimes come back and say that the training is not beneficial. 

Take Christie he is a right full back on additional focus of defensive positioning as his marking and positioning attributes are 10 and his decisions is 11.  This needs improving for a Championship player playing as a right full back.  However he feels the individual training is not beneficial and is unhappy with training.  The report for the coach also reports that the individual training focus has benefited the player.  So what do I change to keep him happy while also hitting the attributes to that they improve.  I have had this problem throughout fm and have generally ignored it by swapping training schedules to ones even though the attributes in the swapped schedule are better.  

What is the correct thing to do to keep the player happy while also hitting the bad attributes if he is unhappy even though coach says made improvements

TO SEND IN TO FIX TRAIINING ADVICE.png

Edited by wazza

Does the player actually still improve in those attributes? I’m not 100% certain, but I think every player is very unique in terms of their potential development. Your player might have hit his personal ceiling for those attributes and can’t improve much further. 

I ignore these mails. As long as their training ratings are good, I feel thats the most important. If they are bad, its usually because they are either unhappy because of something else (contract issues or angry at being fined), or just bad personality.

I just feels the AI this year is all over training and cant make up his mind. In your staff meeting they will say "focus player x on training A because its a weakness in his game", and two months later its "we should stop training A for player x, its no longer a weakness" despite no change in attributes

If a player says he thinks he should be getting more of a certain type of training, I give it to him. If several players complain that the team isn't getting a certain kind of training, I schedule it. If they complain that training is too hard (or, my fave, that pre-season training started too early) they are shown the exit,

On 02/01/2023 at 03:55, eXistenZ said:

I ignore these mails. As long as their training ratings are good, I feel thats the most important. If they are bad, its usually because they are either unhappy because of something else (contract issues or angry at being fined), or just bad personality.

I just feels the AI this year is all over training and cant make up his mind. In your staff meeting they will say "focus player x on training A because its a weakness in his game", and two months later its "we should stop training A for player x, its no longer a weakness" despite no change in attributes

This drives me nuts to the point where I've just told them to stop suggesting individual training to me